The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2044. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Blanche’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
Historical Events Of 1904
- February 9, 1904 – Russo-Japanese War: Battle of Port Arthur concludes.
- February 16, 1904 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Dragon in Chinese astrology.
- March 3, 1904 – Kaiser Wilhelm II of Germany becomes the first person to make a sound recording of a political document, using Thomas Edison’s phonograph cylinder.
- April 10, 1904 – British mystic Aleister Crowley transcribes the third and final chapter of The Book of the Law.
- April 27, 1904 – The Australian Labor Party becomes the first such party to gain national government, under Chris Watson.
- May 4, 1904 – Charles Stewart Rolls meets Frederick Henry Royce at the Midland Hotel in Manchester, England.
- May 15, 1904 – Russo-Japanese War: The Russian minelayer Amur lays a minefield about 15 miles off Port Arthur and sinks Japan’s battleships Hatsuse, 15,000 tons, with 496 crew and Yashima.
- August 10, 1904 – Russo-Japanese War: The Battle of the Yellow Sea between the Russian and Japanese battleship fleets takes place.
- October 8, 1904 – Prince Albert, Saskatchewan is incorporated as a city.
- October 27, 1904 – The first underground New York City Subway line opens; the system becomes the biggest in United States, and one of the biggest in world.
Who Were Born On 1904?
- January 8, 1904 – Karl Brandt, German SS officer (d. 1948)
- February 24, 1904 – Isamu Kosugi, Japanese actor and director (d. 1983)
- May 12, 1904 – Eiji Nakano, Japanese actor (d. 1990)
- June 8, 1904 – Dorothy Coburn, American actress (d. 1978)
- July 5, 1904 – Milburn Stone, American actor (d. 1980)
- July 15, 1904 – Rudolf Arnheim, German-American psychologist and author (d. 2007)
- August 15, 1904 – George Klein, Canadian inventor, invented the Motorized wheelchair (d. 1992)
- September 27, 1904 – Edvard Kocbek, Slovenian poet and politician (d. 1981)
- November 22, 1904 – Fumio Niwa, Japanese author (d. 2005)
- December 7, 1904 – Konstantin Sokolsky, Russian-Latvian singer (d. 1991)