The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2023. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1950
- January 17, 1950 – The Great Brink’s Robbery: Eleven thieves steal more than 2 million from an armored car company’s offices in Boston.
- February 14, 1950 – Chinese Civil War: The National Revolutionary Army instigates the unsuccessful Battle of Tianquan against the People’s Liberation Army.
- February 17, 1950 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Tiger in Chinese astrology.
- March 12, 1950 – The Llandow air disaster occurs near Sigingstone, Wales, in which 80 people die when their aircraft crashed, making it the world’s deadliest air disaster at the time.
- May 5, 1950 – Bhumibol Adulyadej is crowned King Rama IX of Thailand.
- June 28, 1950 – Korean War: Seoul is captured by North Korean troops.
- July 31, 1950 – United Nations Security Council Resolution 85 relating to Korean War is adopted.
- September 4, 1950 – Darlington Raceway is the site of the inaugural Southern 500, the first 500-mile NASCAR race.
- October 2, 1950 – Peanuts by Charles M. Schulz is first published.
- November 19, 1950 – US General Dwight D. Eisenhower becomes Supreme Commander of NATO-Europe.
Who Were Born On 1950?
- March 13, 1950 – Charles Krauthammer, American physician, journalist, and author
- March 23, 1950 – Phil Lanzon, English keyboard player and songwriter (Uriah Heep)
- April 1, 1950 – Daniel Paillé, Canadian academic and politician
- April 2, 1950 – Lynn Westmoreland, American politician
- July 20, 1950 – Naseeruddin Shah, Indian actor and director
- July 30, 1950 – Frank Stallone, American singer-songwriter, guitarist, and actor
- August 6, 1950 – Dorian Harewood, American actor and singer
- August 18, 1950 – Dennis Elliott, English drummer and sculptor (Foreigner and If)
- September 13, 1950 – Jeff Lowe, American mountaineer
- December 30, 1950 – Lewis Shiner, American journalist and author