The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2018. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1906
- January 1, 1906 – British India officially adopts Indian Standard Time.
- January 12, 1906 – Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman’s cabinet (which included amongst its members H. H. Asquith, David Lloyd George, and Winston Churchill) embarks on sweeping social reforms after a Liberal landslide in the British general election.
- January 25, 1906 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Horse in Chinese astrology.
- March 10, 1906 – The Courrières mine disaster, Europe’s worst ever, kills 1099 miners in Northern France.
- March 22, 1906 – The first England vs France rugby union match is played at Parc des Princes in Paris
- March 31, 1906 – The Intercollegiate Athletic Association of the United States (later the National Collegiate Athletic Association) is established to set rules for college sports in the United States.
- April 8, 1906 – Auguste Deter, the first person to be diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease, dies.
- April 18, 1906 – An earthquake and fire destroy much of San Francisco, California.
- June 8, 1906 – Theodore Roosevelt signs the Antiquities Act into law, authorizing the President to restrict the use of certain parcels of public land with historical or conservation value.
- September 30, 1906 – The Royal Galician Academy, Galician language’s biggest linguistic authority, starts working in Havana.
Who Were Born On 1906?
- February 5, 1906 – John Carradine, American actor and singer (d. 1988)
- February 7, 1906 – Puyi, Chinese emperor (d. 1967)
- February 13, 1906 – Agostinho da Silva, Portuguese philosopher and author (d. 1994)
- April 24, 1906 – Mimi Smith, English nurse (d. 1991)
- May 20, 1906 – Giuseppe Siri, Italian cardinal (d. 1989)
- June 19, 1906 – Ernst Boris Chain, German-Irish biochemist and academic, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1979)
- July 18, 1906 – Clifford Odets, American director, playwright, and screenwriter (d. 1963)
- August 12, 1906 – Tedd Pierce, American animator, producer, and screenwriter (d. 1972)
- October 29, 1906 – Fredric Brown, American author (d. 1972)
- November 5, 1906 – Endre Kabos, Hungarian fencer (d. 1944)