The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2033. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Hunter’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
Historical Events Of 1949
- January 1, 1949 – Tokelau becomes part of New Zealand.
- January 5, 1949 – United States President Harry S. Truman unveils his Fair Deal program.
- January 17, 1949 – The Goldbergs, the first sitcom on American television, airs for the first time.
- January 29, 1949 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Ox in Chinese astrology.
- March 2, 1949 – The first automatic street light is installed in New Milford, Connecticut.
- July 20, 1949 – Israel and Syria sign a truce to end their nineteen-month war.
- July 21, 1949 – The United States Senate ratifies the North Atlantic Treaty.
- August 22, 1949 – Queen Charlotte earthquake: Canada’s largest earthquake since the 1700 Cascadia earthquake
- September 29, 1949 – The Communist Party of China writes the Common Programme for the future People’s Republic of China.
- December 29, 1949 – KC2XAK of Bridgeport, Connecticut becomes the first Ultra high frequency (UHF) television station to operate a daily schedule.
Who Were Born On 1949?
- January 22, 1949 – Steve Perry, American singer-songwriter and producer (Journey)
- June 21, 1949 – Derek Emslie, Lord Kingarth, Scottish lawyer and judge
- July 27, 1949 – Rory MacDonald, Scottish singer-songwriter and bass player (Runrig and The Band from Rockall)
- August 15, 1949 – Edward McMillan-Scott, English lawyer and politician
- August 17, 1949 – Norm Coleman, American lawyer and politician, 52nd Mayor of St. Paul
- October 12, 1949 – Nigel Thrift, English geographer and academic
- October 24, 1949 – Chester Marcol, American football player
- October 29, 1949 – David Paton, Scottish guitarist (The Alan Parsons Project and Bay City Rollers)
- November 25, 1949 – Kerry O'Keeffe, Australian cricketer and sportscaster
- December 31, 1949 – Ellen Datlow, American anthologist and author