The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2023. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Historical Events Of 1950
- January 17, 1950 – The Great Brink’s Robbery: Eleven thieves steal more than 2 million from an armored car company’s offices in Boston.
- February 9, 1950 – Second Red Scare: US Senator Joseph McCarthy accuses the United States Department of State of being filled with Communists.
- February 17, 1950 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Tiger in Chinese astrology.
- March 17, 1950 – Researchers at the University of California, Berkeley announce the creation of element 98, which they name “californium”.
- April 27, 1950 – Apartheid: In South Africa, the Group Areas Act is passed formally segregating races.
- May 29, 1950 – The St. Roch, the first ship to circumnavigate North America, arrives in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.
- July 5, 1950 – Korean War: Task Force Smith: American and North Korean forces first clash, in the Battle of Osan.
- July 11, 1950 – Pakistan joins the International Monetary Fund and the International Bank.
- September 29, 1950 – The United Nations Security Council Resolution 87 relating to Taiwan is adopted.
- November 8, 1950 – Korean War: United States Air Force Lt. Russell J. Brown, while piloting an F-80 Shooting Star, shoots down two North Korean MiG-15s in the first jet aircraft-to-jet aircraft dogfight in history.
Who Were Born On 1950?
- March 7, 1950 – Iris Chacón, Puerto Rican actress, singer, and dancer
- March 27, 1950 – Madeleine Moon, English social worker and politician
- April 13, 1950 – Joseph Paul Franklin, American serial killer (d. 2013)
- April 23, 1950 – Rowley Leigh, English chef and journalist
- May 14, 1950 – Adolfo Domínguez, Spanish fashion designer
- May 17, 1950 – Howard Ashman, American playwright and composer (d. 1991)
- May 18, 1950 – Mark Mothersbaugh, American singer-songwriter and painter (Devo)
- June 1, 1950 – Michael McDowell, American author and screenwriter (d. 1999)
- June 11, 1950 – Lynsey de Paul, English singer-songwriter, pianist, and actress (d. 2014)
- June 29, 1950 – Don Moen, American singer-songwriter and producer