The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2040. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1956
- February 12, 1956 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Monkey in Chinese astrology.
- February 14, 1956 – The 20th Congress of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union begins in Moscow. On the last night of the meeting, Premier Nikita Khrushchev condemns Joseph Stalin’s crimes in a secret speech.
- April 7, 1956 – Spain relinquishes its protectorate in Morocco.
- May 18, 1956 – First ascent of Lhotse 8,516 meters, by a Swiss team.
- July 26, 1956 – Following the World Bank’s refusal to fund building the Aswan Dam, Egyptian leader Gamal Abdel Nasser nationalizes the Suez Canal, sparking international condemnation.
- September 25, 1956 – TAT-1, the first submarine transatlantic telephone cable system, is inaugurated.
- November 3, 1956 – The Khan Yunis killings are perpetrated by the Israel Defense Forces in Egyptian-controlled Gaza, resulting in the deaths of 275 male Arabs.
- November 13, 1956 – The Supreme Court of the United States declares Alabama laws requiring segregated buses illegal, thus ending the Montgomery Bus Boycott.
- December 4, 1956 – The Million Dollar Quartet (Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins, and Johnny Cash) get together at Sun Studio for the first and last time.
- December 9, 1956 – Trans-Canada Air Lines Flight 810, a Canadair North Star, crashes near Hope, British Columbia, Canada, killing all 62 people on board.
Who Were Born On 1956?
- January 16, 1956 – Ivan Safronov, Russian journalist and engineer (d. 2007)
- February 20, 1956 – Annu Kapoor, Indian actor
- April 7, 1956 – Annika Billström, Swedish businessman and politician, 16th Mayor of Stockholm
- June 13, 1956 – Blair Chapman, Canadian ice hockey player
- July 13, 1956 – Claude Giroux, Canadian wrestler
- July 31, 1956 – Ernie Dingo, Australian actor and television host
- August 5, 1956 – Jerry Ciccoritti, Canadian actor, director, producer, and screenwriter
- September 3, 1956 – Stephen Woolley, English director and producer
- October 17, 1956 – Pat McCrory, American businessman and politician, 74th Governor of North Carolina
- October 23, 1956 – Akie Asaka, Japanese comedian and actress