The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2021. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1954
- February 3, 1954 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Horse in Chinese astrology.
- March 22, 1954 – Closed since 1939, the London bullion market reopens.
- July 20, 1954 – Germany: Otto John, head of West Germany’s secret service, defects to East Germany.
- September 3, 1954 – The German U-boat U-505 begins its move from a specially constructed dock to its site at Chicago’s Museum of Science and Industry.
- September 26, 1954 – Japanese rail ferry Tōya Maru sinks during a typhoon in the Tsugaru Strait, Japan killing 1,172.
- September 30, 1954 – The U.S. Navy submarine USS Nautilus is commissioned as the world’s first nuclear reactor powered vessel.
- October 11, 1954 – First Indochina War: The Viet Minh take control of North Vietnam.
- October 18, 1954 – Texas Instruments announces the first transistor radio.
- November 27, 1954 – Alger Hiss is released from prison after serving 44 months for perjury.
- December 4, 1954 – The first Burger King is opened in Miami.
Who Were Born On 1954?
- January 4, 1954 – Tina Knowles, American fashion designer; founded House of Deréon
- January 26, 1954 – Kim Hughes, Australian cricketer and sportscaster
- March 8, 1954 – Cheryl Baker, English singer (Bucks Fizz and Co-Co)
- March 23, 1954 – Kenneth Cole, American fashion designer, founded Kenneth Cole Productions
- April 30, 1954 – Frank-Michael Marczewski, German footballer
- May 17, 1954 – Michael Roberts, South African-English jockey
- July 12, 1954 – Wolfgang Dremmler, German footballer and coach
- September 1, 1954 – Dave Lumley, Canadian ice hockey player
- September 18, 1954 – Takao Doi, Japanese engineer and astronaut
- October 19, 1954 – Sam Allardyce, English footballer and manager