The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2023. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1950
- February 8, 1950 – The Stasi, the secret police of East Germany, is established.
- February 9, 1950 – Second Red Scare: US Senator Joseph McCarthy accuses the United States Department of State of being filled with Communists.
- February 14, 1950 – Chinese Civil War: The National Revolutionary Army instigates the unsuccessful Battle of Tianquan against the People’s Liberation Army.
- February 17, 1950 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Tiger in Chinese astrology.
- April 27, 1950 – Apartheid: In South Africa, the Group Areas Act is passed formally segregating races.
- May 19, 1950 – A barge containing munitions destined for Pakistan explodes in the harbor at South Amboy, New Jersey, devastating the city.
- May 25, 1950 – Public transport: Green Hornet disaster. A Chicago Surface Lines streetcar crashes into a fuel truck, killing 33.
- September 15, 1950 – Korean War: United States forces land at Inchon
- September 28, 1950 – Indonesia joins the United Nations.
- November 26, 1950 – Korean War: Troops from the People’s Republic of China launch a massive counterattack in North Korea against South Korean and United Nations forces (Battle of the Ch'ongch'on River and Battle of Chosin Reservoir), ending any hopes of a quick end to the conflict.
Who Were Born On 1950?
- January 2, 1950 – David Shifrin, American clarinet player and educator
- January 31, 1950 – Denise Fleming, American author and illustrator
- March 26, 1950 – Teddy Pendergrass, American singer-songwriter (Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes) (d. 2010)
- May 16, 1950 – Ray Condo, Canadian singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 2004)
- June 18, 1950 – Rod de'Ath, Welsh drummer and producer (d. 2014)
- August 24, 1950 – Tim D. White, American paleoanthropologist and academic
- September 3, 1950 – Doug Pinnick, American singer-songwriter and bass player (King’s X and KXM)
- October 3, 1950 – Pamela Hensley, American actress
- October 7, 1950 – Jakaya Kikwete, Tanzanian colonel, economist, and politician, 4th President of Tanzania
- December 12, 1950 – Billy Smith, Canadian ice hockey player, coach, and manager