The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2036. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Curious about this Grape Spiral? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Historical Events Of 2008
- February 7, 2008 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Rat in Chinese astrology.
- February 23, 2008 – A U.S. Air Force B-2 Spirit bomber crashes on Guam. It is the first operational loss of a B-2.
- March 24, 2008 – Bhutan officially becomes a democracy, with its first ever general election.
- April 6, 2008 – The 2008 Egyptian general strike starts led by Egyptian workers later to be adopted by April 6 Youth Movement and Egyptian activists.
- July 28, 2008 – The historic Grand Pier in Weston-super-Mare burns down for the second time in 80 years.
- September 11, 2008 – A major Channel Tunnel fire broke out on a freight train, closed part of tunnel for 6 months.
- October 22, 2008 – India launches its first unmanned lunar mission Chandrayaan-1.
- November 26, 2008 – Mumbai attacks by Pakistan-sponsored Lashkar-e-Taiba.
- December 11, 2008 – Bernard Madoff is arrested and charged with securities fraud in a $50 billion Ponzi scheme.
- December 22, 2008 – An ash dike ruptured at a solid waste containment area in Roane County, Tennessee, releasing 1.1 e9USgal of coal fly ash slurry.