The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2018. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1923
- January 9, 1923 – Juan de la Cierva makes the first autogyro flight.
- February 16, 1923 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Pig in Chinese astrology.
- April 15, 1923 – Insulin becomes generally available for use by people with diabetes.
- April 24, 1923 – In Vienna, the paper Das Ich und das Es (The Ego and the Id) by Sigmund Freud is published, which outlines Freud’s theories of the id, ego, and super-ego.
- April 26, 1923 – The Duke of York weds Lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon at Westminster Abbey.
- June 9, 1923 – Bulgaria’s military takes over the government in a coup.
- August 16, 1923 – The United Kingdom gives the name “Ross Dependency” to part of its claimed Antarctic territory and makes the Governor-General of the Dominion of New Zealand its administrator.
- August 23, 1923 – Captain Lowell Smith and Lieutenant John P. Richter performed the first mid-air refueling on De Havilland DH-4B, setting an endurance flight record of 37 hours.
- October 13, 1923 – Ankara replaces Istanbul as the capital of Turkey.
- October 29, 1923 – Turkey becomes a republic following the dissolution of the Ottoman Empire.
Who Were Born On 1923?
- January 21, 1923 – Lola Flores, Spanish singer, dancer, and actress (d. 1995)
- February 17, 1923 – Buddy DeFranco, American clarinet player (d. 2014)
- March 23, 1923 – Angelo Ingrassia, American soldier and judge (d. 2013)
- March 25, 1923 – Wim van Est, Dutch cyclist (d. 2003)
- April 3, 1923 – Daniel Hoffman, American poet and academic (d. 2013)
- June 9, 1923 – Gerald Götting, German politician (d. 2015)
- July 26, 1923 – Jan Berenstain, American author and illustrator (d. 2012)
- August 21, 1923 – Mario Laserna Pinzón, French-Colombian educator and politician (d. 2013)
- September 23, 1923 – Vello Helk, Estonian-Danish historian and author (d. 2014)
- October 19, 1923 – Ruth Carter Stevenson, American art collector, founded the Amon Carter Museum of American Art (d. 2013)