The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2029. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Curious about this Spearmint Whirly? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Historical Events Of 1951
- February 6, 1951 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Rabbit in Chinese astrology.
- March 20, 1951 – Fujiyoshida, a city located in Yamanashi Prefecture, Japan, in the center of the Japanese main island of Honshū is founded.
- May 21, 1951 – The opening of the Ninth Street Show, otherwise known as the 9th Street Art Exhibition: A gathering of a number of notable artists, and the stepping-out of the post war New York avant-garde, collectively known as the New York School.
- May 23, 1951 – Tibetans sign the Seventeen Point Agreement for the Peaceful Liberation of Tibet with China.
- May 28, 1951 – The British radio comedy program The Goon Show is broadcast on the BBC for the first time.
- July 10, 1951 – Korean War: Armistice negotiations begin at Kaesong.
- July 22, 1951 – Dezik (Дезик) and Tsygan (Цыган, “Gypsy”) are the first dogs to make a sub-orbital flight.
- September 4, 1951 – The first live transcontinental television broadcast takes place in San Francisco, from the Japanese Peace Treaty Conference.
- October 15, 1951 – Mexican chemist Luis E. Miramontes conducts the very last step of the first synthesis of norethisterone, the progestin that would later be used in one of the first three oral contraceptives.
- December 24, 1951 – Libya becomes independent from Italy. Idris I is proclaimed King of Libya.
Who Were Born On 1951?
- February 28, 1951 – Bill Cratty, American dancer and choreographer (d. 1998)
- May 3, 1951 – Alan Clayson, English singer-songwriter and journalist
- May 13, 1951 – Sharon Sayles Belton, American politician, 45th Mayor of Minneapolis
- July 9, 1951 – Māris Gailis, Latvian politician, businessman, and former Prime Minister of Latvia
- August 2, 1951 – Per Westerberg, Swedish businessman and politician, Speaker of the Parliament of Sweden
- August 26, 1951 – Edward Witten, American physicist and academic
- September 4, 1951 – Kaoru Kobayashi, Japanese actor
- September 11, 1951 – Miroslav Dvořák, Czech ice hockey player (d. 2008)
- September 18, 1951 – Darryl Stingley, American football player and scout (d. 2007)
- September 19, 1951 – Darryl Read, English singer-songwriter, drummer, and actor (Crushed Butler and Tiger) (d. 2013)