The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2018. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
What is in store for you this year? Let these forecasts and predictions help you succeed in life. Benefit from life changing events and know when they occur. Make everyday activities easier to handle. Get your Forecast Reports or download free samples!
Historical Events Of 1951
- February 6, 1951 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Rabbit in Chinese astrology.
- March 6, 1951 – The trial of Ethel and Julius Rosenberg begins.
- May 21, 1951 – The opening of the Ninth Street Show, otherwise known as the 9th Street Art Exhibition: A gathering of a number of notable artists, and the stepping-out of the post war New York avant-garde, collectively known as the New York School.
- July 20, 1951 – King Abdullah I of Jordan is assassinated by a Palestinian while attending Friday prayers in Jerusalem.
- July 26, 1951 – Walt Disney’s 13th animated film, Alice in Wonderland, premieres in London, England, United Kingdom.
- September 28, 1951 – CBS makes the first color televisions available for sale to the general public, but the product is discontinued less than a month later.
- October 15, 1951 – Mexican chemist Luis E. Miramontes conducts the very last step of the first synthesis of norethisterone, the progestin that would later be used in one of the first three oral contraceptives.
- November 1, 1951 – Operation Buster–Jangle: Six thousand five hundred American soldiers are exposed to ‘Desert Rock’atomic explosions for training purposes in Nevada. Participation is not voluntary.
- November 10, 1951 – With the rollout of the North American Numbering Plan, direct-dial coast-to-coast telephone service begins in the United States.
- December 22, 1951 – The Selangor Labour Party is founded in Selangor, Malaya.
Who Were Born On 1951?
- April 8, 1951 – Joan Sebastian, Mexican singer-songwriter and actor (d. 2015)
- June 9, 1951 – James Newton Howard, American composer, conductor, and producer
- June 26, 1951 – Pamela Bellwood, American actress
- June 28, 1951 – Lalla Ward, English actress and author
- July 24, 1951 – Chris Smith, Baron Smith of Finsbury, English politician, Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport
- July 27, 1951 – Rolf Thung, Dutch tennis player
- August 3, 1951 – Jay North, American actor
- August 14, 1951 – Carl Lumbly, American actor
- September 15, 1951 – Pete Carroll, American football player and coach