The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2040. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1956
- February 12, 1956 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Monkey in Chinese astrology.
- April 2, 1956 – As the World Turns and The Edge of Night premiere on CBS-TV. The two soaps become the first daytime dramas to debut in the 30-minute format.
- September 9, 1956 – Elvis Presley appears on The Ed Sullivan Show for the first time.
- September 25, 1956 – TAT-1, the first submarine transatlantic telephone cable system, is inaugurated.
- October 21, 1956 – Mau Mau Uprising: Kenyan rebel leader Dedan Kimathi is captured by the British Army, signalling the ultimate defeat of the rebellion, and essentially ending the British military campaign.
- October 23, 1956 – Thousands of Hungarians protest against the government and Soviet occupation. (The Hungarian Revolution is crushed on November 4).
- October 29, 1956 – Suez Crisis begins: Israeli forces invade the Sinai Peninsula and push Egyptian forces back toward the Suez Canal.
- November 1, 1956 – The Springhill mining disaster in Springhill, Nova Scotia kills 39 miners; 88 are rescued.
- November 7, 1956 – Suez Crisis: The United Nations General Assembly adopts a resolution calling for the United Kingdom, France and Israel to immediately withdraw their troops from Egypt.
- December 12, 1956 – Beginning of the Irish Republican Army’s “Border Campaign”.
Who Were Born On 1956?
- January 20, 1956 – Bill Maher, American comedian, actor, and television host
- February 29, 1956 – J. Randy Taraborrelli, American journalist and author
- April 18, 1956 – Melody Thomas Scott, American actress
- June 15, 1956 – Ava Cadell, Hungarian-American actress and therapist
- August 8, 1956 – David Grant, English singer (Linx)
- August 16, 1956 – Daniel Willems, Belgian cyclist
- September 2, 1956 – Angelo Fusco, Irish soldier
- October 8, 1956 – Jeff Lahti, American baseball player
- October 28, 1956 – Dave Wyndorf, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Monster Magnet)
- November 4, 1956 – Jordan Rudess, American keyboard player and songwriter (Dream Theater, Liquid Tension Experiment, and Dixie Dregs)