2005 Calendar Trivia
The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2033. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Historical Events Of 2005
- January 10, 2005 – A mudslide occurs in La Conchita, California, killing 10 people, injuring many more and closing U.S. Route 101, the main coastal corridor between Los Angeles and San Francisco for 10 days.
- February 9, 2005 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Rooster in Chinese astrology.
- February 20, 2005 – Spain becomes the first country to vote in a referendum on ratification of the proposed Constitution of the European Union, passing it by a substantial margin, but on a low turnout.
- March 26, 2005 – The Taiwanese government calls on one million Taiwanese to demonstrate in Taipei, in opposition to the Anti-Secession Law of the People’s Republic of China. Around 200,000 to 300,000 attend the demonstration.
- July 7, 2005 – A series of four explosions occurs on London’s transport system killing 56 people including four suicide bombers and injuring over 700 others.
- July 23, 2005 – Three bombs explode in the Naama Bay area of Sharm el-Sheikh, Egypt, killing 88 people.
- September 27, 2005 – After 162 episodes, Tom and Jerry airs its final episode, “The Karate Guard”.
- October 8, 2005 – Kashmir earthquake: Thousands of people are killed by a magnitude 7.6 earthquake in parts of Pakistan, India and Afghanistan.
- November 23, 2005 – Ellen Johnson Sirleaf is elected president of Liberia and becomes the first woman to lead an African country.
- December 17, 2005 – Jigme Singye Wangchuck abdicates the throne as King of Bhutan.
Who Were Born On 2005?
- January 30, 2005 – Prince Hashem bin Al-Abdullah of Jordan
- June 12, 2005 – Ryzza Mae Dizon, Filipino actress
- June 26, 2005 – Princess Alexia of the Netherlands
- July 25, 2005 – Pierce Gagnon, American actor
- October 4, 2005 – Prince Emmanuel of Belgium
- October 31, 2005 – Leonor, Princess of Asturias
- December 3, 2005 – Prince Sverre Magnus of Norway
- December 13, 2005 – Prince Aymeric of Belgium
- December 31, 2005 – Lakshmi Tatma, Indian deformed girl