The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2032. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Curious about this Lavender Buttercream? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Historical Events Of 1948
- February 10, 1948 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Rat in Chinese astrology.
- February 22, 1948 – Communist revolution in Czechoslovakia.
- March 25, 1948 – The first successful tornado forecast predicts that a tornado will strike Tinker Air Force Base, Oklahoma.
- May 3, 1948 – The U.S. Supreme Court rules in Shelley v. Kraemer that covenants prohibiting the sale of real estate to blacks and other minorities are legally unenforceable.
- May 12, 1948 – Wilhelmina, Queen regnant of the Kingdom of the Netherlands cedes throne.
- June 17, 1948 – A Douglas DC-6 carrying United Airlines Flight 624 crashes near Mount Carmel, Pennsylvania, killing all 43 people on board.
- September 18, 1948 – Communist Madiun uprising in Dutch Indies.
- October 28, 1948 – Swiss chemist Paul Müller is awarded the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine for his discovery of the insecticidal properties of DDT.
- November 1, 1948 – Athenagoras I, Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople is enthroned.
- December 30, 1948 – The Cole Porter Broadway musical, Kiss Me, Kate (1,077 performances), opens at the New Century Theatre and becomes the first show to win the Best Musical Tony Award.
Who Were Born On 1948?
- February 3, 1948 – Henning Mankell, Swedish author and playwright (d. 2015)
- March 8, 1948 – Robert W. Boyd, American Physicist
- April 1, 1948 – Paul Myners, Baron Myners, English journalist and politician
- July 21, 1948 – Cat Stevens, English singer-songwriter and guitarist
- September 12, 1948 – Luis Lima, Argentinian tenor
- October 10, 1948 – Sue Campbell, Baroness Campbell of Loughborough, English academic and businesswoman
- October 25, 1948 – Diana Burrell, English viola player and composer
- December 3, 1948 – Ozzy Osbourne, English-American singer-songwriter and actor (Black Sabbath)
- December 10, 1948 – Jessica Cleaves, American singer (The Friends of Distinction and Earth, Wind & Fire) (d. 2014)
- December 22, 1948 – Martin Yan, Chinese chef and author