The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2022. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1949
- January 29, 1949 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Ox in Chinese astrology.
- February 8, 1949 – Cardinal Mindszenty of Hungary is sentenced for treason.
- February 17, 1949 – Chaim Weizmann begins his term as the first President of Israel.
- May 5, 1949 – The Treaty of London establishes the Council of Europe in Strasbourg as the first European institution working for European integration.
- May 12, 1949 – The Soviet Union lifts its blockade of Berlin.
- July 21, 1949 – The United States Senate ratifies the North Atlantic Treaty.
- August 10, 1949 – U.S. President Harry S. Truman signs the National Security Act Amendment, streamlining the defense agencies of the United States government, and replacing the Department of War with the United States Department of Defense.
- September 17, 1949 – The Canadian steamship SS Noronic burns in Toronto Harbour with the loss of over 118 lives.
- October 16, 1949 – Nikos Zachariadis, leader of the Communist Party of Greece, announces a “temporary cease-fire”, effectively ending the Greek Civil War.
- October 28, 1949 – An Air France Lockheed Constellation crashes in the Azores killing all people on board, including the French former middleweight world champion boxer Marcel Cerdan and French violinist Ginette Neveu
Who Were Born On 1949?
- February 10, 1949 – Harold Sylvester, American actor, director, producer, and screenwriter
- April 13, 1949 – Christopher Hitchens, English-American journalist and author (d. 2011)
- April 19, 1949 – Paloma Picasso, French-Spanish fashion designer
- May 29, 1949 – Francis Rossi, English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Status Quo)
- May 30, 1949 – Bob Willis, English cricketer and sportscaster
- June 8, 1949 – Hildegard Falck, German runner
- July 12, 1949 – Rick Hendrick, American businessman, founded Hendrick Motorsports
- August 17, 1949 – Sue Draheim, American fiddler and composer (d. 2013)
- October 13, 1949 – Rick Vito, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Fleetwood Mac)
- October 26, 1949 – Antonio Carpio, Filipino lawyer and jurist, Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of the Philippines