The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2036. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Create unlimited collages for every occasion, big or small. Share online with animation and music, or print as heartfelt decor, keepsake cards, or frame-worthy gifts. Turn photos into art with Smilebox. It’s FREE - download now! (Sponsored link)
Historical Events Of 1924
- February 5, 1924 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Rat in Chinese astrology.
- February 14, 1924 – The Computing-Tabulating-Recording Company changes its name to International Business Machines Corporation (IBM).
- April 8, 1924 – Sharia courts are abolished in Turkey, as part of Atatürk’s Reforms.
- April 15, 1924 – Rand McNally publishes its first road atlas.
- May 10, 1924 – J. Edgar Hoover is appointed first Director of the United States’ Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), and remains so until his death in 1972.
- May 31, 1924 – The Soviet Union signs an agreement with the Beijing government, referring to Outer Mongolia as an “integral part of the Republic of China”, whose “sovereignty” therein the Soviet Union promises to respect.
- June 2, 1924 – U.S. President Calvin Coolidge signs the Indian Citizenship Act into law, granting citizenship to all Native Americans born within the territorial limits of the United States.
- June 10, 1924 – Fascists kidnap and kill Italian Socialist leader Giacomo Matteotti in Rome.
- June 26, 1924 – American occupying forces leave the Dominican Republic.
- December 24, 1924 – Albania becomes a republic.
Who Were Born On 1924?
- January 12, 1924 – Olivier Gendebien, Belgian race car driver (d. 1998)
- February 6, 1924 – Billy Wright, English footballer and manager (d. 1994)
- March 6, 1924 – Ottmar Walter, German footballer (d. 2013)
- March 22, 1924 – Osman F. Seden, Turkish director, producer, and screenwriter (d. 1998)
- April 10, 1924 – Kenneth Noland, American soldier and painter (d. 2010)
- June 4, 1924 – Tofilau Eti Alesana, Samoan politician, 5th Prime Minister of Samoa (d. 1999)
- June 29, 1924 – Ezra Laderman, American composer and educator (d. 2015)
- July 9, 1924 – Leonard Pennario, American pianist and composer (d. 2008)
- August 23, 1924 – Robert Solow, American economist and academic, Nobel Prize laureate
- November 22, 1924 – Geraldine Page, American actress and singer (d. 1987)