The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2026. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1953
- January 3, 1953 – Frances P. Bolton and her son, Oliver from Ohio, become the first mother and son to serve simultaneously in the U.S. Congress.
- February 14, 1953 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Snake in Chinese astrology.
- May 16, 1953 – American journalist William N. Oatis is released after serving 22 months of a ten-year prison sentence for espionage in Czechoslovakia.
- June 2, 1953 – The coronation of Queen Elizabeth II, who is crowned Queen of the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Her Other Realms and Territories & Head of the Commonwealth, the first major international event to be televised.
- August 17, 1953 – Addiction: First meeting of Narcotics Anonymous in Southern California.
- September 7, 1953 – Garfield Todd becomes Prime Minister of Southern Rhodesia.
- October 12, 1953 – The Caine Mutiny Court-Martial opens at Plymouth Theatre, New York City
- October 27, 1953 – British nuclear test Totem 2 is carried out at Emu Field, South Australia.
- November 30, 1953 – Edward Mutesa II, the kabaka (king) of Buganda is deposed and exiled to London by Sir Andrew Cohen, Governor of Uganda.
Who Were Born On 1953?
- January 1, 1953 – Greg Carmichael, English guitarist (Acoustic Alchemy)
- January 4, 1953 – Vicki Bruce, English psychologist and academic
- March 17, 1953 – Ken Lyons, American bass guitarist, (38 Special) (d. 2012)
- March 19, 1953 – Billy Sheehan, American bass player and songwriter (Mr. Big and Niacin)
- March 27, 1953 – Wally Stocker, English guitarist (The Babys and Air Supply)
- August 15, 1953 – Mark Thatcher, English businessman
- August 17, 1953 – Mick Malthouse, Australian footballer and coach
- August 29, 1953 – Doña Croll, Jamaican-English actress
- September 10, 1953 – John Thurso, Scottish businessman and politician
- September 24, 1953 – Peter Halley, American painter and educator