The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2017. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Create unlimited collages for every occasion, big or small. Share online with animation and music, or print as heartfelt decor, keepsake cards, or frame-worthy gifts. Turn photos into art with Smilebox. It’s FREE - download now! (Sponsored link)
Historical Events Of 1922
- January 7, 1922 – Dáil Éireann ratifies the Anglo-Irish Treaty by a 64–57 vote.
- January 28, 1922 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Dog in Chinese astrology.
- February 8, 1922 – United States President Warren G. Harding introduces the first radio set in the White House.
- March 10, 1922 – Mahatma Gandhi is arrested in India, tried for sedition, and sentenced to six years in prison, only to be released after nearly two years for an appendicitis operation.
- April 1, 1922 – Six Irish Catholic civilians are shot and beaten to death by a gang of policemen in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
- April 5, 1922 – The American Birth Control League, forerunner of Planned Parenthood, is incorporated.
- July 1, 1922 – The Great Railroad Strike of 1922 begins in the United States.
- October 27, 1922 – A referendum in Rhodesia rejects the country’s annexation to the South African Union.
- November 21, 1922 – Rebecca Latimer Felton of Georgia takes the oath of office, becoming the first female United States Senator.
- December 8, 1922 – Northern Ireland ceases to be part of the Irish Free State.
Who Were Born On 1922?
- January 8, 1922 – Dale D. Myers, American engineer (d. 2015)
- January 11, 1922 – Ernle Bradford, English historian and author (d. 1986)
- February 6, 1922 – Patrick Macnee, English-American actor (d. 2015)
- March 27, 1922 – Murray Olderman, American author and illustrator
- May 6, 1922 – Camille Laurin, Canadian psychiatrist and politician, 7th Deputy Premier of Quebec (d. 1999)
- June 23, 1922 – Morris R. Jeppson, American lieutenant and physicist (d. 2010)
- July 19, 1922 – George McGovern, American lieutenant, historian, and politician (d. 2012)
- August 18, 1922 – Alain Robbe-Grillet, French director, screenwriter, and novelist (d. 2008)
- October 27, 1922 – Ralph Kiner, American baseball player and sportscaster (d. 2014)
- November 6, 1922 – Frank J. Lynch, American lawyer, judge, and politician (d. 1987)