The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2023. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1989
- February 6, 1989 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Snake in Chinese astrology.
- March 1, 1989 – The United States becomes a member of the Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works.
- April 11, 1989 – Ron Hextall becomes the first goaltender in NHL history to score a goal in the playoffs.
- April 15, 1989 – Hillsborough disaster: A human crush occurs at Hillsborough Stadium, home of Sheffield Wednesday, in the FA Cup Semi-final, resulting in the deaths of 96 Liverpool fans.
- May 29, 1989 – Signing of an agreement between Egypt and the United States, allowing the manufacture of parts of the F-16 jet fighter plane in Egypt.
- July 17, 1989 – First flight of the B-2 Spirit Stealth Bomber.
- August 19, 1989 – Several hundred East Germans cross the frontier between Hungary and Austria during the Pan-European Picnic, part of the events that began the process of the Fall of the Berlin Wall.
- November 10, 1989 – The longtime leader of the People’s Republic of Bulgaria Todor Zhivkov is removed from office and replaced by Petar Mladenov.
- December 1, 1989 – Cold War: East Germany’s parliament abolishes the constitutional provision granting the Communist Party the leading role in the state.
Who Were Born On 1989?
- January 3, 1989 – Anya Rozova, Russian-American model
- January 4, 1989 – Graham Rahal, American race car driver
- January 16, 1989 – Yvonne Zima, American actress
- March 12, 1989 – Siim Luts, Estonian footballer
- March 15, 1989 – Bryce Gibbs, Australian footballer
- March 19, 1989 – Craig Lamar Traylor, American actor
- March 31, 1989 – Liu Zige, Chinese swimmer
- April 8, 1989 – Gabriella Wilde, English actress
- June 21, 1989 – Patrick Schönfeld, German footballer
- December 7, 1989 – Caleb Landry Jones, American actor