The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2023. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
Historical Events Of 2006
- January 12, 2006 – A stampede during the Stoning of the Devil ritual on the last day at the Hajj in Mina, Saudi Arabia, kills at least 362 Muslim pilgrims.
- January 29, 2006 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Dog in Chinese astrology.
- March 30, 2006 – The United Kingdom Terrorism Act 2006 becomes a law.
- April 2, 2006 – Over 60 tornadoes break out in the United States; Tennessee is hardest hit with 29 people killed.
- June 18, 2006 – The first Kazakh space satellite, KazSat is launched.
- June 26, 2006 – Mari Alkatiri, the first Prime Minister of East Timor, resigns after weeks of political unrest.
- July 30, 2006 – The world’s longest running music show Top of the Pops is broadcast for the last time on BBC Two. The show had aired for 42 years.
- December 13, 2006 – Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities is adopted.
- December 15, 2006 – First flight of the Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II.
- December 30, 2006 – The Indonesian passenger ferry MV Senopati Nusantara sinks in a storm, resulting in at least 400 deaths.