The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Historical Events Of 1986
- January 13, 1986 – A month-long violent struggle begins in Aden, South Yemen between supporters of Ali Nasir Muhammad and Abdul Fattah Ismail, resulting in thousands of casualties.
- January 24, 1986 – Voyager 2 passes within 81500 km of Uranus.
- February 1, 1986 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Tiger in Chinese astrology.
- February 22, 1986 – Start of the People Power Revolution in the Philippines.
- April 15, 1986 – The United States launches Operation El Dorado Canyon, its bombing raids against Libyan targets in response to a bombing in West Germany that killed two U.S. servicemen.
- April 26, 1986 – A nuclear reactor accident occurs at the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant in the Soviet Union (now Ukraine), creating the world’s worst nuclear disaster.
- June 22, 1986 – The controversial Hand of God goal by Diego Maradona in the quarter-finals of the 1986 FIFA World Cup match between Argentina and England. This was later followed by the Goal of the Century also by Maradona. Argentina would win 2–1 and go on to win the world cup.
- October 29, 1986 – British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher opens the last stretch of the M25 motorway.
- November 6, 1986 – Sumburgh disaster: A British International Helicopters Boeing 234LR Chinook crashes sortfrac 2 miles east of Sumburgh Airport killing 45 people. It is the deadliest civilian helicopter crash on record.
- November 13, 1986 – The Compact of Free Association becomes law, granting the Federated States of Micronesia, the Marshall Islands independence from the United States.
Who Were Born On 1986?
- January 15, 1986 – Fred Davis, American football player
- February 23, 1986 – Ola Svensson, Swedish singer-songwriter
- May 6, 1986 – Gintarė Vostrecovaitė, Lithuanian figure skater
- June 13, 1986 – Mary-Kate Olsen, American actress, singer, producer, and fashion designer
- June 18, 1986 – Edgars Eriņš, Latvian decathlete
- June 26, 1986 – Xisco, Spanish footballer
- June 27, 1986 – Sean Plott, American gamer and sportscaster
- July 26, 1986 – Monica Raymund, American actress
- September 30, 1986 – Cristián Zapata, Colombian footballer
- November 10, 1986 – Aaron Crow, American baseball player