The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2017. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Create unlimited collages for every occasion, big or small. Share online with animation and music, or print as heartfelt decor, keepsake cards, or frame-worthy gifts. Turn photos into art with Smilebox. It’s FREE - download now! (Sponsored link)
Historical Events Of 1922
- January 28, 1922 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Dog in Chinese astrology.
- February 8, 1922 – United States President Warren G. Harding introduces the first radio set in the White House.
- April 24, 1922 – The first segment of the Imperial Wireless Chain providing wireless telegraphy between Leafield in Oxfordshire, England, and Cairo, Egypt, comes into operation.
- June 16, 1922 – General election in the Irish Free State: The pro-Treaty Sinn Féin win a large majority.
- July 20, 1922 – The League of Nations awards mandates of Togoland to France and Tanganyika to the United Kingdom.
- August 2, 1922 – A typhoon hits Shantou, Republic of China killing more than 50,000 people.
- September 11, 1922 – The Treaty of Kars is ratified in Yerevan, Armenia.
- October 18, 1922 – The British Broadcasting Company (later Corporation) is founded by a consortium, to establish a nationwide network of radio transmitters to provide a national broadcasting service.
- October 30, 1922 – Benito Mussolini is made Prime Minister of Italy.
- December 30, 1922 – The Union of Soviet Socialist Republics is formed.
Who Were Born On 1922?
- January 9, 1922 – Har Gobind Khorana, Indian-American biochemist and academic; Nobel laureate (d. 2011)
- February 12, 1922 – Hussein Onn, Malaysian lawyer and politician, 3rd Prime Minister of Malaysia (d. 1990)
- April 14, 1922 – Audrey Long, American-English actress (d. 2014)
- June 11, 1922 – Jean Sutherland Boggs, Peruvian-Canadian historian, academic, and civil servant (d. 2014)
- June 18, 1922 – Lois Ramsey, Australian actress
- July 13, 1922 – Anker Jørgensen, Danish union leader and politician, 16th Prime Minister of Denmark
- July 24, 1922 – Madeleine Ferron, Canadian radio host and author (d. 2010)
- September 30, 1922 – Hrishikesh Mukherjee, Indian director, producer, and screenwriter (d. 2006)
- October 15, 1922 – William Y. Thompson, American historian and author (d. 2013)
- October 19, 1922 – Jack Anderson, American journalist and author (d. 2005)