The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2040. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1984
- January 22, 1984 – The Apple Macintosh, the first consumer computer to popularize the computer mouse and the graphical user interface, is introduced during Super Bowl XVIII with its famous “1984” television commercial.
- January 27, 1984 – Pop singer Michael Jackson suffers second degree burns to his scalp during the filming of a Pepsi commercial in the Shrine Auditorium.
- February 2, 1984 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Rat in Chinese astrology.
- March 14, 1984 – Gerry Adams, head of Sinn Féin, is seriously wounded in an assassination attempt in central Belfast.
- March 16, 1984 – William Buckley, the CIA station chief in Beirut, Lebanon, is kidnapped by Islamic fundamentalists and later died in captivity.
- August 11, 1984 – “We begin bombing in five minutes” – United States President Ronald Reagan, while running for re-election, jokes while preparing to make his weekly Saturday address on National Public Radio.
- October 12, 1984 – Brighton hotel bombing: The Provisional Irish Republican Army attempt to assassinate Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher and her cabinet. Thatcher escapes but the bomb kills five people and wounds 31.
- November 2, 1984 – Capital punishment: Velma Barfield becomes the first woman executed in the United States since 1962.
- November 10, 1984 – The first Breeders’ Cup takes place at Hollywood Park Racetrack.
- December 1, 1984 – NASA conducts the Controlled Impact Demonstration, wherein an airliner is deliberately crashed in order to test technologies and gather data to help improve survivability of crashes.
Who Were Born On 1984?
- January 20, 1984 – Rene Mandri, Estonian cyclist
- January 21, 1984 – Alex Koslov, Moldovan-American wrestler
- April 13, 1984 – Hiro Mizushima, Japanese actor
- May 4, 1984 – Kevin Slowey, American baseball player
- May 5, 1984 – Christian Valdéz, Mexican footballer
- July 11, 1984 – Hitomi Hyuga, Japanese actress
- August 13, 1984 – L'Aura, Italian singer-songwriter and pianist
- September 25, 1984 – Annabelle Wallis, English actress
- September 30, 1984 – Keisha Buchanan, English singer-songwriter (Sugababes and Mutya Keisha Siobhan)
- November 14, 1984 – Lisa De Vanna, Australian footballer