The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2018. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Create unlimited collages for every occasion, big or small. Share online with animation and music, or print as heartfelt decor, keepsake cards, or frame-worthy gifts. Turn photos into art with Smilebox. It’s FREE - download now! (Sponsored link)
Historical Events Of 1951
- February 6, 1951 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Rabbit in Chinese astrology.
- February 9, 1951 – Korean War: Geochang massacre
- March 3, 1951 – Jackie Brenston, with Ike Turner and his band, records “Rocket 88”, often cited as “the first rock and roll record”, at Sam Phillips’ recording studios in Memphis, Tennessee.
- March 7, 1951 – Korean War: Operation Ripper – United Nations troops led by General Matthew Ridgway begin an assault against Chinese forces.
- March 28, 1951 – First Indochina War: In the Battle of Mạo Khê, French Union forces, led by World War II hero Jean de Lattre de Tassigny, inflict a defeat on Việt Minh forces commanded by General Võ Nguyên Giáp.
- May 14, 1951 – Trains run on the Talyllyn Railway in Wales for the first time since preservation, making it the first railway in the world to be operated by volunteers.
- September 1, 1951 – The United States, Australia and New Zealand sign a mutual defense pact, called the ANZUS Treaty.
- September 28, 1951 – CBS makes the first color televisions available for sale to the general public, but the product is discontinued less than a month later.
- November 15, 1951 – Greek resistance leader Nikos Beloyannis, along with 11 resistance members, is sentenced to death by the court-martial.
- December 22, 1951 – The Selangor Labour Party is founded in Selangor, Malaya.
Who Were Born On 1951?
- January 8, 1951 – John McTiernan, American director and producer
- March 27, 1951 – Nigel Cawthorne, American-English journalist and author
- June 11, 1951 – Matthew Engel, English journalist and author
- June 19, 1951 – Patty Larkin, American singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer
- June 23, 1951 – Michèle Mouton, French race car driver and manager
- July 5, 1951 – Keiko Fuji, Japanese singer and actress (d. 2013)
- July 18, 1951 – Elio Di Rupo, Belgian chemist, academic, and politician, 68th Prime Minister of Belgium
- September 7, 1951 – Morris Albert, Brazilian singer-songwriter and producer
- September 15, 1951 – Pete Carroll, American football player and coach
- December 19, 1951 – Mohammad Reza Aref, Iranian engineer and politician, 2nd Vice President of Iran