The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2040. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1956
- January 3, 1956 – A fire damages the top part of the Eiffel Tower.
- February 12, 1956 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Monkey in Chinese astrology.
- February 25, 1956 – In his speech On the Cult of Personality and Its Consequences, Nikita Khrushchev, leader of the Soviet Union denounces the cult of personality of Joseph Stalin.
- May 1, 1956 – The polio vaccine developed by Jonas Salk is made available to the public.
- May 20, 1956 – In Operation Redwing, the first United States airborne hydrogen bomb is dropped over Bikini Atoll in the Pacific Ocean.
- May 24, 1956 – Conclusion of the Sixth Buddhist Council on Vesak Day, marking the 2,500 year anniversary after the Lord Buddha’s Parinibbāna.
- October 8, 1956 – New York Yankees’s Don Larsen pitched the only perfect game in a World Series.
- October 14, 1956 – Dr. B. R. Ambedkar, the Indian Untouchable caste leader, converts to Buddhism along with 385,000 of his followers (see Neo-Buddhism).
- October 17, 1956 – Donald Byrne and Bobby Fischer play a famous chess game called The Game of the Century. Fischer beat Byrne and wins a Brilliancy prize.
Who Were Born On 1956?
- January 17, 1956 – Paul Young, English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Q-Tips)
- March 22, 1956 – Generosa Ammon, American wife of Daniel Pelosi (d. 2003)
- March 26, 1956 – Park Won-soon, South Korean lawyer and politician, 35th Mayor of Seoul
- April 6, 1956 – Michele Bachmann, American lawyer and politician
- July 15, 1956 – Wayne Taylor, South African race car driver
- July 20, 1956 – Paul Cook, English drummer (Sex Pistols, The Professionals, Chiefs of Relief, and Man Raze)
- October 11, 1956 – Derek Ringer, Scottish race car driver
- November 3, 1956 – Bob Welch, American baseball player and coach (d. 2014)
- November 7, 1956 – Mikhail Alperin, Ukrainian pianist (Moscow Art Trio)
- November 16, 1956 – Terry Labonte, American race car driver