The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2017. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1950
- January 1, 1950 – Standard practice uses this day as the origin of the age scale Before Present
- January 14, 1950 – The first prototype of the MiG-17 makes its maiden flight.
- February 17, 1950 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Tiger in Chinese astrology.
- May 9, 1950 – Robert Schuman presents his proposal on the creation of an organized Europe, which according to him was indispensable to the maintenance of peaceful relations. This proposal, known as the “Schuman Declaration”, is considered by some people to be the beginning of the creation of what is now the European Union.
- July 2, 1950 – The Golden Pavilion at Kinkaku-ji in Kyoto, Japan burns down.
- July 5, 1950 – Korean War: Task Force Smith: American and North Korean forces first clash, in the Battle of Osan.
- September 26, 1950 – Indonesia is admitted to the United Nations.
- October 11, 1950 – Television: CBS’s mechanical color system is the first to be licensed for broadcast by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission.
- October 19, 1950 – Iran becomes the first country to accept technical assistance from the United States under the Point Four Program.
- October 21, 1950 – Korean War: Heavy fighting begins between British and Australian forces from the 27th British Commonwealth Brigade and the North Korean 239th Regiment during the Battle of Yongju.
Who Were Born On 1950?
- March 18, 1950 – Larry Perkins, Australian race car driver
- April 28, 1950 – Steve Rider, English journalist and sportscaster
- May 24, 1950 – Vivian Ramsey, English engineer and judge
- August 11, 1950 – Steve Wozniak, American computer scientist and programmer, co-founded Apple Inc.
- August 12, 1950 – Jim Beaver, American actor, director, and screenwriter
- September 11, 1950 – Amy Madigan, American actress and singer
- October 1, 1950 – Mark Helias, American bassist and composer
- October 19, 1950 – Yeslam bin Ladin, Saudi Arabian-Swiss businessman
- October 24, 1950 – Miroslav Sládek, Czech politician
- December 18, 1950 – Randy Castillo, American drummer (Red Square Black and Mötley Crüe) (d. 2002)