The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2020. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1908
- January 1, 1908 – For the first time, a ball is dropped in New York City’s Times Square to signify the start of the New Year at midnight.
- January 11, 1908 – Grand Canyon National Monument is created.
- January 24, 1908 – The first Boy Scout troop is organized in England by Robert Baden-Powell.
- February 2, 1908 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Monkey in Chinese astrology.
- April 1, 1908 – The Territorial Force (renamed Territorial Army in 1920) is formed as a volunteer reserve component of the British Army.
- August 17, 1908 – Fantasmagorie, the first animated cartoon, created by Émile Cohl, is shown in Paris, France.
- September 22, 1908 – The Bulgarian Declaration of Independence is proclaimed.
- September 27, 1908 – The first production of the Ford Model T automobile was built at the Piquette Plant in Detroit.
- October 1, 1908 – Ford puts the Model T car on the market at a price of US$825.
- October 6, 1908 – Austria-Hungary annexes Bosnia-Herzegovina, sparking a crisis.
Who Were Born On 1908?
- January 27, 1908 – William Randolph Hearst, Jr., American journalist and publisher (d. 1993)
- February 1, 1908 – Louis Rasminsky, Canadian economist and banker (d. 1998)
- June 11, 1908 – Karl Hein, German hammer thrower (d. 1982)
- June 27, 1908 – Gene Venzke, American runner (d. 1992)
- September 22, 1908 – Esphyr Slobodkina, Russian-American author and illustrator (d. 2002)
- October 30, 1908 – Patsy Montana, American singer-songwriter and actress (d. 1996)
- December 11, 1908 – Hákun Djurhuus, Faroese educator and politician, 4th Prime Minister of the Faroe Islands (d. 1987)
- December 14, 1908 – Mária Szepes, Hungarian journalist, author, and screenwriter (d. 2007)
- December 22, 1908 – Giacomo Manzù, Italian sculptor and academic (d. 1991)