The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2022. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Curious about this Rose Lychee? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Historical Events Of 1949
- January 1, 1949 – Tokelau becomes part of New Zealand.
- January 5, 1949 – United States President Harry S. Truman unveils his Fair Deal program.
- January 29, 1949 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Ox in Chinese astrology.
- May 11, 1949 – Siam officially changes its name to Thailand for the second time. The name had been in use since 1939 but was reverted in 1945.
- May 12, 1949 – The Soviet Union lifts its blockade of Berlin.
- May 23, 1949 – The Federal Republic of Germany is established and the Basic Law for the Federal Republic of Germany is proclaimed.
- June 8, 1949 – George Orwell’s Nineteen Eighty-Four is published.
- June 25, 1949 – Long-Haired Hare, starring Bugs Bunny, is released in theaters.
- August 10, 1949 – U.S. President Harry S. Truman signs the National Security Act Amendment, streamlining the defense agencies of the United States government, and replacing the Department of War with the United States Department of Defense.
- September 17, 1949 – The Canadian steamship SS Noronic burns in Toronto Harbour with the loss of over 118 lives.
Who Were Born On 1949?
- February 12, 1949 – Pierre-Hugues Boisvenu, Canadian politician
- February 27, 1949 – Robert Paterson, English bishop
- April 18, 1949 – Geoff Bodine, American race car driver
- May 13, 1949 – Jane Glover, English conductor and scholar
- August 11, 1949 – Tim Hutchinson, American lawyer and politician
- September 4, 1949 – Tom Watson, American golfer and sportscaster
- November 26, 1949 – Vincent A. Mahler, American political scientist and academic
- December 16, 1949 – Heather Hallett, English lawyer and judge
- December 17, 1949 – Sotiris Kaiafas, Cypriot footballer
- December 25, 1949 – Sissy Spacek, American actress and singer