The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2023. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1950
- January 21, 1950 – American lawyer and government official Alger Hiss is convicted of perjury.
- February 17, 1950 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Tiger in Chinese astrology.
- April 27, 1950 – Apartheid: In South Africa, the Group Areas Act is passed formally segregating races.
- May 5, 1950 – Bhumibol Adulyadej is crowned King Rama IX of Thailand.
- June 28, 1950 – Korean War: North Korean Army conducts Seoul National University Hospital Massacre.
- July 29, 1950 – Korean War: After four days, the No Gun Ri Massacre ends when the US Army 7th Cavalry Regiment is withdrawn.
- August 12, 1950 – Korean War: Bloody Gulch massacre—American POWs are massacred by North Korean Army.
- November 24, 1950 – The “Storm of the Century”, a violent snowstorm, takes shape on this date before paralyzing the northeastern United States and the Appalachians the next day, bringing winds up to 100 mph and sub-zero temperatures. Pickens, West Virginia, records 57 inches of snow. Three hundred fifty-three people would die as a result of the storm.
- November 26, 1950 – Korean War: Troops from the People’s Republic of China launch a massive counterattack in North Korea against South Korean and United Nations forces (Battle of the Ch'ongch'on River and Battle of Chosin Reservoir), ending any hopes of a quick end to the conflict.
- December 16, 1950 – Korean War: U.S. President Harry S. Truman declares a state of emergency, after Chinese troops enter the fight in support of communist North Korea.
Who Were Born On 1950?
- March 4, 1950 – Safet Plakalo, Bosnian author and playwright (d. 2015)
- March 12, 1950 – Wheeler Winston Dixon, American director, critic, and author
- March 17, 1950 – Patrick Adams, American songwriter and producer
- May 31, 1950 – Gregory Harrison, American actor, director, and producer
- June 2, 1950 – Anne Phillips, English theorist and academic
- October 6, 1950 – David Brin, American physicist and author
- October 8, 1950 – Robert “Kool” Bell, American singer-songwriter and bass player (Kool & the Gang)
- October 24, 1950 – Miguel Ángel Pichetto, Argentinian lawyer and politician
- October 25, 1950 – Chris Norman, English singer-songwriter (Smokie)
- November 10, 1950 – Jack Scalia, American actor and producer