The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2021. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1954
- January 14, 1954 – The Hudson Motor Car Company merges with Nash-Kelvinator Corporation forming the American Motors Corporation.
- February 3, 1954 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Horse in Chinese astrology.
- February 28, 1954 – The first color television sets using the NTSC standard are offered for sale to the general public.
- March 22, 1954 – Closed since 1939, the London bullion market reopens.
- May 10, 1954 – Bill Haley & His Comets release “Rock Around the Clock”, the first rock and roll record to reach number one on the Billboard charts.
- May 29, 1954 – First of the annual Bilderberg conferences.
- June 14, 1954 – U.S. President Dwight D. Eisenhower signs a bill into law that places the words “under God” into the United States Pledge of Allegiance.
- July 21, 1954 – First Indochina War: The Geneva Conference partitions Vietnam into North Vietnam and South Vietnam.
- August 13, 1954 – Radio Pakistan broadcasts the “Qaumī Tarāna”, the national anthem of Pakistan for the first time.
- September 11, 1954 – Hurricane Edna hits New England as a Category 1 hurricane, causing significant damage and 29 deaths.
Who Were Born On 1954?
- January 4, 1954 – Eugene Chadbourne, American guitarist and songwriter
- January 17, 1954 – Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., American lawyer, radio host, and environmentalist
- January 25, 1954 – Ricardo Bochini, Argentinian footballer
- April 23, 1954 – Stephen Dalton, English air marshal
- June 15, 1954 – Paul Rusesabagina, Rwandan humanitarian
- June 26, 1954 – Steve Barton, American actor, singer, and dancer (d. 2001)
- July 30, 1954 – Ken Olin, American actor, director, and producer
- October 27, 1954 – Jan Duursema, American illustrator
- November 14, 1954 – Anson Funderburgh, American guitarist and bandleader
- December 26, 1954 – Peter Hillary, New Zealand mountaineer and philanthropist