The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2026. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Historical Events Of 1953
- January 13, 1953 – An article appears in Pravda accusing some of the most prestigious and prominent doctors, mostly Jews, in the Soviet Union of taking part in a vast plot to poison members of the top Soviet political and military leadership.
- January 19, 1953 – Almost 72% of all television sets in the United States are tuned into I Love Lucy to watch Lucy give birth.
- February 14, 1953 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Snake in Chinese astrology.
- March 6, 1953 – Georgy Malenkov succeeds Joseph Stalin as Premier of the Soviet Union and First Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union.
- April 24, 1953 – Winston Churchill is knighted by Queen Elizabeth II.
- May 15, 1953 – Cubmaster Don Murphy organized the first pinewood derby, in Manhattan Beach, California, by Pack 280c.
- June 18, 1953 – A United States Air Force C-124 crashes and burns near Tachikawa, Japan, killing 129.
- November 2, 1953 – The Constituent Assembly of Pakistan names the country The Islamic Republic of Pakistan.
- November 30, 1953 – Edward Mutesa II, the kabaka (king) of Buganda is deposed and exiled to London by Sir Andrew Cohen, Governor of Uganda.
- December 9, 1953 – Red Scare: General Electric announces that all communist employees will be discharged from the company.
Who Were Born On 1953?
- January 15, 1953 – Randy White, American football player
- January 16, 1953 – John Stephen Hill, Canadian actor
- May 15, 1953 – George Brett, American baseball player and coach
- July 11, 1953 – Angélica Aragón, Mexican actress
- September 17, 1953 – Tamasin Day-Lewis, English chef and author
- October 21, 1953 – Charlotte Caffey, American guitarist and songwriter (The Go-Go’s and The Graces)
- November 14, 1953 – Phil Baron, American voice actor, puppeteer, and songwriter
- November 27, 1953 – Tarmo Kõuts, Estonian admiral and politician
- December 6, 1953 – Tom Hulce, American actor and producer