The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2026. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1953
- January 19, 1953 – Almost 72% of all television sets in the United States are tuned into I Love Lucy to watch Lucy give birth.
- February 1, 1953 – North Sea flood of 1953 (Dutch, Watersnoodramp, literally “flood disaster”) was a major flood caused by a heavy storm, that occurred on the night of Saturday, 31 January 1953 and morning of Sunday, 1 February 1953. The floods struck the Netherlands, Belgium and the United Kingdom.
- February 14, 1953 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Snake in Chinese astrology.
- April 8, 1953 – Mau Mau leader Jomo Kenyatta is convicted by Kenya’s British rulers.
- May 25, 1953 – The first public television station in the United States officially begins broadcasting as KUHT from the campus of the University of Houston.
- June 9, 1953 – Flint–Worcester tornado outbreak sequence: a tornado spawned from the same storm system as the Flint tornado hits in Worcester, Massachusetts, killing 94.
- August 12, 1953 – Nuclear weapons testing: The Soviet atomic bomb project continues with the detonation of Joe 4, the first Soviet thermonuclear weapon.
- September 7, 1953 – Nikita Khrushchev is elected first secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union.
- November 2, 1953 – The Constituent Assembly of Pakistan names the country The Islamic Republic of Pakistan.
- November 9, 1953 – Cambodia gains independence from France.
Who Were Born On 1953?
- February 19, 1953 – Cristina Fernández de Kirchner, Argentinian lawyer and politician, 52nd President of Argentina
- May 1, 1953 – Naoya Uchida, Japanese voice actor, actor, and singer
- May 4, 1953 – Oleta Adams, American singer, pianist, and actress
- May 24, 1953 – Richard Wilson, English sculptor
- May 31, 1953 – Linda Riordan, English politician
- June 1, 1953 – Ted Field, American entrepreneur and racing driver
- July 6, 1953 – Robert Ménard, French politician and former journalist
- August 14, 1953 – Cliff Johnson, American game designer
- September 8, 1953 – Pascal Greggory, French actor
- September 16, 1953 – Eric Vail, Canadian ice hockey player and sportscaster