The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2040. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get tips about your current relationship and how to improve it. Astrology reports to help you decide when to make yourself available for romantic or social activity. Get your love & romance reports or download free samples!
Historical Events Of 1956
- February 12, 1956 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Monkey in Chinese astrology.
- June 20, 1956 – A Venezuelan Super-Constellation crashes in the Atlantic Ocean off Asbury Park, New Jersey, killing 74 people.
- July 25, 1956 – Forty-five miles south of Nantucket Island, the Italian ocean liner SS Andrea Doria collides with the MS Stockholm in heavy fog and sinks the next day, killing 51.
- August 30, 1956 – The Lake Pontchartrain Causeway opens.
- September 13, 1956 – The IBM 305 RAMAC is introduced, the first commercial computer to use disk storage.
- October 21, 1956 – Mau Mau Uprising: Kenyan rebel leader Dedan Kimathi is captured by the British Army, signalling the ultimate defeat of the rebellion, and essentially ending the British military campaign.
- October 29, 1956 – The Tangier Protocol is signed: The international city Tangier is reintegrated into Morocco.
- November 1, 1956 – The Indian states Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, and Mysore State are formally created under the States Reorganisation Act.
- December 6, 1956 – A violent water polo match between Hungary and the USSR takes place during the 1956 Summer Olympics in Melbourne, against the backdrop of the 1956 Hungarian Revolution.
- December 12, 1956 – Beginning of the Irish Republican Army’s “Border Campaign”.
Who Were Born On 1956?
- February 24, 1956 – Paula Zahn, American journalist and producer
- May 12, 1956 – Bernie Federko, Canadian ice hockey player, coach, and manager
- June 5, 1956 – Kenny G, American saxophonist, songwriter, and producer (The Love Unlimited Orchestra)
- June 24, 1956 – Michael Coleman, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 2014)
- July 8, 1956 – Terry Puhl, Canadian baseball player and coach
- July 16, 1956 – Tony Kushner, American playwright and screenwriter
- July 20, 1956 – Jim Prentice, Canadian lawyer and politician, 16th Premier of Alberta
- August 2, 1956 – Fulvio Melia, Italian-American physicist, astrophysicist, and author
- September 21, 1956 – Ricky Morton, American wrestler and trainer