The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2036. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 2008
- February 7, 2008 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Rat in Chinese astrology.
- March 6, 2008 – A suicide bomber kills 68 people (including first responders) in Baghdad on the same day that a gunman kills eight students in Jerusalem.
- March 24, 2008 – Bhutan officially becomes a democracy, with its first ever general election.
- July 28, 2008 – The historic Grand Pier in Weston-super-Mare burns down for the second time in 80 years.
- August 16, 2008 – The Trump International Hotel and Tower in Chicago is topped off at 1389 ft, at the time becoming the world’s highest residence above ground-level.
- September 13, 2008 – Hurricane Ike makes landfall on the Texas Gulf Coast of the United States, causing heavy damage to Galveston Island, Houston and surrounding areas.
- October 3, 2008 – The Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008 for the U.S. financial system is signed by President George W. Bush.
- December 6, 2008 – The 2008 Greek riots break out upon the killing of a 15-year-old boy, Alexandros Grigoropoulos, by a police officer.
- December 11, 2008 – Bernard Madoff is arrested and charged with securities fraud in a $50 billion Ponzi scheme.
- December 14, 2008 – Muntadhar al-Zaidi throws his shoes at then-U.S. President George W. Bush during a press conference in Baghdad, Iraq.