The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2022. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Bianca’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
Historical Events Of 1955
- January 24, 1955 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Sheep in Chinese astrology.
- April 1, 1955 – The EOKA rebellion against the British Empire begins in Cyprus, with the goal of obtaining the desired unification (“enosis”) with Greece.
- May 9, 1955 – Cold War: West Germany joins NATO.
- May 12, 1955 – Nineteen days after bus workers went on strike in Singapore, rioting breaks out and seriously impacts Singapore’s bid for independence.
- June 13, 1955 – Mir mine, the first diamond mine in the USSR, is discovered.
- July 28, 1955 – The Union Mundial pro Interlingua is founded at the first Interlingua congress in Tours, France.
- October 26, 1955 – After the last Allied troops have left the country and following the provisions of the Austrian Independence Treaty, Austria declares permanent neutrality.
- November 1, 1955 – The bombing of United Airlines Flight 629 occurs near Longmont, Colorado, killing all 39 passengers and five crew members aboard the Douglas DC-6B airliner.
- November 19, 1955 – National Review publishes its first issue.
- December 5, 1955 – The American Federation of Labor and the Congress of Industrial Organizations merge and form the AFL–CIO.
Who Were Born On 1955?
- January 22, 1955 – Timothy R. Ferguson, American politician
- March 11, 1955 – Yehuda Weisenstein, Israeli fencer
- April 7, 1955 – Werner Stocker, German actor (d. 1993)
- May 16, 1955 – Páidí Ó Sé, Irish footballer and manager (d. 2012)
- May 31, 1955 – Ben de Lisi, American fashion designer
- July 22, 1955 – Richard J. Corman, American businessman, founded the R.J. Corman Railroad Group (d. 2013)
- September 28, 1955 – Stéphane Dion, Canadian sociologist and politician, 15th Canadian Minister of the Environment
- October 18, 1955 – Timmy Mallett, English radio and television host
- November 21, 1955 – Cedric Maxwell, American basketball player, coach, and sportscaster
- November 24, 1955 – Takashi Yuasa, Japanese lawyer and author