The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2048. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Lorraine’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
Historical Events Of 1908
- January 12, 1908 – A long-distance radio message is sent from the Eiffel Tower for the first time.
- January 21, 1908 – New York City passes the Sullivan Ordinance, making it illegal for women to smoke in public, only to have the measure vetoed by the mayor.
- January 28, 1908 – Members of the Portuguese Republican Party fail in their attempted coup d'état against the administrative dictatorship of Prime Minister João Franco.
- February 2, 1908 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Monkey in Chinese astrology.
- March 4, 1908 – The Collinwood school fire, Collinwood near Cleveland, Ohio, kills 174 people.
- April 7, 1908 – H. H. Asquith of the Liberal Party takes office as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, succeeding Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman.
- May 27, 1908 – Khilafat Day – the day of establishment of Khilafat in Islam Ahmadiyya.
- October 1, 1908 – Ford puts the Model T car on the market at a price of US$825.
- November 30, 1908 – A mine explosion in Marianna, Pennsylvania, kills 154.
- December 2, 1908 – Puyi becomes Emperor of China at the age of two.
Who Were Born On 1908?
- January 10, 1908 – Bernard Lee, English actor (d. 1981)
- January 27, 1908 – William Randolph Hearst, Jr., American journalist and publisher (d. 1993)
- February 1, 1908 – George Pal, Hungarian-American animator and producer (d. 1980)
- February 7, 1908 – Fred Gipson, American journalist and author (d. 1973)
- March 18, 1908 – Loulou Gasté, French composer (d. 1995)
- April 11, 1908 – Leo Rosten, Polish-American author and academic (d. 1997)
- June 12, 1908 – Marina Semyonova, Russian ballerina and educator (d. 2010)
- June 27, 1908 – João Guimarães Rosa, Brazilian physician and author (d. 1967)
- September 7, 1908 – Michael E. DeBakey, American surgeon and educator (d. 2008)
- October 30, 1908 – Patsy Montana, American singer-songwriter and actress (d. 1996)