The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2023. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1950
- January 6, 1950 – The United Kingdom recognizes the People’s Republic of China. The Republic of China severs diplomatic relations with the UK in response.
- January 14, 1950 – The first prototype of the MiG-17 makes its maiden flight.
- February 8, 1950 – The Stasi, the secret police of East Germany, is established.
- February 17, 1950 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Tiger in Chinese astrology.
- June 3, 1950 – The first successful ascent of an Eight-thousander; the summit of Annapurna is reached by Maurice Herzog and Louis Lachenal.
- July 16, 1950 – Chaplain–Medic massacre: American POWs were massacred by North Korean Army.
- September 26, 1950 – Indonesia is admitted to the United Nations.
- September 28, 1950 – Indonesia joins the United Nations.
- October 19, 1950 – The People’s Liberation Army takes control of the town of Chamdo; this is sometimes called the “Invasion of Tibet”.
- November 5, 1950 – Korean War: British and Australian forces from the 27th British Commonwealth Brigade successfully halted the advancing Chinese 117th Division during the Battle of Pakchon.
Who Were Born On 1950?
- January 3, 1950 – Victoria Principal, American actress and producer
- February 20, 1950 – Walter Becker, American singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer (Steely Dan)
- March 18, 1950 – Larry Perkins, Australian race car driver
- March 26, 1950 – Teddy Pendergrass, American singer-songwriter (Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes) (d. 2010)
- March 30, 1950 – Warren Snowdon, Australian educator and politician, 39th Australian Minister for Veterans’ Affairs
- June 4, 1950 – Kevin Woodford, Manx chef and actor
- June 20, 1950 – Nouri al-Maliki, Iraqi politician, 76th Prime Minister of Iraq
- June 24, 1950 – Jan Kulczyk, Polish businessman (d. 2015)
- August 24, 1950 – John Banaszak, American football player and coach
- September 27, 1950 – Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa, Japanese-American actor and martial artist