The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2036. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1924
- January 22, 1924 – Ramsay MacDonald becomes the first Labour Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.
- February 5, 1924 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Rat in Chinese astrology.
- February 8, 1924 – Capital punishment: The first state execution in the United States by gas chamber takes place in Nevada.
- March 16, 1924 – In accordance with the Treaty of Rome, Fiume becomes annexed as part of Italy.
- April 1, 1924 – Adolf Hitler is sentenced to five years in jail for his participation in the “Beer Hall Putsch”. However, he spends only nine months in jail, during which he writes Mein Kampf.
- June 16, 1924 – The Whampoa Military Academy is founded.
- July 24, 1924 – Archeologist Themistoklis Sofoulis becomes Prime Minister of Greece.
- August 4, 1924 – Diplomatic relations between Mexico and the Soviet Union are established.
- October 22, 1924 – Toastmasters International is founded.
- October 31, 1924 – World Savings Day is announced in Milan, Italy by the Members of the Association at the 1st International Savings Bank Congress (World Society of Savings Banks).
Who Were Born On 1924?
- January 4, 1924 – Sebastian Kappen, Indian priest and theologian (d. 1993)
- February 6, 1924 – Billy Wright, English footballer and manager (d. 1994)
- May 2, 1924 – Hugh Cortazzi, English soldier, historian, and diplomat, British Ambassador to Japan
- July 20, 1924 – Lola Albright, American actress and singer
- July 28, 1924 – C. T. Vivian, American minister, author, and activist
- September 14, 1924 – Patricia Barringer, American baseball player and accountant (d. 2007)
- October 21, 1924 – Julie Wilson, American actress and singer (d. 2015)
- November 1, 1924 – Jean-Luc Pépin, Canadian academic and politician, 19th Canadian Minister of Labour (d. 1995)
- November 28, 1924 – Dennis Brutus, South African journalist, poet, and educator (d. 2009)
- December 26, 1924 – Frank Broyles, American football player, coach, and sportscaster