The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2026. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters TJANXMOAVUL? Check your answers here: Word search TJANXMOAVUL. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
Historical Events Of 2009
- January 20, 2009 – A protest movement in Iceland culminates as the 2009 Icelandic financial crisis protests start.
- January 26, 2009 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Ox in Chinese astrology.
- February 7, 2009 – Bushfires in Victoria leaves 173 dead in the worst natural disaster in Australia’s history.
- March 3, 2009 – The Historical Archive of the City of Cologne collapses.
- June 8, 2009 – Two American journalists are found guilty of illegally entering North Korea and sentenced to 12 years of penal labour.
- June 12, 2009 – A disputed presidential election in Iran leads to wide ranging protests in Iran and around the world.
- June 22, 2009 – A Washington D.C Metro train was traveling southbound at the Fort Totten station when it collided into another train sitting in the station. Nine people were killed in the collision (eight passengers and the train operator) and at least 80 others were injured.
- November 25, 2009 – Jeddah floods: Freak rains swamp the city of Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, during an ongoing Hajj pilgrimage. Three thousand cars are swept away and 122 people perish in the torrents, with 350 others missing.
- December 3, 2009 – A suicide bombing at a hotel in Mogadishu, Somalia, kills 25 people, including three ministers of the Transitional Federal Government.
- December 26, 2009 – China opens the world’s longest high-speed rail route, which links Beijing and Guangzhou.