The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2022. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Frankie’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
Historical Events Of 1955
- January 24, 1955 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Sheep in Chinese astrology.
- April 3, 1955 – The American Civil Liberties Union announces it will defend Allen Ginsberg’s book Howl against obscenity charges.
- May 2, 1955 – Tennessee Williams wins the Pulitzer Prize for Drama for Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.
- May 5, 1955 – West Germany gains full sovereignty.
- May 18, 1955 – Operation Passage to Freedom, the evacuation of 310,000 Vietnamese civilians, soldiers and non-Vietnamese members of the French Army from communist North Vietnam to South Vietnam following the end of the First Indochina War, ends.
- June 11, 1955 – Eighty-three spectators are killed and at least 100 are injured after an Austin-Healey and a Mercedes-Benz collide at the 24 Hours of Le Mans, the deadliest ever accident in motorsports.
- June 13, 1955 – Mir mine, the first diamond mine in the USSR, is discovered.
- July 9, 1955 – The Russell–Einstein Manifesto is released by Bertrand Russell in London, England, United Kingdom.
- November 1, 1955 – The bombing of United Airlines Flight 629 occurs near Longmont, Colorado, killing all 39 passengers and five crew members aboard the Douglas DC-6B airliner.
- November 15, 1955 – The first part of Saint Petersburg Metro is opened.
Who Were Born On 1955?
- February 10, 1955 – Jim Cramer, American financier and author, co-founded TheStreet.com
- February 24, 1955 – Eddie Johnson, American basketball player
- April 26, 1955 – Mike Scott, American baseball player
- June 7, 1955 – William Forsythe, American actor and producer
- August 7, 1955 – Wayne Knight, American actor
- September 7, 1955 – Efim Zelmanov, Russian mathematician and academic
- October 18, 1955 – Denis Watson, Zimbabwean golfer
- November 18, 1955 – Carter Burwell, American composer and conductor
- December 19, 1955 – Rob Portman, American lawyer and politician
- December 20, 1955 – Ed Kuepper, German-Australian singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Saints, Laughing Clowns, and The Apartments)