The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2023. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters AMUUPGLGAI? Check your answers here: Word search AMUUPGLGAI. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
Historical Events Of 1950
- January 31, 1950 – United States President Harry S. Truman announces a program to develop the hydrogen bomb.
- February 8, 1950 – The Stasi, the secret police of East Germany, is established.
- February 14, 1950 – Chinese Civil War: The National Revolutionary Army instigates the unsuccessful Battle of Tianquan against the People’s Liberation Army.
- February 17, 1950 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Tiger in Chinese astrology.
- April 27, 1950 – Apartheid: In South Africa, the Group Areas Act is passed formally segregating races.
- June 25, 1950 – The Korean War begins with the invasion of South Korea by North Korea.
- June 28, 1950 – Korean War: Seoul is captured by North Korean troops.
- July 20, 1950 – Cold War: In Philadelphia, Harry Gold pleads guilty to spying for the Soviet Union by passing secrets from atomic scientist Klaus Fuchs.
- August 22, 1950 – Althea Gibson becomes the first black competitor in international tennis.
- September 24, 1950 – Forest fires black out the sun over portions of Canada and New England. A blue moon is seen as far away as Europe.
Who Were Born On 1950?
- January 29, 1950 – Ann Jillian, American actress and singer
- February 22, 1950 – Miou-Miou, French actress
- March 19, 1950 – James Redfield, American author, screenwriter, and producer
- April 5, 1950 – Ann C. Crispin, American author (d. 2013)
- July 19, 1950 – Adrian Noble, English director and screenwriter
- September 9, 1950 – Gogi Alauddin, Pakistani squash player and coach
- September 18, 1950 – Chris Heister, Swedish politician, Governor of Stockholm County
- December 19, 1950 – Eleanor J. Hill, American lawyer and diplomat
- December 24, 1950 – Hiroshi Ikushima, Japanese announcer and businessman