The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2021. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Curious about this Blue Ocean Crunch? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Historical Events Of 1954
- January 1, 1954 – NBC makes the first coast-to-coast NTSC color broadcast when it telecast the Tournament of Roses Parade, with public demonstrations given across the United States on prototype color receivers.
- February 3, 1954 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Horse in Chinese astrology.
- April 7, 1954 – United States President Dwight D. Eisenhower gives his “domino theory” speech during a news conference.
- June 18, 1954 – Pierre Mendès France becomes Prime Minister of France.
- July 31, 1954 – First ascent of K2, by an Italian expedition led by Ardito Desio.
- August 10, 1954 – At Massena, New York, the groundbreaking ceremony for the Saint Lawrence Seaway is held.
- August 15, 1954 – Alfredo Stroessner begins his dictatorship in Paraguay.
- September 11, 1954 – Hurricane Edna hits New England as a Category 1 hurricane, causing significant damage and 29 deaths.
- November 13, 1954 – Great Britain defeats France to capture the first ever Rugby League World Cup in Paris in front of around 30,000 spectators.
- December 15, 1954 – The Charter for the Kingdom of the Netherlands is signed.
Who Were Born On 1954?
- January 1, 1954 – Richard Edson, American drummer and actor (Sonic Youth and Konk)
- January 29, 1954 – Doug Risebrough, Canadian ice hockey player and coach
- March 27, 1954 – Mauro Roman, Italian horse rider
- April 17, 1954 – Michael Sembello, American singer-songwriter
- May 28, 1954 – João Carlos de Oliveira, Brazilian jumper (d. 1999)
- July 15, 1954 – Jeff Jarvis, American journalist and blogger
- August 9, 1954 – Ray Jennings, South African cricketer and coach
- August 21, 1954 – Bodil Niska, Norwegian saxophonist and composer
- September 19, 1954 – Adam Phillips, Welsh psychotherapist and author
- September 30, 1954 – Patrice Rushen, American singer-songwriter and producer (CAB)