The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2027. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Historical Events Of 1954
- February 3, 1954 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Horse in Chinese astrology.
- February 13, 1954 – Frank Selvy becomes the only NCAA Division I basketball player ever to score 100 points in a single game.
- March 13, 1954 – First Indochina War: Viet Minh forces under Võ Nguyên Giáp unleashed a massive artillery barrage on the French to begin the Battle of Điện Biên Phủ, the climactic battle in the First Indochina War.
- April 7, 1954 – United States President Dwight D. Eisenhower gives his “domino theory” speech during a news conference.
- April 25, 1954 – The first practical solar cell is publicly demonstrated by Bell Telephone Laboratories.
- June 22, 1954 – In Christchurch, New Zealand, Pauline Parker and Juliet Hulme murder Pauline’s mother because they think she is in the way of their friendship.
- August 23, 1954 – First flight of the C-130 Hercules transport aircraft.
- September 3, 1954 – The People’s Liberation Army begins shelling the Republic of China-controlled islands of Quemoy, starting the First Taiwan Strait Crisis.
- October 24, 1954 – Dwight D. Eisenhower pledges United States support to South Vietnam.
- November 10, 1954 – U.S. President Dwight D. Eisenhower dedicates the USMC War Memorial (Iwo Jima memorial) in Arlington National Cemetery.
Who Were Born On 1954?
- January 11, 1954 – Kailash Satyarthi, Indian engineer, academic, and activist, Nobel Prize laureate
- January 29, 1954 – Terry Kinney, American actor and director
- March 27, 1954 – Mauro Roman, Italian horse rider
- April 14, 1954 – Bruce Sterling, American author and blogger
- July 12, 1954 – Wolfgang Dremmler, German footballer and coach
- July 24, 1954 – Erdoğan Arıca, Turkish footballer and manager (d. 2012)
- September 6, 1954 – John Sauven, English economist and environmentalist
- November 13, 1954 – Scott McNealy, American businessman, co-founded Sun Microsystems
- November 27, 1954 – Patricia McPherson, American actress
- December 26, 1954 – Steve Steen, English actor and screenwriter