The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2022. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Holly’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
Historical Events Of 1955
- January 24, 1955 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Sheep in Chinese astrology.
- April 11, 1955 – The Air India Kashmir Princess is bombed and crashes in a failed assassination attempt on Zhou Enlai by the Kuomintang.
- April 23, 1955 – The Canadian Labour Congress is formed by the merger of the Trades and Labour Congress of Canada and the Canadian Congress of Labour.
- May 5, 1955 – West Germany gains full sovereignty.
- May 9, 1955 – Cold War: West Germany joins NATO.
- May 25, 1955 – In the United States, a night-time F5 tornado strikes the small city of Udall, Kansas, killing 80 and injuring 273. It is the deadliest tornado to ever occur in the state and the 23rd deadliest in the U.S.
- August 19, 1955 – In the Northeast United States, severe flooding caused by Hurricane Diane, claims 200 lives.
- November 1, 1955 – The bombing of United Airlines Flight 629 occurs near Longmont, Colorado, killing all 39 passengers and five crew members aboard the Douglas DC-6B airliner.
- December 1, 1955 – American Civil Rights Movement: In Montgomery, Alabama, seamstress Rosa Parks refuses to give up her bus seat to a white man and is arrested for violating the city’s racial segregation laws, an incident which leads to the Montgomery Bus Boycott.
- December 24, 1955 – NORAD Tracks Santa for the first time in what will become an annual Christmas Eve tradition.
Who Were Born On 1955?
- March 2, 1955 – Dale Bozzio, American singer (Missing Persons)
- June 28, 1955 – Thomas Hampson, American opera singer
- July 5, 1955 – Tony Hadley, English footballer
- July 13, 1955 – Yoshitaka Tamba, Japanese actor
- August 22, 1955 – Chiranjeevi, Indian actor, producer, and politician
- September 28, 1955 – Kenny Kirkland, American pianist (d. 1998)
- October 2, 1955 – Philip Oakey, English singer-songwriter, keyboard player, and producer (The Human League)
- October 25, 1955 – Matthias Jabs, German guitarist and songwriter (Scorpions)
- December 19, 1955 – Lincoln Hall, Australian mountaineer and author (d. 2012)