The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2023. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Historical Events Of 1989
- February 6, 1989 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Snake in Chinese astrology.
- April 7, 1989 – Soviet submarine Komsomolets sinks in the Barents Sea off the coast of Norway killing 42 sailors.
- May 2, 1989 – Hungary begins dismantling its border fence with Austria, which allows a number of East Germans to defect.
- May 29, 1989 – Signing of an agreement between Egypt and the United States, allowing the manufacture of parts of the F-16 jet fighter plane in Egypt.
- June 4, 1989 – Ali Khamenei is elected as the new Supreme Leader of the Islamic Republic of Iran by the Assembly of Experts after the death and funeral of Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini.
- August 18, 1989 – Leading presidential hopeful Luis Carlos Galán is assassinated near Bogotá in Colombia.
- September 4, 1989 – In Leipzig, East Germany, the first of weekly demonstration for the legalisation of opposition groups and democratic reforms takes place.
- October 9, 1989 – An official news agency in the Soviet Union reports the landing of a UFO in Voronezh.
- October 22, 1989 – 11-year-old Jacob Wetterling is kidnapped by a masked gunman as he rode his bike near his home in St. Joseph, Minnesota.
- December 10, 1989 – Mongolian Revolution: At the country’s first open pro-democracy public demonstration, Tsakhiagiin Elbegdorj announces the establishment of the Mongolian Democratic Union.
Who Were Born On 1989?
- January 4, 1989 – Labrinth, English singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer
- January 27, 1989 – Ricky van Wolfswinkel, Dutch footballer
- February 14, 1989 – Christopher Handke, German footballer
- March 3, 1989 – Erwin Mulder, Dutch footballer
- June 17, 1989 – Georgios Tofas, Cypriot footballer
- July 15, 1989 – Alisa Kleybanova, Russian tennis player
- July 22, 1989 – Keegan Allen, American actor
- September 26, 1989 – Chinami Suzuki, Japanese model, television host, and actress
- November 17, 1989 – Ryan Griffin, American football player