The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2022. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Did you know? It takes as little as 8 hours of one-on-one tutoring to improve a full letter grade, according to a nationwide poll of private tutors. Click here to search for a tutor today! More than 80,000 tutors in 300+ subjects. (Sponsored link; US only)
Historical Events Of 1949
- January 25, 1949 – At the Hollywood Athletic Club the first Emmy Awards are presented.
- January 29, 1949 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Ox in Chinese astrology.
- April 1, 1949 – The 26 counties of the Irish Free State become Ireland.
- April 5, 1949 – Fireside Theater debuts on television.
- June 5, 1949 – Thailand elects Orapin Chaiyakan, the first female member of Thailand’s Parliament.
- July 20, 1949 – Israel and Syria sign a truce to end their nineteen-month war.
- August 31, 1949 – The retreat of the Democratic Army of Greece in Albania after its defeat on Gramos mountain marks the end of the Greek Civil War.
- October 24, 1949 – The cornerstone of the United Nations Headquarters is laid.
- December 8, 1949 – The United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East is established to provide aid to Palestinian refugees who left their homes during the 1948 Palestinian exodus.
- December 13, 1949 – The Knesset votes to move the capital of Israel to Jerusalem.
Who Were Born On 1949?
- February 26, 1949 – Elizabeth George, American author and educator
- March 16, 1949 – Joseph Pilato, American actor
- April 23, 1949 – Joyce DeWitt, American actress
- May 8, 1949 – David Vines, Australian economist and academic
- May 14, 1949 – Klaus-Peter Thaler, German cyclist
- May 21, 1949 – Andrew Neil, Scottish journalist and academic
- May 24, 1949 – Jim Broadbent, English actor and screenwriter
- September 27, 1949 – Mike Schmidt, American baseball player and coach
- October 13, 1949 – Rick Vito, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Fleetwood Mac)
- December 1, 1949 – Jake Hartford, American radio host (d. 2013)