The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2023. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1989
- February 6, 1989 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Snake in Chinese astrology.
- February 15, 1989 – Soviet war in Afghanistan: The Soviet Union officially announces that all of its troops have left Afghanistan.
- February 27, 1989 – Venezuela is rocked by the Caracazo riots.
- April 1, 1989 – Margaret Thatcher’s new local government tax, the Community Charge (commonly known as the “poll tax”), is introduced in Scotland.
- May 20, 1989 – The Chinese authorities declare martial law in the face of pro-democracy demonstrations, setting the scene for the Tiananmen Square massacre.
- July 19, 1989 – United Airlines Flight 232 crashes in Sioux City, Iowa killing 111.
- August 24, 1989 – Cincinnati Reds manager Pete Rose is banned from baseball for gambling by Commissioner A. Bartlett Giamatti.
- October 23, 1989 – Bankruptcy of Wärtsilä Marine; the biggest bankruptcy in the Nordic countries until then.
- December 1, 1989 – Philippine coup attempt: The right-wing military rebel Reform the Armed Forces Movement attempts to oust Philippine President Corazon Aquino in a failed bloody coup d'état.
- December 17, 1989 – Fernando Collor de Mello defeats Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva in the second round of the Brazilian presidential election, becoming the first democratically elected President in almost 30 years.
Who Were Born On 1989?
- January 13, 1989 – James Berrett, English-Irish footballer
- January 14, 1989 – Liu Xiaodong, Chinese footballer
- March 4, 1989 – Bradley Middleton, English footballer
- March 15, 1989 – Caitlin Wachs, American actress
- April 6, 1989 – Renārs Rode, Latvian footballer
- May 19, 1989 – Jasmine, Japanese singer-songwriter and producer
- June 11, 1989 – Maya Moore, American basketball player
- June 28, 1989 – Nicole Rottmann, Austrian tennis player
- July 25, 1989 – Andrew Caldwell, American actor
- August 19, 1989 – Romeo Miller, American rapper, actor, and basketball player