The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2023. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1989
- February 6, 1989 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Snake in Chinese astrology.
- February 20, 1989 – An IRA bomb destroys a section of a British Army barracks in Ternhill, England.
- February 24, 1989 – Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini offers a US$3 million bounty for the death of The Satanic Verses author Salman Rushdie.
- March 21, 1989 – Sports Illustrated reports allegations tying baseball player Pete Rose to baseball gambling.
- August 19, 1989 – Radio Caroline, the offshore pirate station in the North Sea, is raided by British and Dutch governments.
- August 20, 1989 – The pleasure boat Marchioness sinks on the River Thames following a collision. Fifty-one people are killed.
- November 10, 1989 – German citizens begin to bring the Berlin Wall down.
- December 1, 1989 – Cold War: East Germany’s parliament abolishes the constitutional provision granting the Communist Party the leading role in the state.
- December 3, 1989 – Cold War: In a meeting off the coast of Malta, U.S. President George H. W. Bush and Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev release statements indicating that the Cold War between NATO and the Soviet Union may be coming to an end.
- December 17, 1989 – Fernando Collor de Mello defeats Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva in the second round of the Brazilian presidential election, becoming the first democratically elected President in almost 30 years.
Who Were Born On 1989?
- January 29, 1989 – Kevin Shattenkirk, American ice hockey player
- February 5, 1989 – Otele Mouangue, Cameroonian footballer
- February 20, 1989 – Jack Falahee, American actor
- April 19, 1989 – Kristen O'Connor, American singe-songwriter and guitarist
- July 4, 1989 – Rodgers Kola, Zambian footballer
- July 7, 1989 – Kim Bum, South Korean actor, singer, and dancer
- July 14, 1989 – Sakari Mattila, Finnish footballer
- September 6, 1989 – Kim So-eun, South Korean actress
- October 6, 1989 – Albert Ebossé Bodjongo, Cameroonian footballer (d. 2014)
- December 29, 1989 – Left Brain, American rapper and producer (Odd Future and MellowHype)