The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2021. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1954
- January 1, 1954 – NBC makes the first coast-to-coast NTSC color broadcast when it telecast the Tournament of Roses Parade, with public demonstrations given across the United States on prototype color receivers.
- February 3, 1954 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Horse in Chinese astrology.
- March 1, 1954 – Puerto Rican nationalists attack the United States Capitol building, injuring five Representatives.
- March 19, 1954 – Joey Giardello knocks out Willie Tory in round seven at Madison Square Garden in the first televised prize boxing fight shown in colour.
- July 5, 1954 – Elvis Presley records his first single, “That’s All Right,” at Sun Records in Memphis, Tennessee.
- July 7, 1954 – Elvis Presley makes his radio debut when WHBQ Memphis played his first recording for Sun Records, “That’s All Right.”
- August 13, 1954 – Radio Pakistan broadcasts the “Qaumī Tarāna”, the national anthem of Pakistan for the first time.
- August 23, 1954 – First flight of the C-130 Hercules transport aircraft.
- September 8, 1954 – The Southeast Asia Treaty Organization (SEATO) is established.
- November 27, 1954 – Alger Hiss is released from prison after serving 44 months for perjury.
Who Were Born On 1954?
- January 4, 1954 – Eugene Chadbourne, American guitarist and songwriter
- January 6, 1954 – Anthony Minghella, English director and screenwriter (d. 2008)
- February 17, 1954 – Rene Russo, American actress and producer
- May 3, 1954 – Peter Duncan, English actor and television host
- June 14, 1954 – Will Patton, American actor
- June 21, 1954 – Müjde Ar, Turkish actress
- August 8, 1954 – Nick Holtam, English bishop
- August 27, 1954 – Rajesh Thakker, English physician and academic
- October 15, 1954 – Princess Friederike of Hanover
- November 24, 1954 – Emir Kusturica, Serbian actor, director, and screenwriter