The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2029. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Alejandro’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
Historical Events Of 1951
- January 15, 1951 – Ilse Koch, “The Witch of Buchenwald”, wife of the commandant of the Buchenwald concentration camp, is sentenced to life imprisonment by a court in West Germany.
- February 6, 1951 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Rabbit in Chinese astrology.
- February 13, 1951 – Korean War: Battle of Chipyong-ni, which represented the “high-water mark” of the Chinese incursion into South Korea, commences.
- May 15, 1951 – The Polish cultural attaché in Paris, Czesław Miłosz, asks the French government for political asylum.
- June 14, 1951 – UNIVAC I is dedicated by the U.S. Census Bureau.
- September 28, 1951 – CBS makes the first color televisions available for sale to the general public, but the product is discontinued less than a month later.
- September 29, 1951 – The first live sporting event seen coast-to-coast in the United States, a college football game between Duke and the University of Pittsburgh, is televised on NBC.
- December 20, 1951 – The EBR-1 in Arco, Idaho becomes the first nuclear power plant to generate electricity. The electricity powered four light bulbs.
- December 24, 1951 – Libya becomes independent from Italy. Idris I is proclaimed King of Libya.
- December 31, 1951 – The Marshall Plan expires after distributing more than US$13.3 billion in foreign aid to rebuild Europe.
Who Were Born On 1951?
- February 28, 1951 – Roseanna Vitro, American singer and educator
- March 5, 1951 – Lat, Malaysian cartoonist
- June 18, 1951 – Ian Hargreaves, English-Welsh journalist and academic
- July 8, 1951 – Anjelica Huston, American actress and director
- July 23, 1951 – Leman Sam, Turkish singer-songwriter
- September 8, 1951 – Tim Gullikson American tennis player and coach (d. 1996)
- September 11, 1951 – Richard D. Gill, English-Dutch mathematician and academic
- October 10, 1951 – Boboy Garovillo, Filipino singer and actor (APO Hiking Society)
- November 18, 1951 – Pete Morelli, American football official
- December 3, 1951 – Nicky Stevens, Welsh singer (Brotherhood of Man)