The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2017. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
STOP! Are you ready to solve your biggest career problem? First, you need to find out what’s preventing you to move forward in your career. Unlock your potential for success with the Career Analysis report. Get a free sample – no obligation to buy!
Historical Events Of 1911
- January 3, 1911 – A magnitude 7.7 earthquake destroys the city of Almaty in Russian Turkestan.
- January 14, 1911 – Roald Amundsen’s South Pole expedition makes landfall on the eastern edge of the Ross Ice Shelf.
- January 21, 1911 – The first Monte Carlo Rally takes place.
- January 30, 1911 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Pig in Chinese astrology.
- May 31, 1911 – The President of Mexico Porfirio Díaz flees the country during the Mexican Revolution.
- July 4, 1911 – A massive heat wave strikes the northeastern United States, killing 380 people in eleven days and breaking temperature records in several cities.
- July 14, 1911 – Harry Atwood, an exhibition pilot for the Wright brothers lands his airplane at the South Lawn of the White House. He is later awarded a Gold medal from U.S. President William Howard Taft for this feat.
- October 24, 1911 – Orville Wright remains in the air nine minutes and 45 seconds in a Wright Glider at Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina.
- November 3, 1911 – Chevrolet officially enters the automobile market in competition with the Ford Model T.
- November 5, 1911 – After declaring war on the Ottoman Empire on September 29, 1911, Italy annexes Tripoli and Cyrenaica.
Who Were Born On 1911?
- February 6, 1911 – Ronald Reagan, American actor and politician, 40th President of the United States (d. 2004)
- February 9, 1911 – William Orlando Darby, American general (d. 1945)
- April 18, 1911 – Maurice Goldhaber, Ukrainian-American physicist and academic (d. 2011)
- May 26, 1911 – Maurice Baquet, French actor and cellist (d. 2005)
- June 2, 1911 – Joe McCluskey, American runner (d. 2002)
- July 5, 1911 – Giorgio Borġ Olivier, Maltese lawyer and politician, 7th Prime Minister of Malta (d. 1980)
- July 12, 1911 – Evald Mikson, Estonian footballer (d. 1993)
- August 6, 1911 – Constance Heaven, English author and actress (d. 1995)
- August 24, 1911 – Lofty England, English engineer and manager (d. 1995)
- December 9, 1911 – Ryūzō Sejima, Japanese colonel and businessman (d. 2007)