The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2036. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Did you know? It takes as little as 8 hours of one-on-one tutoring to improve a full letter grade, according to a nationwide poll of private tutors. Click here to search for a tutor today! More than 80,000 tutors in 300+ subjects. (Sponsored link; US only)
Historical Events Of 1924
- January 25, 1924 – The 1924 Winter Olympics opens in Chamonix, in the French Alps, inaugurating the Winter Olympic Games.
- February 5, 1924 – The Royal Greenwich Observatory begins broadcasting the hourly time signals known as the Greenwich Time Signal or the “BBC pips”.
- March 3, 1924 – The thirteen-century-old Islamic caliphate is abolished when Caliph Abdülmecid II of the Ottoman Empire is deposed. The last remnant of the old regime gives way to the reformed Turkey of Kemal Atatürk.
- March 16, 1924 – In accordance with the Treaty of Rome, Fiume becomes annexed as part of Italy.
- April 18, 1924 – Simon & Schuster publishes the first crossword puzzle book.
- May 8, 1924 – The Klaipėda Convention is signed formally incorporating Klaipėda Region (Memel Territory) into Lithuania.
- June 10, 1924 – Fascists kidnap and kill Italian Socialist leader Giacomo Matteotti in Rome.
- November 23, 1924 – Edwin Hubble’s scientific discovery that Andromeda, previously believed to be a nebula within our galaxy, is actually another galaxy, and that the Milky Way is only one of many such galaxies in the universe, was first published in a newspaper.citation needed date=November 2014
- December 19, 1924 – The last Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost is sold in London, England.
Who Were Born On 1924?
- February 1, 1924 – Emmanuel Scheffer, German-Israeli footballer, coach, and manager (d. 2012)
- February 3, 1924 – Martial Asselin, Canadian lawyer and politician; 25th Lieutenant Governor of Quebec (d. 2013)
- February 19, 1924 – David Bronstein, Ukrainian chess player (d. 2006)
- April 13, 1924 – Stanley Donen, American director and choreographer
- June 12, 1924 – George H. W. Bush, American lieutenant and politician, 41st President of the United States
- June 21, 1924 – Wally Fawkes, Canadian-English clarinet player and cartoonist
- August 28, 1924 – Tony MacGibbon, New Zealand cricketer and engineer (d. 2010)
- September 28, 1924 – Marcello Mastroianni, Italian-French actor and singer (d. 1996)
- October 28, 1924 – Antonio Creus, Spanish race car driver (d. 1996)
- December 23, 1924 – Bob Kurland, American basketball player and politician (d. 2013)