The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2026. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
Historical Events Of 1953
- February 14, 1953 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Snake in Chinese astrology.
- April 10, 1953 – Warner Bros. premieres the first 3-D film from a major American studio, entitled House of Wax.
- April 16, 1953 – Queen Elizabeth II launches the Royal Yacht HMY Britannia.
- April 27, 1953 – Operation Moolah offers $50,000 to any pilot who defected with a fully mission-capable Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-15 to South Korea. The first pilot was to receive $100,000.
- June 8, 1953 – The United States Supreme Court rules that restaurants in Washington, D.C., cannot refuse to serve black patrons.
- June 26, 1953 – Lavrentiy Beria, head of MVD, is arrested by Nikita Khrushchev and other members of the Politburo.
- August 12, 1953 – The islands of Zakynthos and Kefalonia in Greece are severely damaged by an earthquake measuring 7.3 on the Richter scale.
- October 12, 1953 – The Caine Mutiny Court-Martial opens at Plymouth Theatre, New York City
- November 2, 1953 – The Constituent Assembly of Pakistan names the country The Islamic Republic of Pakistan.
- December 6, 1953 – Vladimir Nabokov completes his controversial novel Lolita.
Who Were Born On 1953?
- January 5, 1953 – Pamela Sue Martin, American actress
- January 6, 1953 – Jon Eberson, Norwegian guitarist and orchestra leader (Jazzpunkensemblet)
- March 26, 1953 – Lincoln Chafee, American academic and politician, 74th Governor of Rhode Island
- April 13, 1953 – Stephen Byers, English politician, Secretary of State for Transport
- April 21, 1953 – Forrest, American-Dutch singer (d. 2013)
- June 18, 1953 – Peter Donohoe, English pianist and educator
- September 4, 1953 – Janet Biehl, American philosopher and author
- September 29, 1953 – Richard Grusin, American author and scholar
- October 30, 1953 – Charles Martin Smith, American actor, director, and screenwriter
- November 28, 1953 – Gordon Marsden, English politician