The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2021. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Curious about this Empyrean Delight? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Historical Events Of 1954
- January 10, 1954 – BOAC Flight 781, a de Havilland DH.106 Comet 1, explodes and falls into the Tyrrhenian Sea killing 35 people.
- January 20, 1954 – In the United States, the National Negro Network is established with 40 charter member radio stations.
- February 3, 1954 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Horse in Chinese astrology.
- April 19, 1954 – The Constituent Assembly of Pakistan recognises Urdu and Bengali as the national languages of Pakistan.
- April 26, 1954 – The Geneva Conference, an effort to restore peace in Indochina and Korea, begins.
- June 27, 1954 – The 1954 FIFA World Cup quarterfinal match between Hungary and Brazil, highly anticipated to be exciting, instead turns violent, with three players ejected and further fighting continuing after the game.
- July 21, 1954 – First Indochina War: The Geneva Conference partitions Vietnam into North Vietnam and South Vietnam.
- August 24, 1954 – Getúlio Dornelles Vargas, president of Brazil, commits suicide and is succeeded by João Café Filho.
- October 24, 1954 – Dwight D. Eisenhower pledges United States support to South Vietnam.
- November 30, 1954 – In Sylacauga, Alabama, United States, the Hodges meteorite crashes through a roof and hits a woman taking an afternoon nap. This is the only documented case in the Western Hemisphere of a human being hit by a rock from space.
Who Were Born On 1954?
- February 17, 1954 – Miki Berkovich, Israeli basketball player
- April 17, 1954 – Lester Square, Canadian guitarist (The Monochrome Set and Adam and the Ants)
- May 7, 1954 – Philippe Geluck, Belgian cartoonist
- May 26, 1954 – Danny Rolling, American serial killer (d. 2006)
- July 15, 1954 – Giorgos Kaminis, American-Greek lawyer and politician, 78th Mayor of Athens
- November 3, 1954 – Adam Ant, English singer-songwriter and actor (Adam and the Ants)
- November 19, 1954 – Réjean Lemelin, Canadian ice hockey player and coach
- December 1, 1954 – François Van der Elst, Belgian footballer
- December 18, 1954 – Ray Liotta, American actor, singer, and producer
- December 26, 1954 – Peter Hillary, New Zealand mountaineer and philanthropist