The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2017. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Create unlimited collages for every occasion, big or small. Share online with animation and music, or print as heartfelt decor, keepsake cards, or frame-worthy gifts. Turn photos into art with Smilebox. It’s FREE - download now! (Sponsored link)
Historical Events Of 1950
- January 23, 1950 – The Knesset passes a resolution that states Jerusalem is the capital of Israel.
- February 17, 1950 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Tiger in Chinese astrology.
- May 13, 1950 – The first round of the Formula One World Championship is held at Silverstone.
- July 2, 1950 – The Golden Pavilion at Kinkaku-ji in Kyoto, Japan burns down.
- July 14, 1950 – Korean War: North Korean troops initiate the Battle of Taejon.
- August 24, 1950 – Edith Sampson becomes the first black U.S. delegate to the United Nations.
- September 4, 1950 – Darlington Raceway is the site of the inaugural Southern 500, the first 500-mile NASCAR race.
- October 19, 1950 – The People’s Liberation Army takes control of the town of Chamdo; this is sometimes called the “Invasion of Tibet”.
- October 30, 1950 – Pope Pius XII witnesses the “Miracle of the Sun” while at the Vatican.
- November 8, 1950 – Korean War: United States Air Force Lt. Russell J. Brown, while piloting an F-80 Shooting Star, shoots down two North Korean MiG-15s in the first jet aircraft-to-jet aircraft dogfight in history.
Who Were Born On 1950?
- January 10, 1950 – Roy Blunt, American academic and politician
- February 28, 1950 – Futatsuryū Jun'ichi, Japanese sumo wrestler and coach (d. 2014)
- July 4, 1950 – David Jensen, Canadian-English radio and television host
- July 5, 1950 – Michael Monarch, American guitarist, songwriter, and producer (Steppenwolf, Detective, and World Classic Rockers)
- July 6, 1950 – Geraldine James, English actress
- September 7, 1950 – Johann Friedrich, German-Australian engineer (d. 1991)
- November 28, 1950 – Russell Alan Hulse, American physicist and astronomer, Nobel Prize laureate
- November 30, 1950 – Tom Durkin, American sportscaster
- December 5, 1950 – Camarón de la Isla, Spanish singer and guitarist (d. 1992)
- December 28, 1950 – Øivind Blunck, Norwegian actor and singer