The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1986
- January 1, 1986 – Spain and Portugal are admitted into the European Community.
- February 1, 1986 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Tiger in Chinese astrology.
- February 19, 1986 – Akkaraipattu massacre: the Sri Lankan Army massacres 80 Tamil farm workers in the eastern province of Sri Lanka.
- March 15, 1986 – Collapse of the Hotel New World: Thirty-three people die when the Hotel New World in Singapore collapses.
- March 27, 1986 – A car bomb explodes at Russell Street Police HQ in Melbourne, killing one police officer and injuring 21 people.
- June 22, 1986 – The controversial Hand of God goal by Diego Maradona in the quarter-finals of the 1986 FIFA World Cup match between Argentina and England. This was later followed by the Goal of the Century also by Maradona. Argentina would win 2–1 and go on to win the world cup.
- July 2, 1986 – Rodrigo Rojas and Carmen Gloria Quintana are burnt alive during a street demonstration against the dictatorship of General Augusto Pinochet in Chile.
- September 5, 1986 – Pan Am Flight 73 with 358 people on board is hijacked at Karachi International Airport.
- September 30, 1986 – Mordechai Vanunu, who revealed details of Israel’s covert nuclear program to British media, is kidnapped in Rome, Italy by the Israeli Mossad.
- October 11, 1986 – Cold War: U.S. President Ronald Reagan and Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev meet in Reykjavík, Iceland, in an effort to continue discussions about scaling back their intermediate missile arsenals in Europe.
Who Were Born On 1986?
- January 15, 1986 – Fred Davis, American football player
- February 23, 1986 – Kazuya Kamenashi, Japanese singer-songwriter and actor (KAT-TUN and Shūji to Akira)
- March 15, 1986 – Serkan Çalik, German-Turkish footballer
- March 27, 1986 – Marcus Pode, Swedish footballer
- July 9, 1986 – Severo Meza, Mexican footballer
- August 4, 1986 – Nick Augusto, American drummer (Trivium)
- August 17, 1986 – Bryton James, American actor and singer
- September 19, 1986 – Gerald Ciolek, German cyclist
- September 30, 1986 – Rene Ranger, New Zealand rugby player
- November 10, 1986 – Ilias Iliadis, Georgian-Greek martial artist