The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2023. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1950
- February 14, 1950 – Chinese Civil War: The National Revolutionary Army instigates the unsuccessful Battle of Tianquan against the People’s Liberation Army.
- February 17, 1950 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Tiger in Chinese astrology.
- June 25, 1950 – The Korean War begins with the invasion of South Korea by North Korea.
- June 27, 1950 – The United States decides to send troops to fight in the Korean War.
- September 4, 1950 – Darlington Raceway is the site of the inaugural Southern 500, the first 500-mile NASCAR race.
- September 11, 1950 – Korean War: President Harry S. Truman approved military operations north of the 38sup th parallel.
- October 2, 1950 – Peanuts by Charles M. Schulz is first published.
- October 3, 1950 – Korean War: The First Battle of Maryang San, primarily pitting Australian and British forces against communist China, begins.
- October 30, 1950 – Pope Pius XII witnesses the “Miracle of the Sun” while at the Vatican.
- December 17, 1950 – The F-86 Sabre’s first mission over Korea.
Who Were Born On 1950?
- January 12, 1950 – Dorrit Moussaieff, Israeli-Icelandic jewelry designer and businesswoman; 5th First Lady of Iceland
- February 25, 1950 – Néstor Kirchner, Argentinian lawyer and politician, 51st President of Argentina (d. 2010)
- March 4, 1950 – Ofelia Medina, Mexican actress and screenwriter
- March 17, 1950 – Mehmet Ali İrtemçelik, Turkish diplomat
- May 9, 1950 – James Butts, American triple jumper
- May 16, 1950 – Georg Bednorz, German physicist and academic, Nobel Prize laureate
- May 28, 1950 – Ian Bradley, English minister, author, and academic
- June 15, 1950 – Juliana Azumah-Mensah, Ghanaian nurse and politician
- July 16, 1950 – Frances Spalding, English historian and academic
- October 28, 1950 – Sihem Bensedrine, Tunisian journalist and activist