The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2040. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1984
- January 24, 1984 – The first Apple Macintosh goes on sale.
- January 27, 1984 – Pop singer Michael Jackson suffers second degree burns to his scalp during the filming of a Pepsi commercial in the Shrine Auditorium.
- February 2, 1984 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Rat in Chinese astrology.
- March 16, 1984 – William Buckley, the CIA station chief in Beirut, Lebanon, is kidnapped by Islamic fundamentalists and later died in captivity.
- April 17, 1984 – Police Constable Yvonne Fletcher is killed by gunfire from the Libyan People’s Bureau (Embassy) in London during a small demonstration outside the embassy. Ten others are wounded. The events lead to an 11-day siege of the building.
- May 8, 1984 – The Thames Barrier is officially opened.
- July 28, 1984 – The 1984 Summer Olympics officially known as the Games of the XXIII Olympiad were opened in Los Angeles.
- August 15, 1984 – The Kurdistan Workers’ Party in Turkey starts a campaign of armed attacks upon the Turkish military with an attack on police and gendarmerie bases in Şemdinli and Eruh
- November 25, 1984 – Thirty-six top musicians gather in a Notting Hill studio and record Band Aid’s “Do They Know It’s Christmas?” in order to raise money for famine relief in Ethiopia.
- December 4, 1984 – Hezbollah militants hijack a Kuwait Airlines plane, killing four passengers.
Who Were Born On 1984?
- March 16, 1984 – Nele-Liis Vaiksoo, Estonian singer and actress
- March 20, 1984 – Fernando Torres, Spanish footballer
- May 15, 1984 – Mr Probz, Dutch singer-songwriter and producer
- May 20, 1984 – Keith Grennan, American football player
- June 2, 1984 – Max Boyer, Canadian wrestler
- June 17, 1984 – Si Tianfeng, Chinese race walker
- October 6, 1984 – Morné Morkel, South African cricketer
- October 24, 1984 – Kaela Kimura, Japanese singer-songwriter (Sadistic Mika Band)
- December 20, 1984 – David Tavaré, Spanish singer and DJ
- December 21, 1984 – Darren Potter, Irish footballer