The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2022. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1955
- January 24, 1955 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Sheep in Chinese astrology.
- February 18, 1955 – Operation Teapot: Teapot test shot “Wasp” is successfully detonated at the Nevada Test Site with a yield of 1.2 kilotons. Wasp is the first of fourteen shots in the Teapot series.
- June 2, 1955 – The USSR and Yugoslavia sign the Belgrade declaration and thus normalize relations between both countries, discontinued since 1948.
- September 8, 1955 – United Nations Security Council Resolution 108 is adopted.
- September 22, 1955 – In the United Kingdom, the television channel ITV goes live for the first time.
- October 7, 1955 – American poet Allen Ginsberg performs his poem Howl for the first time at the Six Gallery in San Francisco.
- October 26, 1955 – Ngô Đình Diệm declares himself Premier of South Vietnam.
- November 1, 1955 – The bombing of United Airlines Flight 629 occurs near Longmont, Colorado, killing all 39 passengers and five crew members aboard the Douglas DC-6B airliner.
- November 5, 1955 – After being destroyed in World War II, the rebuilt Vienna State Opera reopens with a performance of Beethoven’s Fidelio.
- December 1, 1955 – American Civil Rights Movement: In Montgomery, Alabama, seamstress Rosa Parks refuses to give up her bus seat to a white man and is arrested for violating the city’s racial segregation laws, an incident which leads to the Montgomery Bus Boycott.
Who Were Born On 1955?
- February 24, 1955 – Steve Jobs, American businessman, co-founded Apple Inc. and Pixar (d. 2011)
- March 7, 1955 – Michael Chance, English singer
- May 22, 1955 – Jerry Dammers, Indian-English keyboard player and songwriter (The Specials)
- June 2, 1955 – Michael Steele, American singer-songwriter and bass player (The Bangles and The Runaways)
- July 22, 1955 – Richard J. Corman, American businessman, founded the R.J. Corman Railroad Group (d. 2013)
- July 29, 1955 – Stephen Timms, English politician, Minister of State for Competitiveness
- November 5, 1955 – Karan Thapar, Indian journalist and author
- November 6, 1955 – Alton Coleman, American serial killer (d. 2002)
- November 25, 1955 – Don Hahn, American director and producer
- December 15, 1955 – Hector Sants, English banker