The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2020. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Did you know? It takes as little as 8 hours of one-on-one tutoring to improve a full letter grade, according to a nationwide poll of private tutors. Click here to search for a tutor today! More than 80,000 tutors in 300+ subjects. (Sponsored link; US only)
Historical Events Of 1908
- January 1, 1908 – For the first time, a ball is dropped in New York City’s Times Square to signify the start of the New Year at midnight.
- January 28, 1908 – Members of the Portuguese Republican Party fail in their attempted coup d'état against the administrative dictatorship of Prime Minister João Franco.
- February 2, 1908 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Monkey in Chinese astrology.
- June 18, 1908 – Japanese immigration to Brazil begins when 781 people arrive in Santos aboard the ship Kasato-Maru.
- June 30, 1908 – The Tunguska event occurs in remote Siberia.
- July 25, 1908 – Ajinomoto is founded. Kikunae Ikeda of the Tokyo Imperial University discovers that a key ingredient in kombu soup stock is monosodium glutamate (MSG), and patents a process for manufacturing it.
- July 26, 1908 – United States Attorney General Charles Joseph Bonaparte issues an order to immediately staff the Office of the Chief Examiner (later renamed the Federal Bureau of Investigation).
- September 23, 1908 – University of Alberta in Alberta, Canada, is founded.
- November 30, 1908 – A mine explosion in Marianna, Pennsylvania, kills 154.
Who Were Born On 1908?
- January 14, 1908 – Russ Columbo, American singer, violinist, and actor (d. 1934)
- March 5, 1908 – Irving Fiske, American author and playwright (d. 1990)
- April 11, 1908 – Jane Bolin, American lawyer and judge (d. 2007)
- April 20, 1908 – Lionel Hampton, American vibraphone player, pianist, bandleader, and actor (d. 2002)
- April 28, 1908 – Oskar Schindler, Czech-German businessman (d. 1974)
- August 18, 1908 – Olav H. Hauge, Norwegian poet and gardener (d. 1994)
- October 5, 1908 – Mehmet Ali Aybar, Turkish lawyer and politician (d. 1995)
- November 8, 1908 – Martha Gellhorn, American journalist and author (d. 1998)
- November 23, 1908 – Nelson S. Bond, American author and playwright (d. 2006)