The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2021. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Sonia’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
Historical Events Of 1954
- February 3, 1954 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Horse in Chinese astrology.
- March 13, 1954 – First Indochina War: Viet Minh forces under Võ Nguyên Giáp unleashed a massive artillery barrage on the French to begin the Battle of Điện Biên Phủ, the climactic battle in the First Indochina War.
- April 7, 1954 – United States President Dwight D. Eisenhower gives his “domino theory” speech during a news conference.
- April 8, 1954 – A Royal Canadian Air Force Canadair Harvard collides with a Trans-Canada Airlines Canadair North Star over Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, killing 37 people.
- May 7, 1954 – Indochina War: The Battle of Dien Bien Phu ends in a French defeat and a Vietnamese victory (the battle began on March 13).
- July 15, 1954 – First flight of the Boeing 367-80, prototype for both the Boeing 707 and C-135 series.
- July 20, 1954 – Germany: Otto John, head of West Germany’s secret service, defects to East Germany.
- October 27, 1954 – Benjamin O. Davis, Jr. becomes the first African-American general in the United States Air Force.
- December 2, 1954 – The Sino-American Mutual Defense Treaty, between the United States and Taiwan, is signed in Washington, D.C.
- December 15, 1954 – The Charter for the Kingdom of the Netherlands is signed.
Who Were Born On 1954?
- January 2, 1954 – Glenn Goins, American singer and guitarist (Parliament-Funkadelic) (d. 1978)
- February 20, 1954 – Billy Pontoni, Colombian singer-songwriter and guitarist
- March 3, 1954 – Édouard Lock, Moroccan-Canadian dancer and choreographer
- April 13, 1954 – Barbara Roche, English lawyer and politician, Minister of State for Immigration
- April 20, 1954 – Gilles Lupien, Canadian ice hockey player and agent
- May 1, 1954 – Fred Chichin, French singer-songwriter and guitarist (Les Rita Mitsouko) (d. 2007)
- August 11, 1954 – Yashpal Sharma, Indian cricketer and umpire
- October 26, 1954 – D. W. Moffett, American actor and director
- October 30, 1954 – Mahmoud El Khatib, Egyptian footballer
- November 11, 1954 – Mary Gaitskill, American novelist, essayist, and short story writer