The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2021. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Curious about this Wintergreen Mint? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Historical Events Of 1909
- January 16, 1909 – Ernest Shackleton’s expedition finds the magnetic South Pole.
- January 22, 1909 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Rooster in Chinese astrology.
- January 25, 1909 – Richard Strauss’s opera Elektra receives its debut performance at the Dresden State Opera.
- February 5, 1909 – Belgian chemist Leo Baekeland announces the creation of Bakelite, the world’s first synthetic plastic.
- February 15, 1909 – The Flores Theater fire in Acapulco, Mexico kills 250.
- February 26, 1909 – Kinemacolor, the first successful color motion picture process, is first shown to the general public at the Palace Theatre in London.
- April 6, 1909 – Robert Peary and Matthew Henson reach the North Pole.
- April 18, 1909 – Joan of Arc is beatified in Rome.
- August 30, 1909 – Burgess Shale fossils are discovered by Charles Doolittle Walcott.
- September 7, 1909 – Eugène Lefebvre crashes a new French-built Wright biplane during a test flight at Juvisy, south of Paris, becoming the first aviator in the world to lose his life in a powered heavier-than-air craft.
Who Were Born On 1909?
- January 22, 1909 – Ann Sothern, American actress and singer (d. 2001)
- February 1, 1909 – George Beverly Shea, Canadian-American singer-songwriter (d. 2013)
- February 24, 1909 – August Derleth, American anthologist and author (d. 1971)
- March 7, 1909 – Léo Malet, French author (d. 1996)
- July 26, 1909 – Peter Thorneycroft, Baron Thorneycroft, English lawyer and politician, Chancellor of the Exchequer (d. 1994)
- August 3, 1909 – Walter Van Tilburg Clark, American author and educator (d. 1971)
- August 12, 1909 – Bruce Matthews, Canadian general and businessman (d. 1991)
- August 16, 1909 – Paul Callaway, American organist and conductor (d. 1995)
- September 24, 1909 – Gerard Antoni Ciołek, Polish historian and architect (d. 1966)
- October 20, 1909 – Yasushi Sugiyama, Japanese painter (d. 1993)