The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2018. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1951
- February 6, 1951 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Rabbit in Chinese astrology.
- March 3, 1951 – Jackie Brenston, with Ike Turner and his band, records “Rocket 88”, often cited as “the first rock and roll record”, at Sam Phillips’ recording studios in Memphis, Tennessee.
- March 7, 1951 – Korean War: Operation Ripper – United Nations troops led by General Matthew Ridgway begin an assault against Chinese forces.
- March 20, 1951 – Fujiyoshida, a city located in Yamanashi Prefecture, Japan, in the center of the Japanese main island of Honshū is founded.
- March 31, 1951 – Remington Rand delivers the first UNIVAC I computer to the United States Census Bureau.
- May 3, 1951 – The United States Senate Committee on Armed Services and United States Senate Committee on Foreign Relations begin their closed door hearings into the dismissal of General Douglas MacArthur by U.S. President Harry Truman.
- May 28, 1951 – The British radio comedy program The Goon Show is broadcast on the BBC for the first time.
- June 14, 1951 – UNIVAC I is dedicated by the U.S. Census Bureau.
- July 10, 1951 – Korean War: Armistice negotiations begin at Kaesong.
- September 1, 1951 – The United States, Australia and New Zealand sign a mutual defense pact, called the ANZUS Treaty.
Who Were Born On 1951?
- March 19, 1951 – PJ Torokvei, Canadian actor and screenwriter (d. 2013)
- April 1, 1951 – John Abizaid, American general
- April 16, 1951 – Mordechai Ben David, American singer-songwriter
- May 18, 1951 – Jim Sundberg, American baseball player and sportscaster
- May 19, 1951 – Joey Ramone, American singer-songwriter (Ramones and Sniper) (d. 2001)
- June 4, 1951 – Bronisław Malinowski, Polish runner (d. 1981)
- October 5, 1951 – Bob Geldof, Irish singer-songwriter and actor (The Boomtown Rats)
- November 6, 1951 – Peter Althin, Swedish lawyer and politician
- November 24, 1951 – Graham Price, Egyptian-Welsh rugby player
- December 11, 1951 – Ria Stalman, Dutch discus thrower and shot putter