The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2020. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1908
- January 13, 1908 – The Rhoads Opera House Fire in Boyertown, Pennsylvania kills 171 people.
- January 21, 1908 – New York City passes the Sullivan Ordinance, making it illegal for women to smoke in public, only to have the measure vetoed by the mayor.
- February 2, 1908 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Monkey in Chinese astrology.
- April 8, 1908 – Harvard University votes to establish the Harvard Business School.
- May 10, 1908 – Mother’s Day is observed for the first time in the United States, in Grafton, West Virginia.
- May 20, 1908 – Budi Utomo organization is founded in Dutch East Indies, beginning the Indonesian National Awakening.
- May 27, 1908 – Khilafat Day – the day of establishment of Khilafat in Islam Ahmadiyya.
- July 26, 1908 – United States Attorney General Charles Joseph Bonaparte issues an order to immediately staff the Office of the Chief Examiner (later renamed the Federal Bureau of Investigation).
- October 6, 1908 – Austria-Hungary annexes Bosnia-Herzegovina, sparking a crisis.
- October 14, 1908 – The Chicago Cubs defeat the Detroit Tigers, 2–0, clinching the World Series. It would be their last one to date.
Who Were Born On 1908?
- March 16, 1908 – Robert Rossen, American director, producer, and screenwriter (d. 1966)
- March 27, 1908 – Bernard Hügl, Croatian footballer and manager (d. 1982)
- May 30, 1908 – Mel Blanc, American voice actor and singer (d. 1989)
- June 18, 1908 – Stanley Knowles, American-Canadian academic and politician (d. 1997)
- July 12, 1908 – Alain Cuny, French actor (d. 1994)
- September 5, 1908 – Joaquín Nin-Culmell, German-American pianist and composer (d. 2004)
- September 13, 1908 – Mae Questel, American actress and singer (d. 1998)
- September 19, 1908 – Mika Waltari, Finnish author and academic (d. 1979)
- November 3, 1908 – Bronko Nagurski, Canadian-American football player, wrestler, and coach (d. 1990)
- December 23, 1908 – Yousuf Karsh, Turkish-Canadian photographer (d. 2002)