The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2040. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1956
- February 12, 1956 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Monkey in Chinese astrology.
- February 14, 1956 – The 20th Congress of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union begins in Moscow. On the last night of the meeting, Premier Nikita Khrushchev condemns Joseph Stalin’s crimes in a secret speech.
- April 5, 1956 – Fidel Castro declares himself at war with Cuban President Fulgencio Batista.
- May 1, 1956 – A doctor in Japan reports an “epidemic of an unknown disease of the central nervous system”, marking the official discovery of Minamata disease.
- August 30, 1956 – The Lake Pontchartrain Causeway opens.
- September 9, 1956 – Elvis Presley appears on The Ed Sullivan Show for the first time.
- October 21, 1956 – Mau Mau Uprising: Kenyan rebel leader Dedan Kimathi is captured by the British Army, signalling the ultimate defeat of the rebellion, and essentially ending the British military campaign.
- October 29, 1956 – The Tangier Protocol is signed: The international city Tangier is reintegrated into Morocco.
- November 13, 1956 – The Supreme Court of the United States declares Alabama laws requiring segregated buses illegal, thus ending the Montgomery Bus Boycott.
- December 18, 1956 – Japan joins the United Nations.
Who Were Born On 1956?
- January 4, 1956 – Ann Magnuson, American actress and singer
- January 13, 1956 – Janet Hubert, American actress
- January 19, 1956 – Carman, American singer-songwriter, actor, and television host
- March 20, 1956 – Naoto Takenaka, Japanese actor, comedian, singer, and director
- March 27, 1956 – Leung Kwok-hung, Hong Kong activist and politician
- April 20, 1956 – Kakha Bendukidze, Georgian economist and politician, Georgian Minister of Economy (d. 2014)
- August 26, 1956 – Mark Mangino, American football player and coach
- September 21, 1956 – Marta Kauffman, American screenwriter and producer
- October 19, 1956 – Steve Doocy, American journalist and author
- December 8, 1956 – Andrius Kubilius, Lithuanian academic and politician, 9th Prime Minister of Lithuania