The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2044. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1988
- February 5, 1988 – Manuel Noriega is indicted on drug smuggling and money laundering charges.
- February 17, 1988 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Dragon in Chinese astrology.
- March 16, 1988 – The Troubles: Ulster loyalist militant Michael Stone attacks a Provisional IRA funeral in Belfast with pistols and grenades. Three people are killed and more than 60 wounded. The attack was filmed by news crews.
- April 4, 1988 – Governor Evan Mecham of Arizona is convicted in his impeachment trial and removed from office.
- April 18, 1988 – The United States launches Operation Praying Mantis against Iranian naval forces in the largest naval battle since World War II.
- July 3, 1988 – The Fatih Sultan Mehmet Bridge in Istanbul, Turkey is completed, providing the second connection between the continents of Europe and Asia over the Bosphorus.
- August 10, 1988 – Japanese American internment: U.S. President Ronald Reagan signs the Civil Liberties Act of 1988, providing $20,000 payments to Japanese Americans who were either interned in or relocated by the United States during World War II.
- October 19, 1988 – The British government imposes a broadcasting ban on television and radio interviews with members of Sinn Féin and eleven Irish republican and Ulster loyalist paramilitary groups.
- December 14, 1988 – The ET3 television network is launched in Thessaloniki, Greece.
- December 20, 1988 – The United Nations Convention Against Illicit Traffic in Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances is signed in Vienna, Austria.
Who Were Born On 1988?
- January 20, 1988 – Uwa Elderson Echiéjilé, Nigerian footballer
- March 14, 1988 – Stephen Curry, American basketball player
- April 29, 1988 – Julian Reus, German sprinter
- June 12, 1988 – Eren Derdiyok, Swiss footballer
- June 13, 1988 – Gabe Carimi, American football player
- July 12, 1988 – LeSean McCoy, American football player
- July 19, 1988 – Jakub Kovář, Czech ice hockey player
- August 17, 1988 – Brady Corbet, American actor, director, and screenwriter
- September 3, 1988 – Marine Debauve, French gymnast