The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2036. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
STOP! Are you ready to solve your biggest career problem? First, you need to find out what’s preventing you to move forward in your career. Unlock your potential for success with the Career Analysis report. Get a free sample – no obligation to buy!
Historical Events Of 1924
- January 16, 1924 – Eleftherios Venizelos becomes Prime Minister of Greece for the fourth time.
- February 5, 1924 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Rat in Chinese astrology.
- February 12, 1924 – George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue received its premiere in a concert titled “An Experiment in Modern Music,” in Aeolian Hall, New York, by Paul Whiteman and his band, with Gershwin playing the piano.
- May 10, 1924 – J. Edgar Hoover is appointed first Director of the United States’ Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), and remains so until his death in 1972.
- May 21, 1924 – University of Chicago students Richard Loeb and Nathan Leopold, Jr. murder 14-year-old Bobby Franks in a “thrill killing”.
- June 10, 1924 – Fascists kidnap and kill Italian Socialist leader Giacomo Matteotti in Rome.
- August 28, 1924 – The Georgian opposition stages the August Uprising against the Soviet Union.
- October 25, 1924 – The Zinoviev letter, which Zinoviev himself denied writing, is published in the Daily Mail. The Labour party would later blame this letter for the Conservatives’ landslide election win.
- December 19, 1924 – The last Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost is sold in London, England.
- December 24, 1924 – Albania becomes a republic.
Who Were Born On 1924?
- January 3, 1924 – Nell Rankin, American soprano (d. 2005)
- January 13, 1924 – Roland Petit, French dancer and choreographer (d. 2011)
- January 23, 1924 – Frank Lautenberg, American soldier and politician (d. 2013)
- February 5, 1924 – Duraisamy Simon Lourdusamy, Indian cardinal (d. 2014)
- March 28, 1924 – Byrd Baylor, American author
- April 24, 1924 – Clement Freud, German-English radio host, academic, and politician (d. 2009)
- May 2, 1924 – Hugh Cortazzi, English soldier, historian, and diplomat, British Ambassador to Japan
- May 22, 1924 – Charles Aznavour, French-Armenian singer-songwriter and actor
- June 12, 1924 – George H. W. Bush, American lieutenant and politician, 41st President of the United States
- December 4, 1924 – John C. Portman, Jr., American architect, designed the Renaissance Center and Tomorrow Square