The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2021. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1909
- January 22, 1909 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Rooster in Chinese astrology.
- January 28, 1909 – United States troops leave Cuba with the exception of Guantanamo Bay Naval Base after being there since the Spanish–American War.
- February 5, 1909 – Belgian chemist Leo Baekeland announces the creation of Bakelite, the world’s first synthetic plastic.
- February 12, 1909 – New Zealand’s worst maritime disaster of the 20th century happens when the SS Penguin, an inter-island ferry, sinks and explodes at the entrance to Wellington Harbour.
- February 15, 1909 – The Flores Theater fire in Acapulco, Mexico kills 250.
- March 31, 1909 – Serbia accepts Austrian control over Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- April 6, 1909 – Robert Peary and Matthew Henson reach the North Pole.
- June 2, 1909 – Alfred Deakin becomes Prime Minister of Australia for the third time.
- June 15, 1909 – Representatives from England, Australia and South Africa meet at Lord’s and form the Imperial Cricket Conference.
- December 14, 1909 – New South Wales Premier Charles Wade signs the Seat of Government Surrender Act 1909, formally completing the transfer of State land to the Commonwealth to create the Australian Capital Territory.
Who Were Born On 1909?
- January 13, 1909 – Marinus van der Lubbe, Dutch anarchist (d. 1934)
- January 14, 1909 – Brenda Forbes, British-American actress (d. 1996)
- January 22, 1909 – U Thant, Burmese diplomat, 3rd United Nations Secretary-General (d. 1974)
- February 27, 1909 – Väinö Myllyrinne, Finnish giant (d. 1963)
- March 10, 1909 – Eric Wennström, Swedish hurdler (d. 1990)
- May 27, 1909 – Don Finlay, English hurdler and pilot (d. 1970)
- July 18, 1909 – Mohammed Daoud Khan, Afghan commander and politician, 1st President of Afghanistan (d. 1978)
- August 11, 1909 – Uku Masing, Estonian philosopher and theologian (d. 1985)
- August 14, 1909 – Stuff Smith, American violinist (d. 1967)
- October 10, 1909 – Robert F. Boyle, American production designer and art director (d. 2010)