The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2026. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1953
- January 19, 1953 – Almost 72% of all television sets in the United States are tuned into I Love Lucy to watch Lucy give birth.
- February 14, 1953 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Snake in Chinese astrology.
- February 19, 1953 – Censorship: Georgia approves the first literature censorship board in the United States.
- March 1, 1953 – Soviet Premier Joseph Stalin suffers a stroke and collapses; he dies four days later.
- April 16, 1953 – Queen Elizabeth II launches the Royal Yacht HMY Britannia.
- April 27, 1953 – Operation Moolah offers $50,000 to any pilot who defected with a fully mission-capable Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-15 to South Korea. The first pilot was to receive $100,000.
- June 18, 1953 – The Egyptian Revolution of 1952 ends with the overthrow of the Muhammad Ali dynasty and the declaration of the Republic of Egypt.
- June 30, 1953 – The first Chevrolet Corvette rolls off the assembly line in Flint, Michigan.
- July 17, 1953 – The largest number of United States midshipman casualties in a single event results from an aircraft crash in Florida killing 44.
- December 24, 1953 – Tangiwai disaster: In New Zealand’s North Island, at Tangiwai, a railway bridge is damaged by a lahar and collapses beneath a passenger train, killing 151 people.
Who Were Born On 1953?
- February 9, 1953 – Ezechiele Ramin, Italian missionary, priest, and martyr (d. 1985)
- February 18, 1953 – Robbie Bachman, Canadian drummer (Brave Belt and Bachman–Turner Overdrive)
- February 19, 1953 – Corrado Barazzutti, Italian tennis player
- March 1, 1953 – Sinan Çetin, Turkish actor, director, and producer
- March 17, 1953 – Ken Lyons, American bass guitarist, (38 Special) (d. 2012)
- April 4, 1953 – Robert Bertrand, Canadian politician
- May 22, 1953 – Peter Bazalgette, English television producer
- July 11, 1953 – Ivan Toms, South African physician and activist (d. 2008)
- October 4, 1953 – Tchéky Karyo, Turkish-French actor and singer