The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2036. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Create unlimited collages for every occasion, big or small. Share online with animation and music, or print as heartfelt decor, keepsake cards, or frame-worthy gifts. Turn photos into art with Smilebox. It’s FREE - download now! (Sponsored link)
Historical Events Of 1952
- January 27, 1952 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Dragon in Chinese astrology.
- April 8, 1952 – U.S. President Harry Truman calls for the seizure of all domestic steel mills to prevent a nationwide strike.
- April 15, 1952 – The maiden flight of the B-52 Stratofortress
- May 2, 1952 – The world’s first ever jet airliner, the De Havilland Comet 1 makes its maiden flight, from London to Johannesburg.
- May 7, 1952 – The concept of the integrated circuit, the basis for all modern computers, is first published by Geoffrey Dummer.
- November 14, 1952 – The first regular UK Singles Chart published by the New Musical Express.
- November 19, 1952 – Greek Field Marshal Alexander Papagos becomes the 152nd Prime Minister of Greece.
- November 25, 1952 – Korean War: After 42 days of fighting, the Battle of Triangle Hill ends as American and South Korean units abandon their attempt to capture the “Iron Triangle”.
- December 5, 1952 – Great Smog: A cold fog descends upon London, combining with air pollution and killing at least 12,000 in the weeks and months that follow.
Who Were Born On 1952?
- January 3, 1952 – Esperanza Aguirre, Spanish politician, 3rd President of the Community of Madrid
- February 29, 1952 – Sharon Dahlonega Raiford Bush, American journalist and producer
- March 11, 1952 – Douglas Adams, English-American author and playwright (d. 2001)
- April 4, 1952 – Gary Moore, Northern Irish singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer (Skid Row, Thin Lizzy, and Colosseum II) (d. 2011)
- May 5, 1952 – Jorge Llopart, Spanish race walker
- May 7, 1952 – Stanley Dickens, Swedish race car driver
- August 24, 1952 – Holly Hallstrom, American model and actress
- August 26, 1952 – Will Shortz, American journalist and puzzle creator
- September 9, 1952 – Manuel Göttsching, German guitarist and songwriter (Ash Ra Tempel and Ashra)
- November 17, 1952 – Cyril Ramaphosa, South African businessman and politician, 7th Deputy President of South Africa