The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2018. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1923
- February 16, 1923 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Pig in Chinese astrology.
- March 3, 1923 – TIME magazine is published for the first time.
- April 18, 1923 – Yankee Stadium, “The House that Ruth Built”, opens.
- May 13, 1923 – Robert Bellarmine, a Doctor of the Catholic Church, is beatified.
- July 13, 1923 – The Hollywood Sign is officially dedicated in the hills above Hollywood, Los Angeles, California. It originally reads “Hollywoodland ” but the four last letters are dropped after renovation in 1949.
- July 24, 1923 – The Treaty of Lausanne, settling the boundaries of modern Turkey, is signed in Switzerland by Greece, Bulgaria and other countries that fought in World War I.
- August 16, 1923 – The United Kingdom gives the name “Ross Dependency” to part of its claimed Antarctic territory and makes the Governor-General of the Dominion of New Zealand its administrator.
- October 31, 1923 – The first of 160 consecutive days of 100° Fahrenheit at Marble Bar, Western Australia.
- December 21, 1923 – United Kingdom and Nepal formally signed an agreement of friendship, called the Nepal–Britain Treaty of 1923, which superseded the Treaty of Sugauli signed in 1816.
- December 31, 1923 – The chimes of Big Ben are broadcast on radio for the first time by the BBC.
Who Were Born On 1923?
- February 23, 1923 – Miljenko Smoje, Croatian journalist and screenwriter (d. 1995)
- March 9, 1923 – Walter Kohn, Austrian-American physicist and academic, Nobel Prize laureate
- May 1, 1923 – Joseph Heller, American author and playwright (d. 1999)
- June 21, 1923 – Peter Flanigan, American banker and civil servant (d. 2013)
- July 2, 1923 – Cyril M. Kornbluth, American soldier and author (d. 1958)
- September 10, 1923 – Glen P. Robinson, American businessman, founded Scientific Atlanta (d. 2013)
- September 24, 1923 – Louis Edmonds, American actor (d. 2001)
- November 8, 1923 – Jack Kilby, American physicist and engineer, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2005)
- December 25, 1923 – René Girard, French-American historian, philosopher, and critic