The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2032. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1948
- February 10, 1948 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Rat in Chinese astrology.
- February 28, 1948 – Christiansborg Cross-Roads shooting in the Gold Coast, when a British police officer opens fire on a march of ex-servicemen, killing three of them and sparking major riots in Accra.
- April 22, 1948 – Arab–Israeli War: Haifa, a major port of Israel, is captured from Arab forces.
- May 29, 1948 – Creation of the United Nations peacekeeping force the United Nations Truce Supervision Organization.
- July 1, 1948 – Muhammad Ali Jinnah (Quaid-i-Azam) inaugurates Pakistan’s central bank, the State Bank of Pakistan.
- August 3, 1948 – Whittaker Chambers accuses Alger Hiss of being a communist and a spy for the Soviet Union.
- August 12, 1948 – USS Nevada is struck from the naval record.
- August 23, 1948 – World Council of Churches is formed.
- November 6, 1948 – Deputy commander-in-chief of the Eastern China Field Army General Su Yu launches a massive offensive toward Xuzhou, defended by seven different armies under the Suppression General Headquarter of Xuzhou Garrison, the Huaihai Campaign. The largest operational campaign of the Chinese Civil War begins.
- December 30, 1948 – The Cole Porter Broadway musical, Kiss Me, Kate (1,077 performances), opens at the New Century Theatre and becomes the first show to win the Best Musical Tony Award.
Who Were Born On 1948?
- January 10, 1948 – David Neuberger, Baron Neuberger of Abbotsbury, English lawyer and judge
- February 11, 1948 – Yoshihito, Prince Katsura of Japan (d. 2014)
- April 28, 1948 – Dorothée Berryman, Canadian actress and singer
- May 21, 1948 – Jacqueline Davies, English lawyer and judge
- August 11, 1948 – Jan Palach, Czech activist (d. 1969)
- August 19, 1948 – Christy O'Connor Jnr, Irish golfer and architect
- September 1, 1948 – Józef Życiński, Polish archbishop and philosopher (d. 2011)
- November 11, 1948 – Vincent Schiavelli, American actor (d. 2005)
- November 15, 1948 – Teodoro Locsin, Jr., Filipino politician, lawyer, and journalist
- November 20, 1948 – John R. Bolton, American lawyer and diplomat, 25th United States Ambassador to the United Nations