The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2026. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1998
- January 1, 1998 – The European Central Bank is established.
- January 28, 1998 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Tiger in Chinese astrology.
- February 1, 1998 – Rear Admiral Lillian E. Fishburne becomes the first female African American to be promoted to rear admiral.
- February 3, 1998 – Cavalese cable car disaster: a United States military pilot causes the death of 20 people when his low-flying plane cuts the cable of a cable-car near Trento, Italy.
- March 4, 1998 – Gay rights: Oncale v. Sundowner Offshore Services, Inc.: The Supreme Court of the United States rules that federal laws banning on-the-job sexual harassment also apply when both parties are the same sex.
- May 21, 1998 – In Miami, five abortion clinics are hit by a butyric acid attacker.
- May 30, 1998 – A magnitude 6.6 earthquake hits northern Afghanistan, killing up to 5,000.
- August 30, 1998 – Second Congo War: Armed forces of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) and their Angolan and Zimbabwean allies recapture Matadi and the Inga dams in the western DRC from RCD and Rwandan troops.
- September 14, 1998 – Telecommunications companies MCI Communications and WorldCom complete their $37 billion merger to form MCI WorldCom.
- November 9, 1998 – A US federal judge orders 37 US brokerage houses to pay 1.03 billion United States dollars to cheated NASDAQ investors to compensate for price fixing. This is the largest civil settlement in United States history.
Who Were Born On 1998?
- January 6, 1998 – Yuuka Yano, Japanese actress
- February 19, 1998 – Katharina Gerlach, German tennis player
- March 30, 1998 – Janella Salvador, Filipino actress and singer
- April 11, 1998 – Oliver Dillon, English actor
- April 29, 1998 – Kimberly Birrell, Australian tennis player
- June 20, 1998 – Jadin Gould, American actress
- July 31, 1998 – Rico Rodriguez, American actor
- August 1, 1998 – Khamani Griffin, American actor
- September 10, 1998 – Anna Blinkova, Russian tennis player
- December 15, 1998 – Chandler Canterbury, American actor