The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2017. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
STOP! Are you ready to solve your biggest career problem? First, you need to find out what’s preventing you to move forward in your career. Unlock your potential for success with the Career Analysis report. Get a free sample – no obligation to buy!
Historical Events Of 1950
- January 31, 1950 – United States President Harry S. Truman announces a program to develop the hydrogen bomb.
- February 17, 1950 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Tiger in Chinese astrology.
- June 25, 1950 – The Korean War begins with the invasion of South Korea by North Korea.
- July 31, 1950 – United Nations Security Council Resolution 85 relating to Korean War is adopted.
- August 17, 1950 – Hill 303 massacre: American POWs are shot to death by the North Korean Army.
- August 20, 1950 – Korean War: United Nations repel an offensive by North Korean divisions attempting to cross the Nakdong River and assault the city of Taegu.
- September 24, 1950 – Forest fires black out the sun over portions of Canada and New England. A blue moon is seen as far away as Europe.
- September 26, 1950 – United Nations troops recapture Seoul from North Korean forces.
- October 11, 1950 – Television: CBS’s mechanical color system is the first to be licensed for broadcast by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission.
- November 5, 1950 – Korean War: British and Australian forces from the 27th British Commonwealth Brigade successfully halted the advancing Chinese 117th Division during the Battle of Pakchon.
Who Were Born On 1950?
- January 5, 1950 – Peter Goldsmith, Baron Goldsmith, English lawyer and politician; Attorney General for England and Wales
- February 7, 1950 – Karen Joy Fowler, American author
- February 12, 1950 – Angelo Branduardi, Italian singer-songwriter and guitarist
- February 13, 1950 – Vera Baird, English lawyer and politician
- March 20, 1950 – Carl Palmer, English drummer and songwriter (Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Asia, and Atomic Rooster)
- April 7, 1950 – Brian J. Doyle, American press secretary
- May 22, 1950 – Alekos Alavanos, Greek lawyer and politician
- September 1, 1950 – Mikhail Fradkov, Russian politician, 36th Prime Minister of Russia
- October 23, 1950 – Maths O. Sundqvist, Swedish businessman (d. 2012)
- December 31, 1950 – Phil Blakeway, Welsh-English rugby player