The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2021. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters MOTOGYOFVREL? Check your answers here: Unscramble words MOTOGYOFVREL. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
Historical Events Of 1954
- January 1, 1954 – NBC makes the first coast-to-coast NTSC color broadcast when it telecast the Tournament of Roses Parade, with public demonstrations given across the United States on prototype color receivers.
- January 21, 1954 – The first nuclear-powered submarine, the USS Nautilus, is launched in Groton, Connecticut by Mamie Eisenhower, the First Lady of the United States.
- February 3, 1954 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Horse in Chinese astrology.
- February 18, 1954 – The first Church of Scientology is established in Los Angeles.
- March 1, 1954 – Puerto Rican nationalists attack the United States Capitol building, injuring five Representatives.
- March 30, 1954 – The Yonge Street subway line opens in Toronto. It is the first subway in Canada.
- April 18, 1954 – Gamal Abdel Nasser seizes power in Egypt.
- May 6, 1954 – Roger Bannister becomes the first person to run the mile in under four minutes.
- June 27, 1954 – The Obninsk Nuclear Power Plant, the Soviet Union’s first nuclear power station, opens in Obninsk, near Moscow.
- September 14, 1954 – In a top secret nuclear test, a Soviet Tu-4 bomber drops a 40 kiloton atomic weapon just north of Totskoye village.
Who Were Born On 1954?
- January 8, 1954 – Konstantinos Kypriotis, Greek martial artist (d. 1995)
- January 19, 1954 – Cindy Sherman, American photographer and director
- February 27, 1954 – JoAnn Falletta, American conductor
- March 2, 1954 – Ed Johnstone, Canadian ice hockey player and coach
- April 12, 1954 – John Faulkner, Australian educator and politician, 52nd Australian Minister for Defence
- May 28, 1954 – Townsend Coleman, American voice actor
- August 2, 1954 – Ken MacLeod, Scottish blogger and author
- August 7, 1954 – Alan Reid, Scottish politician
- September 22, 1954 – Shari Belafonte, American actress and singer
- October 3, 1954 – Eddie DeGarmo, American singer-songwriter, keyboard player, and producer (DeGarmo and Key)