The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2026. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1953
- February 14, 1953 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Snake in Chinese astrology.
- February 28, 1953 – James Watson and Francis Crick announce to friends that they have determined the chemical structure of DNA; the formal announcement takes place on April 25 following publication in April’s Nature (pub. April 2).
- March 18, 1953 – An earthquake hits western Turkey, killing 265 people.
- April 16, 1953 – Queen Elizabeth II launches the Royal Yacht HMY Britannia.
- April 25, 1953 – Francis Crick and James D. Watson publish “Molecular Structure of Nucleic Acids: A Structure for Deoxyribose Nucleic Acid” describing the double helix structure of DNA.
- May 4, 1953 – Ernest Hemingway wins the Pulitzer Prize for The Old Man and the Sea.
- July 17, 1953 – The largest number of United States midshipman casualties in a single event results from an aircraft crash in Florida killing 44.
- August 12, 1953 – Nuclear weapons testing: The Soviet atomic bomb project continues with the detonation of Joe 4, the first Soviet thermonuclear weapon.
- November 9, 1953 – Cambodia gains independence from France.
- December 9, 1953 – Red Scare: General Electric announces that all communist employees will be discharged from the company.
Who Were Born On 1953?
- January 3, 1953 – Mohammed Waheed Hassan, Maldivian educator and politician, 5th President of the Maldives
- January 23, 1953 – John Luther Adams, American composer
- March 27, 1953 – Dennis Bevington, Canadian businessman and politician
- April 22, 1953 – Valeri Bondarenko, Estonian footballer and coach
- July 20, 1953 – Marcia Hines, American-Australian singer and actress
- July 29, 1953 – Ken Burns, American director and producer
- August 9, 1953 – Roberta Tovey, English actress and singer
- August 18, 1953 – Louie Gohmert, American captain, lawyer, and politician
- September 30, 1953 – Hilton Dawson, English social worker and politician
- December 28, 1953 – Richard Clayderman, French pianist