The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2026. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Rudolph’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
Historical Events Of 1987
- January 29, 1987 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Rabbit in Chinese astrology.
- February 23, 1987 – Supernova 1987a is seen in the Large Magellanic Cloud.
- February 25, 1987 – Southern Methodist University’s football program is the first college football program to receive the death penalty by the NCAA’s Committee on Infractions. It was revealed that athletic officials and school administrators had knowledge of a “slush fund” used to make illegal payments to the school’s football players as far back as 1981.
- April 19, 1987 – The Simpsons premieres as a short cartoon on The Tracey Ullman Show.
- April 28, 1987 – American engineer Ben Linder is killed in an ambush by U.S.-funded Contras in northern Nicaragua.
- May 8, 1987 – The Loughgall ambush: The SAS kills eight Provisional Irish Republican Army volunteers and a civilian during an ambush in Loughgall, Northern Ireland.
- August 19, 1987 – Hungerford massacre: In the United Kingdom, Michael Ryan kills sixteen people with a semi-automatic rifle and then commits suicide.
- September 17, 1987 – Pope John Paul II embraces an AIDS-infected boy while visiting San Francisco.
- September 18, 1987 – Jerzy Kukuczka becomes the second mountaineer to summit all 14 Eight-thousanders.
- December 20, 1987 – In the worst peacetime sea disaster, the passenger ferry Doña Paz sinks after colliding with the oil tanker Vector in the Tablas Strait in the Philippines, killing an estimated 4,000 people (1,749 official).
Who Were Born On 1987?
- January 16, 1987 – Lauren McAvoy, English model
- February 7, 1987 – Joe Cardle, English footballer
- March 27, 1987 – Samuel Francis, Nigerian-Qatari sprinter
- May 13, 1987 – Antonio Adán, Spanish footballer
- August 4, 1987 – Marreese Speights American basketball player
- August 29, 1987 – Tony Kane, Irish footballer
- September 9, 1987 – Gökhan Keser, Turkish model, actor, and singer
- October 27, 1987 – Viktor Genev, Bulgarian footballer
- November 25, 1987 – Dolla, American rapper (d. 2009)
- December 18, 1987 – Minami Tsukui, Japanese actress