The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2021. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Historical Events Of 1954
- January 21, 1954 – The first nuclear-powered submarine, the USS Nautilus, is launched in Groton, Connecticut by Mamie Eisenhower, the First Lady of the United States.
- February 3, 1954 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Horse in Chinese astrology.
- May 29, 1954 – First of the annual Bilderberg conferences.
- June 14, 1954 – U.S. President Dwight D. Eisenhower signs a bill into law that places the words “under God” into the United States Pledge of Allegiance.
- July 20, 1954 – Germany: Otto John, head of West Germany’s secret service, defects to East Germany.
- July 31, 1954 – First ascent of K2, by an Italian expedition led by Ardito Desio.
- August 23, 1954 – First flight of the C-130 Hercules transport aircraft.
- September 3, 1954 – The People’s Liberation Army begins shelling the Republic of China-controlled islands of Quemoy, starting the First Taiwan Strait Crisis.
- September 11, 1954 – Hurricane Edna hits New England as a Category 1 hurricane, causing significant damage and 29 deaths.
- November 22, 1954 – The Humane Society of the United States is founded.
Who Were Born On 1954?
- January 1, 1954 – Yannis Papathanasiou, Greek engineer and politician, Greek Minister of Finance
- January 21, 1954 – Idrissa Ouedraogo, Burkinabé director, producer, and screenwriter
- April 14, 1954 – Bruce Sterling, American author and blogger
- May 1, 1954 – Ray Parker, Jr., American singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer (Raydio)
- July 6, 1954 – Allyce Beasley, American actress and singer
- July 31, 1954 – Manivannan, Indian actor and director (d. 2013)
- August 27, 1954 – John Lloyd, English tennis player and sportscaster
- September 29, 1954 – Mari Wilson, English singer
- October 11, 1954 – David Michaels, American epidemiologist and politician