The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2044. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Naomi’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
Historical Events Of 1904
- January 17, 1904 – Anton Chekhov’s The Cherry Orchard receives its premiere performance at the Moscow Art Theatre.
- January 23, 1904 – Ålesund Fire: the Norwegian coastal town Ålesund is devastated by fire, leaving 10,000 people homeless and one person dead. Kaiser Wilhelm II funds the rebuilding of the town in Jugendstil style.
- February 16, 1904 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Dragon in Chinese astrology.
- February 17, 1904 – Madama Butterfly receives its première at La Scala in Milan.
- April 24, 1904 – The Lithuanian press ban is lifted after almost 40 years.
- May 9, 1904 – The steam locomotive City of Truro becomes the first steam engine in Europe to exceed 100 mph.
- May 21, 1904 – The Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) is founded in Paris.
- October 20, 1904 – Chile and Bolivia sign the Treaty of Peace and Friendship, delimiting the border between the two countries.
- October 28, 1904 – Panama and Uruguay establish diplomatic links.
- December 6, 1904 – Theodore Roosevelt articulated his “Corollary” to the Monroe Doctrine, stating that the U.S. would intervene in the Western Hemisphere should Latin American governments prove incapable or unstable.
Who Were Born On 1904?
- January 10, 1904 – Ray Bolger, American actor and dancer (d. 1987)
- February 10, 1904 – John Farrow, Australian-American director, producer, and screenwriter (d. 1963)
- March 4, 1904 – George Gamow, Ukrainian-American physicist and cosmologist (d. 1968)
- March 6, 1904 – José Antonio Aguirre, Spanish lawyer and politician, 1st President of the Basque Country (d. 1960)
- May 14, 1904 – Marcel Junod, Swiss physician and anesthesiologist (d. 1961)
- June 17, 1904 – Ralph Bellamy, American actor and singer (d. 1991)
- August 16, 1904 – Wendell Meredith Stanley, American biochemist and virologist, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1971)
- September 12, 1904 – John Courtney Murray, American priest and theologian (d. 1967)
- October 2, 1904 – Graham Greene, English author, playwright, and critic (d. 1991)
- October 25, 1904 – Cemal Reşit Rey, Turkish pianist, composer, and conductor (d. 1985)