The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2022. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Franklin’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
Historical Events Of 1955
- January 7, 1955 – Contralto Marian Anderson becomes the first person of color to perform at the Metropolitan Opera in Giuseppe Verdi’s Un ballo in maschera.
- January 24, 1955 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Sheep in Chinese astrology.
- March 2, 1955 – Norodom Sihanouk, king of Cambodia, abdicates the throne in favor of his father, Norodom Suramarit.
- April 24, 1955 – The Bandung Conference ends: Twenty-nine non-aligned nations of Asia and Africa finish a meeting that condemns colonialism, racism, and the Cold War.
- May 2, 1955 – Tennessee Williams wins the Pulitzer Prize for Drama for Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.
- May 12, 1955 – Austria regains its independence as the Allied occupation following World War II ends.
- July 15, 1955 – Eighteen Nobel laureates sign the Mainau Declaration against nuclear weapons, later co-signed by thirty-four others.
- September 8, 1955 – United Nations Security Council Resolution 108 is adopted.
- September 16, 1955 – A Soviet Navy Zulu-class submarine becomes the first to launch a ballistic missile.
- October 7, 1955 – American poet Allen Ginsberg performs his poem Howl for the first time at the Six Gallery in San Francisco.
Who Were Born On 1955?
- January 30, 1955 – Curtis Strange, American golfer and sportscaster
- January 31, 1955 – Virginia Ruzici, Romanian tennis player and manager
- April 16, 1955 – Bruce Bochy, American baseball player and manager
- June 26, 1955 – Mick Jones, English singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Clash, Big Audio Dynamite, General Public, Carbon/Silicon, and London SS)
- July 22, 1955 – Willem Dafoe, American actor
- August 16, 1955 – James Reilly, Irish surgeon and politician, Minister for Children and Youth Affairs
- September 3, 1955 – Steve Jones, English singer-songwriter, guitarist, and actor (Sex Pistols, The Professionals, and Neurotic Outsiders)
- September 18, 1955 – Keith Morris, American singer-songwriter (Black Flag, Circle Jerks, and Off!)
- October 9, 1955 – Steve Ovett, English runner and sportscaster
- November 27, 1955 – Bill Nye, American engineer, educator, and television host