The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2023. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Curious about this Yellow Bubble Heart? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Historical Events Of 1989
- February 6, 1989 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Snake in Chinese astrology.
- May 13, 1989 – Large groups of students occupy Tiananmen Square and begin a hunger strike.
- May 29, 1989 – Signing of an agreement between Egypt and the United States, allowing the manufacture of parts of the F-16 jet fighter plane in Egypt.
- May 31, 1989 – A group of six members of the guerrilla group Túpac Amaru Revolutionary Movement (MRTA) of Peru, shoot dead eight transsexuals, in the city of Tarapoto.
- July 19, 1989 – United Airlines Flight 232 crashes in Sioux City, Iowa killing 111.
- October 17, 1989 – Peaceful Revolution: The East German Politburo votes to remove Erich Honecker from his role as General Secretary of the Socialist Unity Party of Germany.
- November 13, 1989 – Hans-Adam II, the present Prince of Liechtenstein, begins his reign on the death of his father.
- November 20, 1989 – Velvet Revolution: The number of protesters assembled in Prague, Czechoslovakia swells from 200,000 the day before to an estimated half-million.
- December 1, 1989 – Cold War: East Germany’s parliament abolishes the constitutional provision granting the Communist Party the leading role in the state.
- December 20, 1989 – United States invasion of Panama: The United States sends troops into Panama to overthrow government of Manuel Noriega. This is also the first combat use of purpose-designed stealth aircraft.
Who Were Born On 1989?
- March 13, 1989 – Tom Westley, English cricketer
- April 2, 1989 – Midhun Jith, Indian martial artist
- April 20, 1989 – Heejun Han, South Korean-American singer and actor
- April 26, 1989 – Ayame Misaki, Japanese actress
- May 26, 1989 – Paula Findlay, Canadian triathlete
- June 12, 1989 – Krista K, Filipino-American model, actress, and singer
- June 27, 1989 – Bruna Tenório, Brazilian model
- August 14, 1989 – Artyom Bogucharsky, Russian actor
- September 10, 1989 – Matt Ritchie, English footballer
- September 15, 1989 – Kris Chetan Ramlu, New Zealand tabla player