The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2040. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Ann’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
Historical Events Of 1956
- January 8, 1956 – Operation Auca: Five U.S. missionaries are killed by the Huaorani of Ecuador shortly after making contact with them.
- January 28, 1956 – Elvis Presley makes his first US television appearance
- February 12, 1956 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Monkey in Chinese astrology.
- March 1, 1956 – The International Air Transport Association finalizes a draft of the Radiotelephony spelling alphabet for the International Civil Aviation Organization.
- March 9, 1956 – Soviet forces suppress mass demonstrations in the Georgian SSR, reacting to Nikita Khrushchev’s de-Stalinization policy.
- April 19, 1956 – Actress Grace Kelly marries Prince Rainier of Monaco.
- June 29, 1956 – The Federal Aid Highway Act of 1956 is signed, officially creating the United States Interstate Highway System.
- July 16, 1956 – Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus closes its very last “Big Tent” show in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, due to changing economics all subsequent circus shows will be held in arenas.
- November 1, 1956 – The Springhill mining disaster in Springhill, Nova Scotia kills 39 miners; 88 are rescued.
- November 3, 1956 – The Khan Yunis killings are perpetrated by the Israel Defense Forces in Egyptian-controlled Gaza, resulting in the deaths of 275 male Arabs.
Who Were Born On 1956?
- January 31, 1956 – John Lydon, English singer-songwriter
- February 20, 1956 – Annu Kapoor, Indian actor
- April 4, 1956 – David E. Kelley, American screenwriter and producer
- May 1, 1956 – Phil Foglio, American illustrator
- July 20, 1956 – Jim Prentice, Canadian lawyer and politician, 16th Premier of Alberta
- October 20, 1956 – Danny Boyle, English director, producer, and screenwriter
- November 13, 1956 – Rex Linn, American actor
- December 5, 1956 – Brian Backer, American actor
- December 22, 1956 – Jane Lighting, English businesswoman
- December 28, 1956 – Nigel Kennedy, English violinist