The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2021. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1954
- January 10, 1954 – BOAC Flight 781, a de Havilland DH.106 Comet 1, explodes and falls into the Tyrrhenian Sea killing 35 people.
- January 14, 1954 – The Hudson Motor Car Company merges with Nash-Kelvinator Corporation forming the American Motors Corporation.
- February 3, 1954 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Horse in Chinese astrology.
- April 8, 1954 – South African Airways Flight 201 A de Havilland DH.106 Comet 1 crashes into the sea during night killing 21 people.
- April 18, 1954 – Gamal Abdel Nasser seizes power in Egypt.
- May 7, 1954 – Indochina War: The Battle of Dien Bien Phu ends in a French defeat and a Vietnamese victory (the battle began on March 13).
- June 27, 1954 – The Obninsk Nuclear Power Plant, the Soviet Union’s first nuclear power station, opens in Obninsk, near Moscow.
- July 20, 1954 – Germany: Otto John, head of West Germany’s secret service, defects to East Germany.
- July 21, 1954 – First Indochina War: The Geneva Conference partitions Vietnam into North Vietnam and South Vietnam.
- October 19, 1954 – First ascent of Cho Oyu.
Who Were Born On 1954?
- January 5, 1954 – László Krasznahorkai, Hungarian author and screenwriter
- February 9, 1954 – Kevin Warwick, English engineer and academic
- March 4, 1954 – Boris Moiseev, Russian actor, singer, and dancer
- April 30, 1954 – Jane Campion, New Zealand director, producer, and screenwriter
- May 3, 1954 – Jean-Marc Roberts, French author and screenwriter (d. 2013)
- May 21, 1954 – Janice Karman, American voice actress, singer, and producer
- June 9, 1954 – Paul Chapman, Welsh guitarist and songwriter (UFO, Lone Star, and Skid Row)
- June 25, 1954 – David Paich, American singer-songwriter, keyboard player, and producer (Toto)
- September 8, 1954 – Anne Diamond, English journalist
- September 29, 1954 – Mari Wilson, English singer