The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2029. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters WVFOUQPO? Check your answers here: Word finder WVFOUQPO. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
Historical Events Of 1990
- January 25, 1990 – Avianca Flight 52 crashes into Cove Neck, New York due to fuel exhaustion.
- January 27, 1990 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Horse in Chinese astrology.
- March 21, 1990 – Namibia becomes independent after 75 years of South African rule.
- April 12, 1990 – Jim Gary’s “Twentieth Century Dinosaurs” exhibition opens at the Smithsonian Institution National Museum of Natural History in Washington, D.C. He is the only sculptor ever invited to present a solo exhibition there.
- May 13, 1990 – Dinamo Zagreb-Red Star Belgrade riot
- May 17, 1990 – The General Assembly of the World Health Organization (WHO) eliminates homosexuality from the list of psychiatric diseases.
- July 16, 1990 – The Luzon earthquake strikes in Benguet, Pangasinan, Nueva Ecija, La Union, Aurora, Bataan, Zambales and Tarlac, Philippines, with an intensity of 7.7.
- July 27, 1990 – The Supreme Soviet of the Belarusian Soviet Republic declares independence of Belarus from the Soviet Union. Until 1996 the day is celebrated as the Independence Day of Belarus; after a referendum held that year the celebration of independence is moved to June 3.
- August 2, 1990 – Iraq invades Kuwait, eventually leading to the Gulf War.
- November 13, 1990 – In Aramoana, New Zealand, David Gray shoots dead 13 people in a massacre before being tracked down and killed by police the next day.
Who Were Born On 1990?
- January 24, 1990 – Mao Abe, Japanese singer-songwriter
- March 7, 1990 – Lefteris Matsoukas, Greek footballer
- March 30, 1990 – Jaik Mickleburgh, English cricketer
- April 10, 1990 – Andile Jali, South African footballer
- April 19, 1990 – Patrick Wiegers, German footballer
- July 10, 1990 – Nataline Sarkisyan, American leukemia patient, figure in health care reform debate (d. 2007)
- August 14, 1990 – Naz Aydemir, Turkish volleyball player
- September 20, 1990 – Phillip Phillips, American singer-songwriter and guitarist
- November 10, 1990 – Andre Blackman, English footballer
- December 5, 1990 – Montee Ball, American football player