The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2028. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Curious about this Perfect Gift Box? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Historical Events Of 2000
- January 4, 2000 – Two trains on the Røros Line collide in Åsta, Norway, resulting in an explosive fire and 19 deaths.
- February 5, 2000 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Dragon in Chinese astrology.
- March 1, 2000 – Hans Blix assumes the position of Executive Chairman of UNMOVIC.
- March 24, 2000 – S&P 500 index reaches an intraday high of 1,552.87, a peak that, due to the collapse of the dot-com bubble, it will not reach again for another seven-and-a-half years.
- May 24, 2000 – Israeli troops withdraw from southern Lebanon after 22 years of occupation.
- July 2, 2000 – Vicente Fox Quesada is elected the first President of México from an opposition party, the Partido Acción Nacional, after more than 70 years of continuous rule by the Partido Revolucionario Institucional.
- September 27, 2000 – The first Olympic Gold Medal ever for taekwondo was won by Greek athlete Michail Mouroutsos in men’s -58 kg division in Sydney.
- October 11, 2000 – NASA launches STS-92, the 100th Space Shuttle mission, using Space Shuttle Discovery.
- December 15, 2000 – The third reactor at the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant is shut down.
- December 25, 2000 – Russian President Vladimir Putin signs a bill into law that officially establishes a new National Anthem of Russia, with music adopted from the anthem of the Soviet Union that was composed by Alexander Vasilyevich Alexandrov.
Who Were Born On 2000?
- May 7, 2000 – Maxwell Perry Cotton, American actor
- May 30, 2000 – Jared S. Gilmore, American actor
- August 20, 2000 – Fátima Ptacek, American actress
- September 23, 2000 – Kalani Hilliker, American model and dancer
- September 26, 2000 – Princess Salma bint Abdullah of Jordan
- October 31, 2000 – Willow Smith, American actress and singer
- November 8, 2000 – Jasmine Thompson, English singer
- November 20, 2000 – Connie Talbot, English singer
- December 9, 2000 – Diāna Ņikitina, Latvian figure skater
- December 26, 2000 – Samuel Sevian, American chess player