The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Did you know? It takes as little as 8 hours of one-on-one tutoring to improve a full letter grade, according to a nationwide poll of private tutors. Click here to search for a tutor today! More than 80,000 tutors in 300+ subjects. (Sponsored link; US only)
Historical Events Of 1986
- January 1, 1986 – Aruba becomes independent of Curaçao, though it remains in free association with the Netherlands.
- February 1, 1986 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Tiger in Chinese astrology.
- February 19, 1986 – Akkaraipattu massacre: the Sri Lankan Army massacres 80 Tamil farm workers in the eastern province of Sri Lanka.
- February 25, 1986 – People Power Revolution: President of the Philippines Ferdinand Marcos flees the nation after 20 years of rule; Corazon Aquino becomes the Philippines’ first woman president.
- March 15, 1986 – Collapse of the Hotel New World: Thirty-three people die when the Hotel New World in Singapore collapses.
- June 4, 1986 – Jonathan Pollard pleads guilty to espionage for selling top secret United States military intelligence to Israel.
- August 31, 1986 – The Soviet passenger liner SS Admiral Nakhimov sinks in the Black Sea after colliding with the bulk carrier Pyotr Vasev, killing 423.
- October 27, 1986 – The British government suddenly deregulates financial markets, leading to a total restructuring of the way in which they operate in the country, in an event now referred to as the Big Bang.
- November 29, 1986 – The Surinamese military attacks the village of Moiwana during the Suriname Guerrilla War, killing at least 39 civilians, mostly women and children.
- December 16, 1986 – Gennady Kolbin replaces Dinmukhamed Konayev as First Secretary of the Kazakh Communist Party, prompting the Jeltoqsan protests which began the next day.
Who Were Born On 1986?
- March 15, 1986 – Jai Courtney, Australian actor
- April 18, 1986 – Efraín Velarde, Mexican footballer
- May 16, 1986 – Shamcey Supsup, Filipino model and architect
- June 3, 1986 – Rafael Nadal, Spanish tennis player
- August 14, 1986 – Braian Rodríguez, Uruguayan footballer
- August 29, 1986 – Hajime Isayama, Japanese illustrator, created Attack on Titan
- September 4, 1986 – OMI, Jamaican singer
- September 9, 1986 – Luc Mbah a Moute, Cameroonian basketball player
- December 6, 1986 – Sean Edwards, English race car driver (d. 2013)
- December 19, 1986 – Zuzana Hejnová, Czech hurdler