The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2036. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1924
- February 5, 1924 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Rat in Chinese astrology.
- April 1, 1924 – Adolf Hitler is sentenced to five years in jail for his participation in the “Beer Hall Putsch”. However, he spends only nine months in jail, during which he writes Mein Kampf.
- April 8, 1924 – Sharia courts are abolished in Turkey, as part of Atatürk’s Reforms.
- April 18, 1924 – Simon & Schuster publishes the first crossword puzzle book.
- May 21, 1924 – University of Chicago students Richard Loeb and Nathan Leopold, Jr. murder 14-year-old Bobby Franks in a “thrill killing”.
- June 10, 1924 – Fascists kidnap and kill Italian Socialist leader Giacomo Matteotti in Rome.
- August 28, 1924 – The Georgian opposition stages the August Uprising against the Soviet Union.
- September 9, 1924 – Hanapepe massacre occurs on Kauai, Hawaii.
- October 7, 1924 – Andreas Michalakopoulos becomes Prime Minister of Greece for a short period of time.
- October 31, 1924 – World Savings Day is announced in Milan, Italy by the Members of the Association at the 1st International Savings Bank Congress (World Society of Savings Banks).
Who Were Born On 1924?
- February 6, 1924 – Billy Wright, English footballer and manager (d. 1994)
- March 19, 1924 – Mary Wimbush, English actress (d. 2005)
- June 29, 1924 – Ezra Laderman, American composer and educator (d. 2015)
- July 8, 1924 – Johnnie Johnson, American pianist and songwriter (d. 2005)
- July 29, 1924 – Robert Horton, American actor and singer
- August 29, 1924 – Dinah Washington, American singer and pianist (d. 1963)
- September 10, 1924 – Boyd K. Packer, American educator and religious leader, 26th President of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles (d. 2015)
- October 5, 1924 – Bill Dana, American actor, producer, and screenwriter
- November 30, 1924 – Shirley Chisholm, American educator and politician (d. 2005)
- December 4, 1924 – John C. Portman, Jr., American architect, designed the Renaissance Center and Tomorrow Square