The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1986
- February 1, 1986 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Tiger in Chinese astrology.
- February 19, 1986 – Akkaraipattu massacre: the Sri Lankan Army massacres 80 Tamil farm workers in the eastern province of Sri Lanka.
- February 20, 1986 – The Soviet Union launches its Mir spacecraft. Remaining in orbit for 15 years, it is occupied for ten of those years.
- March 24, 1986 – The Loscoe gas explosion leads to new UK laws on landfill gas migration and gas protection on landfill sites.
- April 1, 1986 – Sector Kanda: Communist Party of Nepal (Mashal) cadres attacks a number of police stations in Kathmandu, seeking to incite a popular rebellion.
- April 17, 1986 – Nezar Hindawi’s attempt to detonate a bomb aboard an El Al flight from London to Tel Aviv is thwarted.
- August 31, 1986 – Aeroméxico Flight 498 collides with a Piper PA-28 Cherokee over Cerritos, California, killing 67 in the air and 15 on the ground.
- November 13, 1986 – The Compact of Free Association becomes law, granting the Federated States of Micronesia, the Marshall Islands independence from the United States.
- December 16, 1986 – Gennady Kolbin replaces Dinmukhamed Konayev as First Secretary of the Kazakh Communist Party, prompting the Jeltoqsan protests which began the next day.
- December 31, 1986 – A fire at the Dupont Plaza Hotel in San Juan, Puerto Rico, kills 97 and injures 140.
Who Were Born On 1986?
- January 2, 1986 – Ediz Bahtiyaroğlu, Turkish-Bosnian footballer (d. 2012)
- February 15, 1986 – Ami Koshimizu, Japanese voice actress and singer
- February 19, 1986 – Jayde Nicole, Canadian model
- May 6, 1986 – Tyler Hynes, Canadian actor, director, and producer
- May 19, 1986 – Eric Lloyd, American actor
- June 30, 1986 – Hugh Sheridan, Australian actor and singer
- July 2, 1986 – Brett Cecil, American baseball player
- August 4, 1986 – Cicinho, Brazilian footballer
- August 7, 1986 – Sten Olmre, Estonian volleyball player
- October 6, 1986 – Meg Myers, American singer-songwriter and guitarist