The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2023. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
Historical Events Of 1950
- January 14, 1950 – The first prototype of the MiG-17 makes its maiden flight.
- February 17, 1950 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Tiger in Chinese astrology.
- March 1, 1950 – Cold War: Klaus Fuchs is convicted of spying for the Soviet Union by disclosing top secret atomic bomb data.
- May 1, 1950 – Guam is organized as a United States commonwealth.
- May 5, 1950 – Bhumibol Adulyadej is crowned King Rama IX of Thailand.
- June 8, 1950 – Sir Thomas Blamey becomes the only Australian-born Field Marshal in Australian history.
- July 2, 1950 – The Golden Pavilion at Kinkaku-ji in Kyoto, Japan burns down.
- August 20, 1950 – Korean War: United Nations repel an offensive by North Korean divisions attempting to cross the Nakdong River and assault the city of Taegu.
- November 5, 1950 – Korean War: British and Australian forces from the 27th British Commonwealth Brigade successfully halted the advancing Chinese 117th Division during the Battle of Pakchon.
- November 26, 1950 – Korean War: Troops from the People’s Republic of China launch a massive counterattack in North Korea against South Korean and United Nations forces (Battle of the Ch'ongch'on River and Battle of Chosin Reservoir), ending any hopes of a quick end to the conflict.
Who Were Born On 1950?
- January 13, 1950 – John McNaughton, American director, producer, and screenwriter
- May 13, 1950 – Bobby Valentine, American baseball player and manager
- June 11, 1950 – Graham Russell, English-Australian singer-songwriter and guitarist (Air Supply)
- July 15, 1950 – Arianna Huffington, Greek-American journalist, author, and actress, founded The Huffington Post
- July 17, 1950 – Phoebe Snow, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Sisters of Glory) (d. 2011)
- July 23, 1950 – Ian Thomas, Canadian singer-songwriter, guitarist, and actor
- September 16, 1950 – Henry Louis Gates, Jr., American historian, scholar, and journalist
- September 18, 1950 – Vishnuvardhan, Indian actor
- October 1, 1950 – Boris Morukov, Russian physician and astronaut (d. 2015)
- November 23, 1950 – Carlos Eire, Cuban-born American author and academic