The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2036. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Historical Events Of 1924
- January 26, 1924 – Saint Petersburg, Russia, is renamed Leningrad.
- February 5, 1924 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Rat in Chinese astrology.
- February 12, 1924 – George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue received its premiere in a concert titled “An Experiment in Modern Music,” in Aeolian Hall, New York, by Paul Whiteman and his band, with Gershwin playing the piano.
- March 16, 1924 – In accordance with the Treaty of Rome, Fiume becomes annexed as part of Italy.
- April 1, 1924 – The Royal Canadian Air Force is formed.
- April 15, 1924 – Rand McNally publishes its first road atlas.
- May 8, 1924 – The Klaipėda Convention is signed formally incorporating Klaipėda Region (Memel Territory) into Lithuania.
- June 16, 1924 – The Whampoa Military Academy is founded.
- August 28, 1924 – The Georgian opposition stages the August Uprising against the Soviet Union.
- November 23, 1924 – Edwin Hubble’s scientific discovery that Andromeda, previously believed to be a nebula within our galaxy, is actually another galaxy, and that the Milky Way is only one of many such galaxies in the universe, was first published in a newspaper.citation needed date=November 2014
Who Were Born On 1924?
- January 20, 1924 – Yvonne Loriod, French pianist and composer (d. 2010)
- February 8, 1924 – Lisel Mueller, German-American poet and academic
- March 23, 1924 – John Madin, English architect (d. 2012)
- June 29, 1924 – Ezra Laderman, American composer and educator (d. 2015)
- August 14, 1924 – Holger Juul Hansen, Danish actor (d. 2013)
- August 31, 1924 – John Davidson, American physician and politician (d. 2012)
- September 22, 1924 – Bernard Gauthier, French cyclist
- October 9, 1924 – Immanuvel Devendrar, Indian soldier (d. 1957)
- October 15, 1924 – Mark Lenard, American actor (d. 1996)
- December 4, 1924 – John C. Portman, Jr., American architect, designed the Renaissance Center and Tomorrow Square