The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2032. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Historical Events Of 1948
- January 1, 1948 – The Constitution of Italy comes into force.
- February 8, 1948 – The formal creation of the Korean People’s Army of North Korea is announced.
- February 10, 1948 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Rat in Chinese astrology.
- April 9, 1948 – Jorge Eliécer Gaitán’s assassination provokes a violent riot in Bogotá (the Bogotazo), and a further ten years of violence in Colombia known as La violencia.
- April 13, 1948 – The Hadassah medical convoy massacre: In an ambush, 79 Jewish doctors, nurses and medical students from Hadassah Hospital and a British soldier are massacred by Arabs in Sheikh Jarra near Jerusalem.
- May 9, 1948 – Czechoslovakia’s Ninth-of-May Constitution comes into effect.
- June 26, 1948 – The Western allies begin an airlift to Berlin after the Soviet Union blockades West Berlin.
- August 15, 1948 – The Republic of Korea is established south of the 38th parallel north.
- September 17, 1948 – The Lehi (also known as the Stern gang) assassinates Count Folke Bernadotte, who was appointed by the United Nations to mediate between the Arab nations and Israel.
- December 26, 1948 – Cardinal József Mindszenty is arrested in Hungary and accused of treason and conspiracy.
Who Were Born On 1948?
- February 2, 1948 – Ina Garten, American chef and author
- March 15, 1948 – Gavin Stamp, English historian and author
- March 18, 1948 – Brian Lloyd, Welsh footballer
- April 14, 1948 – Berry Berenson, American model, actress, and photographer (d. 2001)
- April 22, 1948 – John Pritchard, English bishop
- April 30, 1948 – Perry King, American actor
- May 25, 1948 – Klaus Meine, German singer-songwriter and guitarist (Scorpions)
- June 21, 1948 – Ian McEwan, English author and screenwriter
- August 5, 1948 – Barbara Flynn, English actress