The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2040. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1956
- February 12, 1956 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Monkey in Chinese astrology.
- March 2, 1956 – Morocco gains its independence from France.
- June 20, 1956 – A Venezuelan Super-Constellation crashes in the Atlantic Ocean off Asbury Park, New Jersey, killing 74 people.
- August 6, 1956 – After going bankrupt in 1955, the American broadcaster DuMont Television Network makes its final broadcast, a boxing match from St. Nicholas Arena in New York in the Boxing from St. Nicholas Arena series.
- October 8, 1956 – New York Yankees’s Don Larsen pitched the only perfect game in a World Series.
- October 14, 1956 – Dr. B. R. Ambedkar, the Indian Untouchable caste leader, converts to Buddhism along with 385,000 of his followers (see Neo-Buddhism).
- October 19, 1956 – The Soviet Union and Japan sign a Joint Declaration, officially ending the state of war between the two countries that had existed since August 1945.
- December 6, 1956 – A violent water polo match between Hungary and the USSR takes place during the 1956 Summer Olympics in Melbourne, against the backdrop of the 1956 Hungarian Revolution.
- December 9, 1956 – Trans-Canada Air Lines Flight 810, a Canadair North Star, crashes near Hope, British Columbia, Canada, killing all 62 people on board.
- December 12, 1956 – Beginning of the Irish Republican Army’s “Border Campaign”.
Who Were Born On 1956?
- March 20, 1956 – Catherine Ashton, English politician, Vice-President of the European Commission
- March 30, 1956 – Vladimir Denissenkov, Russian accordion player and composer
- May 6, 1956 – Roland Wieser, German race walker and coach
- May 27, 1956 – Giuseppe Tornatore, Italian director and screenwriter
- May 28, 1956 – Michael Musyoki, Kenyan runner
- July 12, 1956 – Mario Soto, Dominican baseball player
- August 2, 1956 – Fulvio Melia, Italian-American physicist, astrophysicist, and author
- August 18, 1956 – Jon Schwartz, American drummer and producer
- September 14, 1956 – Paul Allott, English cricketer and sportscaster
- September 23, 1956 – Paolo Rossi, Italian footballer