The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2032. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Wyatt’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
Historical Events Of 1948
- February 10, 1948 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Rat in Chinese astrology.
- March 20, 1948 – With a Musicians Union ban lifted, the first telecasts of classical music in the United States, under Eugene Ormandy and Arturo Toscanini, are given on CBS and NBC.
- April 13, 1948 – The Hadassah medical convoy massacre: In an ambush, 79 Jewish doctors, nurses and medical students from Hadassah Hospital and a British soldier are massacred by Arabs in Sheikh Jarra near Jerusalem.
- April 22, 1948 – Arab–Israeli War: Haifa, a major port of Israel, is captured from Arab forces.
- June 16, 1948 – Members of the Malayan Communist Party kill three British plantation managers in Sungai Siput; in response, British Malaya declares a state of emergency.
- June 26, 1948 – William Shockley files the original patent for the grown-junction transistor, the first bipolar junction transistor.
- June 28, 1948 – Boxer Dick Turpin beats Vince Hawkins at Villa Park in Birmingham to become the first black British boxing champion in the modern era.
- July 28, 1948 – The Metropolitan Police Flying Squad foils a bullion robbery in the “Battle of London Airport”.
- September 18, 1948 – Margaret Chase Smith of Maine becomes the first woman elected to the United States Senate without completing another senator’s term, when she defeats Democratic opponent Adrian Scolten.
- October 28, 1948 – Swiss chemist Paul Müller is awarded the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine for his discovery of the insecticidal properties of DDT.
Who Were Born On 1948?
- February 2, 1948 – Ina Garten, American chef and author
- May 16, 1948 – Staf Van Roosbroeck, Belgian cyclist
- August 2, 1948 – Andy Fairweather Low, Welsh singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer (Fair Weather and Amen Corner)
- August 28, 1948 – Vonda N. McIntyre, American author
- September 10, 1948 – Bob Lanier, American basketball player and coach
- September 12, 1948 – Max Walker, Australian cricketer, sportscaster, and architect
- September 19, 1948 – Mihai Timofti, Moldovan actor, director, and composer
- October 20, 1948 – Melih Gökçek, Turkish journalist and politician, Mayor of Ankara
- November 9, 1948 – Michel Pagliaro, Canadian singer-songwriter and guitarist
- November 29, 1948 – David Rintoul, Scottish actor