The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2023. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Historical Events Of 1989
- February 6, 1989 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Snake in Chinese astrology.
- February 14, 1989 – Iranian leader Ruhollah Khomeini issues a fatwa encouraging Muslims to kill Salman Rushdie, author of The Satanic Verses.
- April 11, 1989 – Ron Hextall becomes the first goaltender in NHL history to score a goal in the playoffs.
- June 16, 1989 – Revolutions of 1989: Imre Nagy, the former Hungarian Prime Minister, is reburied in Budapest following the collapse of Communism in Hungary.
- June 24, 1989 – Jiang Zemin succeeds Zhao Ziyang to become the General Secretary of the Communist Party of China after the Tiananmen Square protests of 1989.
- July 19, 1989 – United Airlines Flight 232 crashes in Sioux City, Iowa killing 111.
- August 19, 1989 – Polish president Wojciech Jaruzelski nominates Solidarity activist Tadeusz Mazowiecki to be the first non-communist prime minister in 42 years.
- September 8, 1989 – Partnair Flight 394 drove into the North Sea, killing 55 people. The investigation showed that the tail of the plane vibrated loose in flight due to sub-standard connecting bolts that had been fraudulently sold as aircraft-grade.
- December 3, 1989 – Cold War: In a meeting off the coast of Malta, U.S. President George H. W. Bush and Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev release statements indicating that the Cold War between NATO and the Soviet Union may be coming to an end.
Who Were Born On 1989?
- January 7, 1989 – Emiliano Insúa, Argentinian footballer
- February 16, 1989 – Elizabeth Olsen, American actress and singer
- March 31, 1989 – Benjamin Alves, Guamanian-Filipino actor
- June 5, 1989 – Ellary Porterfield, American actress
- June 16, 1989 – Jelena Glebova, Estonian figure skater
- July 21, 1989 – Marco Fabián, Mexican footballer
- August 8, 1989 – Ken Baumann, American actor and author
- August 20, 1989 – Judd Trump, English snooker player
- October 30, 1989 – Vanessa White, English singer-songwriter and dancer (The Saturdays)