The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2018. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1951
- January 27, 1951 – Nuclear testing at the Nevada Test Site begins with a one-kiloton bomb dropped on Frenchman Flat.
- February 6, 1951 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Rabbit in Chinese astrology.
- February 7, 1951 – Korean War: 705 suspected communist sympathizers are butchered by South Korean forces.
- February 9, 1951 – Korean War: Geochang massacre
- April 5, 1951 – Ethel and Julius Rosenberg are sentenced to death for spying for the Soviet Union.
- April 29, 1951 – Tibetan delegates to the Central People’s Government arrive in Beijing and draft a Seventeen Point Agreement for Chinese sovereignty and Tibetan autonomy.
- July 16, 1951 – King Leopold III of Belgium abdicates in favor of his son, Baudouin I of Belgium.
- September 28, 1951 – CBS makes the first color televisions available for sale to the general public, but the product is discontinued less than a month later.
- December 22, 1951 – The Selangor Labour Party is founded in Selangor, Malaya.
- December 31, 1951 – The Marshall Plan expires after distributing more than US$13.3 billion in foreign aid to rebuild Europe.
Who Were Born On 1951?
- January 2, 1951 – Alexander Pogrebinsky, Ukrainian-American painter
- February 16, 1951 – Yumi Takigawa, Japanese actress and singer
- February 24, 1951 – David Ford, Northern Irish social worker and politician
- April 16, 1951 – Ioan Mihai Cochinescu, Romanian author and photographer
- May 14, 1951 – Robert Zemeckis, American director, producer, and screenwriter
- May 30, 1951 – Zdravko Čolić, Bosnian-Serbian singer-songwriter (Ambasadori and Korni Grupa)
- September 7, 1951 – Chrissie Hynde, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Pretenders and The Moors Murderers)
- November 7, 1951 – Lawrence O'Donnell, American journalist, actor, and producer
- November 29, 1951 – Don Walker, Australian singer-songwriter and pianist (Cold Chisel and Tex, Don and Charlie)
- December 22, 1951 – Gerald Grosvenor, 6th Duke of Westminster, Irish general and businessman