The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2022. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Katelyn’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
Historical Events Of 1949
- January 11, 1949 – A record-setting snowstorm hits Los Angeles, California.
- January 20, 1949 – Point Four Program a program for economic aid to poor countries announced by United States President Harry S. Truman in his inaugural address for a full term as President.
- January 29, 1949 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Ox in Chinese astrology.
- February 14, 1949 – The Asbestos Strike begins in Canada. The strike marks the beginning of the Quiet Revolution in Quebec.
- May 6, 1949 – EDSAC, the first practical electronic digital stored-program computer, runs its first operation.
- May 23, 1949 – The Federal Republic of Germany is established and the Basic Law for the Federal Republic of Germany is proclaimed.
- July 21, 1949 – The United States Senate ratifies the North Atlantic Treaty.
- September 6, 1949 – Allied military authorities relinquish control of former Nazi Germany assets back to German control.
- September 27, 1949 – The first Plenary Session of the National People’s Congress approves the design of the Flag of the People’s Republic of China.
- December 7, 1949 – Chinese Civil War: The Government of the Republic of China moves from Nanking to Taipei, Taiwan.
Who Were Born On 1949?
- January 11, 1949 – Daryl Braithwaite, Australian singer-songwriter
- March 9, 1949 – Neil Hamilton, Welsh lawyer and politician
- March 17, 1949 – Pat Rice, Irish footballer and coach
- March 29, 1949 – Michael Brecker, American saxophonist and composer (Steps Ahead and Parliament-Funkadelic) (d. 2007)
- April 8, 1949 – John Scott, English sociologist and academic
- April 21, 1949 – Patti LuPone, American actress and singer
- May 26, 1949 – Philip Michael Thomas, American actor and singer
- May 31, 1949 – Tom Berenger, American actor
- August 26, 1949 – Allahshukur Pashazadeh, Azerbaijani cleric
- September 22, 1949 – Jim McGinty, Australian lawyer and politician, Attorney-General of Western Australia