The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2033. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Steven’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
Historical Events Of 1955
- January 24, 1955 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Sheep in Chinese astrology.
- April 3, 1955 – The American Civil Liberties Union announces it will defend Allen Ginsberg’s book Howl against obscenity charges.
- April 11, 1955 – The Air India Kashmir Princess is bombed and crashes in a failed assassination attempt on Zhou Enlai by the Kuomintang.
- April 23, 1955 – The Canadian Labour Congress is formed by the merger of the Trades and Labour Congress of Canada and the Canadian Congress of Labour.
- May 25, 1955 – In the United States, a night-time F5 tornado strikes the small city of Udall, Kansas, killing 80 and injuring 273. It is the deadliest tornado to ever occur in the state and the 23rd deadliest in the U.S.
- August 7, 1955 – Tokyo Telecommunications Engineering, the precursor to Sony, sells its first transistor radios in Japan.
- August 28, 1955 – Black teenager Emmett Till is brutally murdered in Mississippi, galvanizing the nascent American Civil Rights Movement.
- September 25, 1955 – The Royal Jordanian Air Force is founded.
- October 5, 1955 – Disneyland Hotel opens to the public in Anaheim, California.
Who Were Born On 1955?
- March 24, 1955 – Pat Price, Canadian ice hockey player and coach
- March 27, 1955 – Ion-Aurel Stanciu, Romanian general
- April 5, 1955 – Anthony Horowitz, English author and screenwriter
- June 24, 1955 – Betsy Randle, American actress
- September 4, 1955 – David Broza, Israeli singer-songwriter and guitarist
- November 7, 1955 – Kitty Margolis, American singer and producer
- November 23, 1955 – Steven Brust, American singer-songwriter, drummer, and author (Cats Laughing)
- December 4, 1955 – Cassandra Wilson, American singer-songwriter and producer (M-Base)
- December 16, 1955 – Xander Berkeley, American actor and producer
- December 24, 1955 – Clarence Gilyard, American actor and educator