The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2026. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Curious about this Hurry Up Fuse? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Historical Events Of 1998
- January 11, 1998 – Over 100 people are killed in the Sidi-Hamed massacre in Algeria.
- January 28, 1998 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Tiger in Chinese astrology.
- February 6, 1998 – Washington National Airport is renamed Ronald Reagan National Airport.
- April 20, 1998 – German terrorist group the Red Army Faction announces their dissolution after 28 years.
- July 4, 1998 – Japan launches the Nozomi probe to Mars, joining the United States and Russia as a space exploring nation.
- September 2, 1998 – The UN’s International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda finds Jean-Paul Akayesu, the former mayor of a small town in Rwanda, guilty of nine counts of genocide.
- September 4, 1998 – Google is founded by Larry Page and Sergey Brin, two students at Stanford University.
- October 14, 1998 – Eric Rudolph is charged with six bombings including the 1996 Centennial Olympic Park bombing in Atlanta, Georgia.
- October 29, 1998 – While en route from Adana to Ankara, a Turkish Airlines flight with a crew of six and 33 passengers is hijacked by a Kurdish militant who orders the pilot to fly to Switzerland. The plane instead lands in Ankara after the pilot tricked the hijacker into thinking that he is landing in the Bulgarian capital of Sofia to refuel.
- November 20, 1998 – The first module of the International Space Station, Zarya, is launched.
Who Were Born On 1998?
- January 5, 1998 – Marie Iitoyo, Japanese model and actress
- January 10, 1998 – Xu Shilin, Chinese tennis player
- April 6, 1998 – Spencer List, American actor
- June 5, 1998 – Yulia Lipnitskaya, Russian figure skater
- June 13, 1998 – Abdallah El Akal, Israeli actor
- July 24, 1998 – Bindi Irwin, Australian actress, singer, and television host
- July 30, 1998 – Johnny Bennett, English-Irish actor
- August 25, 1998 – Abraham Mateo, Spanish singer-songwriter and actor
- October 23, 1998 – Amandla Stenberg, American actress
- October 29, 1998 – Lance Stroll, Canadian race car driver