The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2032. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Historical Events Of 1948
- January 21, 1948 – The Flag of Quebec is adopted and flown for the first time over the National Assembly of Quebec. The day is marked annually as Québec Flag Day.
- February 10, 1948 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Rat in Chinese astrology.
- February 21, 1948 – NASCAR is incorporated.
- April 9, 1948 – Fighters from the Irgun and Lehi Zionist paramilitary groups attacked Deir Yassin near Jerusalem, killing over 100.
- May 10, 1948 – The Republic of China implements “temporary provisions” granting President Chiang Kai-shek extended powers to deal with the Communist uprising; they will remain in effect until 1991.
- June 17, 1948 – A Douglas DC-6 carrying United Airlines Flight 624 crashes near Mount Carmel, Pennsylvania, killing all 43 people on board.
- July 17, 1948 – The South Korean constitution is proclaimed.
- August 23, 1948 – World Council of Churches is formed.
- December 1, 1948 – Taman Shud Case: The body of an unidentified man is found in Adelaide, Australia, involving an undetectable poison and a secret code in a very rare book; the case remains unsolved and is “one of Australia’s most profound mysteries.”
- December 30, 1948 – The Cole Porter Broadway musical, Kiss Me, Kate (1,077 performances), opens at the New Century Theatre and becomes the first show to win the Best Musical Tony Award.
Who Were Born On 1948?
- March 6, 1948 – Anna Maria Horsford, American actress, director, and producer
- March 15, 1948 – Sérgio Vieira de Mello, Brazilian diplomat (d. 2003)
- March 26, 1948 – Richard Tandy, English keyboard player (Electric Light Orchestra)
- June 27, 1948 – Camile Baudoin, American guitarist (The Radiators)
- August 10, 1948 – Nick Stringer, English actor
- August 11, 1948 – Jan Palach, Czech activist (d. 1969)
- August 18, 1948 – Joseph Marcell, St. Lucian-English actor
- August 28, 1948 – Vonda N. McIntyre, American author
- October 25, 1948 – Dan Gable, American wrestler and coach
- November 16, 1948 – Bonnie Greer, American-English playwright and critic