The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2018. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get tips about your current relationship and how to improve it. Astrology reports to help you decide when to make yourself available for romantic or social activity. Get your love & romance reports or download free samples!
Historical Events Of 1923
- January 10, 1923 – Lithuania seizes and annexes Memel.
- February 16, 1923 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Pig in Chinese astrology.
- March 20, 1923 – The Arts Club of Chicago hosts the opening of Pablo Picasso’s first United States showing, entitled Original Drawings by Pablo Picasso, becoming an early proponent of modern art in the United States.
- April 6, 1923 – The first Prefects Board in Southeast Asia is formed in Victoria Institution, Malaysia.
- April 26, 1923 – The Duke of York weds Lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon at Westminster Abbey.
- May 26, 1923 – The first 24 Hours of Le Mans was held and has since been run annually in June.
- June 9, 1923 – Bulgaria’s military takes over the government in a coup.
- September 8, 1923 – Honda Point disaster: Nine US Navy destroyers run aground off the California coast. Seven are lost, and twenty-three sailors killed.
- September 9, 1923 – Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, the founder of the Republic of Turkey, founds the Republican People’s Party.
- December 31, 1923 – The chimes of Big Ben are broadcast on radio for the first time by the BBC.
Who Were Born On 1923?
- March 20, 1923 – Shaukat Siddiqui, Pakistani journalist, author, and activist (d. 2006)
- March 31, 1923 – François Sermon, Belgian footballer (d. 2013)
- April 8, 1923 – George Fisher, American cartoonist (d. 2003)
- April 16, 1923 – Warren Barker, American composer (d. 2006)
- April 20, 1923 – Irene Lieblich, Polish-American painter and illustrator (d. 2008)
- May 1, 1923 – Milan Kangrga, Croatian philosopher and theorist (d. 2008)
- June 12, 1923 – Monty Westmore, American make-up artist (d. 2007)
- November 9, 1923 – Elizabeth Hawley, American-Nepali journalist
- November 12, 1923 – Rubén Bonifaz Nuño, Mexican poet and scholar (d. 2013)
- December 12, 1923 – Ken Kavanagh, Australian race car driver and motorcycle racer