The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2029. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Historical Events Of 1906
- January 1, 1906 – British India officially adopts Indian Standard Time.
- January 12, 1906 – Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman’s cabinet (which included amongst its members H. H. Asquith, David Lloyd George, and Winston Churchill) embarks on sweeping social reforms after a Liberal landslide in the British general election.
- January 25, 1906 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Horse in Chinese astrology.
- February 18, 1906 – Édouard de Laveleye forms the Belgian Olympic Committee in Brussels.
- March 5, 1906 – Moro Rebellion: United States Army troops bring overwhelming force against the native Moros in the First Battle of Bud Dajo, leaving only six survivors.
- March 18, 1906 – Traian Vuia flies a heavier-than-air aircraft for 11 meters at an altitude of one meter.
- April 7, 1906 – The Algeciras Conference gives France and Spain control over Morocco.
- September 1, 1906 – The International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys is established.
- December 15, 1906 – The London Underground’s Great Northern, Piccadilly and Brompton Railway opens.
- December 24, 1906 – Radio: Reginald Fessenden transmits the first radio broadcast; consisting of a poetry reading, a violin solo, and a speech.
Who Were Born On 1906?
- February 4, 1906 – Clyde Tombaugh, American astronomer and academic, discovered Pluto (d. 1997)
- February 7, 1906 – Oleg Konstantinovich Antonov, Russian aircraft designer and engineer, founded the Antonov Aircraft Company (d. 1984)
- February 28, 1906 – Bugsy Siegel, American gangster (d. 1947)
- March 20, 1906 – Ozzie Nelson, American actor, singer, and bandleader (d. 1975)
- July 15, 1906 – R. S. Mugali, Indian poet and academic (d. 1993)
- July 18, 1906 – Clifford Odets, American director, playwright, and screenwriter (d. 1963)
- September 15, 1906 – Jacques Becker, French actor, director, and screenwriter (d. 1960)
- September 18, 1906 – Julio Rosales, Filipino cardinal (d. 1983)
- September 21, 1906 – Henry Beachell, American biologist and botanist (d. 2006)
- November 18, 1906 – Alec Issigonis, Greek-English car designer, designed the mini car (d. 1988)