The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2023. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1950
- January 14, 1950 – The first prototype of the MiG-17 makes its maiden flight.
- February 17, 1950 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Tiger in Chinese astrology.
- April 19, 1950 – Argentina becomes a signatory to the Buenos Aires copyright treaty.
- July 5, 1950 – Zionism: The Knesset passes the Law of Return which grants all Jews the right to immigrate to Israel.
- July 31, 1950 – United Nations Security Council Resolution 85 relating to Korean War is adopted.
- August 18, 1950 – Julien Lahaut, the chairman of the Communist Party of Belgium is assassinated by far-right elements.
- October 19, 1950 – The People’s Liberation Army takes control of the town of Chamdo; this is sometimes called the “Invasion of Tibet”.
- November 1, 1950 – Puerto Rican nationalists Griselio Torresola and Oscar Collazo attempt to assassinate US President Harry S. Truman at Blair House.
- November 21, 1950 – Two Canadian National Railway trains collide in northeastern British Columbia in the Canoe River train crash; the death toll is 21, with 17 of them Canadian troops bound for Korea.
- December 12, 1950 – Paula Ackerman, the first woman appointed to perform rabbinical functions in the United States, leads the congregation in her first services.
Who Were Born On 1950?
- January 23, 1950 – Richard Dean Anderson, American actor, producer, and composer
- June 28, 1950 – David Lanz, American pianist
- July 29, 1950 – Mike Starr, American actor and singer
- July 31, 1950 – Lane Davies, American actor
- October 5, 1950 – Jeff Conaway, American actor and singer (d. 2011)
- October 11, 1950 – Patty Murray, American educator and politician
- November 24, 1950 – Stanley Livingston, American actor, director, producer, and screenwriter
- December 6, 1950 – Joe Hisaishi, Japanese pianist, composer, and conductor
- December 12, 1950 – Billy Smith, Canadian ice hockey player, coach, and manager
- December 21, 1950 – David Thacker, English director and screenwriter