The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2040. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1984
- February 2, 1984 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Rat in Chinese astrology.
- February 3, 1984 – John Buster and the research team at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center announce history’s first embryo transfer, from one woman to another resulting in a live birth.
- May 8, 1984 – The Thames Barrier is officially opened.
- May 17, 1984 – Prince Charles calls a proposed addition to the National Gallery, London, a “monstrous carbuncle on the face of a much-loved and elegant friend”, sparking controversies on the proper role of the Royal Family and the course of modern architecture.
- June 6, 1984 – Tetris, one of the best-selling video games of all time, is first released in the USSR.
- June 8, 1984 – Homosexuality is declared legal in the Australian state of New South Wales.
- June 18, 1984 – A major clash between about 5,000 police and a similar number of miners takes place at Orgreave, South Yorkshire, during the 1984–85 UK miners’ strike.
- November 10, 1984 – The first Breeders’ Cup takes place at Hollywood Park Racetrack.
- November 19, 1984 – San Juanico disaster: A series of explosions at the Pemex petroleum storage facility at San Juan Ixhuatepec in Mexico City starts a major fire and kills about 500 people.
Who Were Born On 1984?
- January 5, 1984 – Nao Nagasawa, Japanese actress, voice actress, and singer
- January 19, 1984 – Jimmy Kébé, Malian footballer
- May 8, 1984 – Nadine Chandrawinata, German-Indonesian model and actress
- May 16, 1984 – Pania Rose, Australian model
- May 30, 1984 – Jordan Palmer, American football player
- July 8, 1984 – Alexis Dziena, American actress
- August 3, 1984 – Chris Maurer, American singer and bass player (Suburban Legends)
- August 14, 1984 – Giorgio Chiellini, Italian footballer
- December 12, 1984 – Sohail Tanvir, Pakistani cricketer
- December 21, 1984 – Sarah Mutch, Canadian model and actress