The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2020. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1908
- January 28, 1908 – Members of the Portuguese Republican Party fail in their attempted coup d'état against the administrative dictatorship of Prime Minister João Franco.
- February 2, 1908 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Monkey in Chinese astrology.
- February 3, 1908 – The Panathinaikos athletic club is created
- April 11, 1908 – SMS Blücher, the last armored cruiser to be built by the Imperial German Navy, launches.
- May 20, 1908 – Budi Utomo organization is founded in Dutch East Indies, beginning the Indonesian National Awakening.
- July 26, 1908 – United States Attorney General Charles Joseph Bonaparte issues an order to immediately staff the Office of the Chief Examiner (later renamed the Federal Bureau of Investigation).
- October 1, 1908 – Ford puts the Model T car on the market at a price of US$825.
- October 14, 1908 – The Chicago Cubs defeat the Detroit Tigers, 2–0, clinching the World Series. It would be their last one to date.
- November 30, 1908 – A mine explosion in Marianna, Pennsylvania, kills 154.
- December 28, 1908 – A magnitude 7.2 earthquake rocks Messina, Sicily, Italy killing over 75,000.
Who Were Born On 1908?
- March 14, 1908 – Philip Conrad Vincent, English businessman, founded Vincent Motorcycles (d. 1979)
- April 12, 1908 – Robert Lee Scott, Jr., American pilot and general (d. 2006)
- April 28, 1908 – Ethel Catherwood, American-Canadian high jumper and javelin thrower (d. 1987)
- June 12, 1908 – Alphonse Ouimet, Canadian broadcaster (d. 1988)
- June 24, 1908 – Hugo Distler, German organist, composer, and conductor (d. 1942)
- July 12, 1908 – Alain Cuny, French actor (d. 1994)
- August 4, 1908 – Kurt Eichhorn, German conductor (d. 1994)
- September 7, 1908 – Michael E. DeBakey, American surgeon and educator (d. 2008)
- September 15, 1908 – Kid Sheik, American trumpet player (Preservation Hall Jazz Band) (d. 1996)
- December 8, 1908 – John A. Volpe, American soldier and politician, 61st Governor of Massachusetts (d. 1994)