The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2018. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1923
- February 16, 1923 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Pig in Chinese astrology.
- May 13, 1923 – Robert Bellarmine, a Doctor of the Catholic Church, is beatified.
- June 9, 1923 – Bulgaria’s military takes over the government in a coup.
- July 13, 1923 – The Hollywood Sign is officially dedicated in the hills above Hollywood, Los Angeles, California. It originally reads “Hollywoodland ” but the four last letters are dropped after renovation in 1949.
- September 8, 1923 – Honda Point disaster: Nine US Navy destroyers run aground off the California coast. Seven are lost, and twenty-three sailors killed.
- September 9, 1923 – Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, the founder of the Republic of Turkey, founds the Republican People’s Party.
- September 12, 1923 – Southern Rhodesia, today called Zimbabwe, is annexed by the United Kingdom.
- September 26, 1923 – Gustav Stresemann resumes the Weimar Republic’s payment of reparations.
- October 29, 1923 – Turkey becomes a republic following the dissolution of the Ottoman Empire.
- December 21, 1923 – United Kingdom and Nepal formally signed an agreement of friendship, called the Nepal–Britain Treaty of 1923, which superseded the Treaty of Sugauli signed in 1816.
Who Were Born On 1923?
- January 3, 1923 – Bud Adams, American businessman (d. 2013)
- January 18, 1923 – John Graham, British Army general (d. 2012)
- January 25, 1923 – Arvid Carlsson, Swedish pharmacologist and physician; Nobel Prize laureate
- June 3, 1923 – Igor Shafarevich, Russian mathematician and theorist
- September 15, 1923 – Anton Heiller, Austrian organist, composer, and conductor (d. 1979)
- September 28, 1923 – Tuli Kupferberg, American singer, poet, and author (The Fugs) (d. 2010)
- October 5, 1923 – Glynis Johns, South African-English actress, singer, and dancer
- October 26, 1923 – Robert Hinde, English zoologist and academic
- November 8, 1923 – Jack Kilby, American physicist and engineer, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2005)
- November 12, 1923 – Ian Graham, English archaeologist and explorer