The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2021. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters RAMPOKCUGTH? Check your answers here: Word finder RAMPOKCUGTH. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
Historical Events Of 1999
- February 16, 1999 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Rabbit in Chinese astrology.
- February 23, 1999 – An avalanche destroys the Austrian village of Galtür, killing 31.
- April 8, 1999 – Haryana Gana Parishad, a political party in the Indian state of Haryana, merges with the Indian National Congress.
- April 29, 1999 – The Avala Tower near Belgrade is destroyed in the NATO bombing of Yugoslavia.
- June 2, 1999 – The Bhutan Broadcasting Service brings television transmissions to the Kingdom for the first time.
- July 1, 1999 – The Scottish Parliament is officially opened by Elizabeth II on the day that legislative powers are officially transferred from the old Scottish Office in London to the new devolved Scottish Executive in Edinburgh.
- August 26, 1999 – Russia begins the Second Chechen War in response to the Invasion of Dagestan by the Islamic International Peacekeeping Brigade.
- September 9, 1999 – Sega releases the first 128-bit video game console, the Dreamcast.
- October 22, 1999 – Maurice Papon, an official in the Vichy France government during World War II, is jailed for crimes against humanity.
- November 6, 1999 – Australians vote to keep the Head of the Commonwealth as their head of state in the Australian republic referendum.
Who Were Born On 1999?
- February 10, 1999 – Tiffany Espensen, Chinese-American actress
- March 5, 1999 – Madison Beer, American singer and actress
- April 9, 1999 – Isaac Hempstead-Wright, English actor
- May 14, 1999 – Francis Magundayao, Filipino actor and model
- May 28, 1999 – Cameron Boyce, American actor and dancer
- July 20, 1999 – Princess Alexandra of Hanover
- July 30, 1999 – Joey King, American actress
- September 7, 1999 – Cameron Ocasio, American actor
- September 15, 1999 – Nana Owada, Japanese singer and actress (AKB48)
- October 15, 1999 – Bailee Madison, American actress