The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2020. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1908
- January 28, 1908 – Members of the Portuguese Republican Party fail in their attempted coup d'état against the administrative dictatorship of Prime Minister João Franco.
- February 1, 1908 – King Carlos I of Portugal and his son, Prince Luis Filipe, are killed in Terreiro do Paço, Lisbon.
- February 2, 1908 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Monkey in Chinese astrology.
- March 9, 1908 – Inter Milan was founded on Football Club Internazionale, following a schism from the Milan Cricket and Football Club.
- April 8, 1908 – Harvard University votes to establish the Harvard Business School.
- June 30, 1908 – The Tunguska event occurs in remote Siberia.
- July 26, 1908 – United States Attorney General Charles Joseph Bonaparte issues an order to immediately staff the Office of the Chief Examiner (later renamed the Federal Bureau of Investigation).
- August 8, 1908 – Wilbur Wright makes his first flight at a racecourse at Le Mans, France. It is the Wright Brothers’ first public flight.
- September 23, 1908 – University of Alberta in Alberta, Canada, is founded.
- October 6, 1908 – Austria-Hungary annexes Bosnia-Herzegovina, sparking a crisis.
Who Were Born On 1908?
- January 16, 1908 – Ethel Merman, American actress and singer (d. 1984)
- February 10, 1908 – Jean Coulthard, Canadian composer and educator (d. 2000)
- May 30, 1908 – Hannes Alfvén, Swedish physicist and engineer, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1995)
- July 18, 1908 – Lupe Vélez, Mexican-American actress and dancer (d. 1944)
- August 11, 1908 – Don Freeman, American author and illustrator (d. 1978)
- August 31, 1908 – William Saroyan, American author and playwright (d. 1981)
- September 25, 1908 – Jacqueline Audry, French director and screenwriter (d. 1977)
- October 15, 1908 – John Kenneth Galbraith, Canadian-American economist and diplomat, 7th United States Ambassador to India (d. 2006)
- November 28, 1908 – Michael Adekunle Ajasin, Nigerian politician, 3rd Governor of Ondo State (d. 1997)
- December 18, 1908 – Celia Johnson, English actress (d. 1982)