The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2029. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Kelly’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
Historical Events Of 1951
- January 4, 1951 – Korean War: Chinese and North Korean forces capture Seoul.
- January 6, 1951 – Korean War: An estimated 200–1,300 South Korean communist sympathizers are slaughtered in what becomes the Ganghwa massacre.
- February 6, 1951 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Rabbit in Chinese astrology.
- March 31, 1951 – Remington Rand delivers the first UNIVAC I computer to the United States Census Bureau.
- April 17, 1951 – The Peak District becomes the United Kingdom’s first National Park.
- May 13, 1951 – The 400th anniversary of the founding of the National University of San Marcos is commemorated by the opening of the first large-capacity stadium in Peru.
- May 28, 1951 – The British radio comedy program The Goon Show is broadcast on the BBC for the first time.
- July 16, 1951 – King Leopold III of Belgium abdicates in favor of his son, Baudouin I of Belgium.
- July 22, 1951 – Dezik (Дезик) and Tsygan (Цыган, “Gypsy”) are the first dogs to make a sub-orbital flight.
- November 15, 1951 – Greek resistance leader Nikos Beloyannis, along with 11 resistance members, is sentenced to death by the court-martial.
Who Were Born On 1951?
- January 3, 1951 – Linda Dobbs, British lawyer and judge
- January 8, 1951 – Kenny Anthony, Saint Lucian politician; 5th Prime Minister of Saint Lucia
- January 11, 1951 – Willie Maddren, English footballer and manager (d. 2000)
- March 19, 1951 – Christine Laser, German pentathlete
- April 6, 1951 – Pascal Rogé, French pianist
- April 15, 1951 – Stuart Prebble, English journalist and producer
- June 9, 1951 – Telangana Shakuntala, Indian actress (d. 2014)
- October 20, 1951 – Claudio Ranieri, Italian footballer and manager
- October 25, 1951 – Richard Lloyd, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Television and Rocket from the Tombs)