The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2040. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1984
- January 7, 1984 – Brunei becomes the sixth member of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN).
- February 2, 1984 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Rat in Chinese astrology.
- February 13, 1984 – Konstantin Chernenko succeeds the late Yuri Andropov as general secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union.
- March 16, 1984 – William Buckley, the CIA station chief in Beirut, Lebanon, is kidnapped by Islamic fundamentalists and later died in captivity.
- July 18, 1984 – The dismembered body of Swedish prostitute Catrine da Costa is found in Stockholm, the findings later led to a trial that ended in a mistrial for two accused doctors.
- August 22, 1984 – PC Brian Bishop a British police officer is shot in the head by an armed robber in Frinton-on-Sea, Essex. He dies from his injuries five days later.
- September 14, 1984 – Joe Kittinger becomes the first person to fly a gas balloon alone across the Atlantic Ocean.
- October 5, 1984 – Marc Garneau becomes the first Canadian in space, aboard the Space Shuttle Challenger.
- November 27, 1984 – Under the Brussels Agreement signed between the governments of the United Kingdom and Spain, the former agreed to enter into discussions with Spain over Gibraltar, including sovereignty.
- December 20, 1984 – The Summit Tunnel fire is the largest underground fire in history, as a freight train carrying over 1 million liters of gasoline derails near the town of Todmorden, England, in the Pennines.
Who Were Born On 1984?
- January 13, 1984 – Lourdes Arévalos, Paraguayan model, Miss Paraguay 2006
- January 24, 1984 – Paulo Sérgio Moreira Gonçalves, Portuguese footballer
- June 13, 1984 – Phillip Van Dyke, American actor
- August 8, 1984 – Brenda Gandini, Argentinian model, actress, and singer
- September 17, 1984 – Eugenia Volodina, Russian model
- October 24, 1984 – Kaela Kimura, Japanese singer-songwriter (Sadistic Mika Band)
- October 25, 1984 – Sara Lumholdt, Swedish singer and dancer (A-Teens)
- November 14, 1984 – Courtney Johns, Australian footballer
- November 25, 1984 – Gaspard Ulliel, French model and actor
- December 28, 1984 – Duane Solomon, American runner