The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2036. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Historical Events Of 2008
- February 7, 2008 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Rat in Chinese astrology.
- March 24, 2008 – Bhutan officially becomes a democracy, with its first ever general election.
- June 8, 2008 – At least seven people are killed and ten injured in a stabbing spree in Tokyo, Japan.
- June 11, 2008 – Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper makes a historic official apology to Canada’s First Nations in regard to a residential school abuse in which children are isolated from their homes, families and cultures for a century.
- August 1, 2008 – Eleven mountaineers from international expeditions died on K2, the second-highest mountain on Earth in the worst single accident in the history of K2 mountaineering.
- August 8, 2008 – Official ceremony of 2008 Summer Olympic Games in Bird’s Nest.
- September 14, 2008 – All 88 people on board Aeroflot Flight 821 are killed when the plane crashes on approach to Perm Airport.
- October 22, 2008 – India launches its first unmanned lunar mission Chandrayaan-1.
- December 22, 2008 – An ash dike ruptured at a solid waste containment area in Roane County, Tennessee, releasing 1.1 e9USgal of coal fly ash slurry.
- December 24, 2008 – Lord’s Resistance Army, a Ugandan rebel group, begins a series of attacks on Democratic Republic of the Congo, massacring more than 400.