The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2040. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1956
- January 1, 1956 – Sudan achieves independence from Egypt and the United Kingdom.
- February 12, 1956 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Monkey in Chinese astrology.
- May 18, 1956 – First ascent of Lhotse 8,516 meters, by a Swiss team.
- October 17, 1956 – The first commercial nuclear power station is officially opened by Queen Elizabeth II in Sellafield,in Cumbria, England.
- November 1, 1956 – In India, Kanyakumari district is joined to Tamil Nadu state from Kerala.
- November 7, 1956 – Suez Crisis: The United Nations General Assembly adopts a resolution calling for the United Kingdom, France and Israel to immediately withdraw their troops from Egypt.
- December 4, 1956 – The Million Dollar Quartet (Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins, and Johnny Cash) get together at Sun Studio for the first and last time.
- December 6, 1956 – A violent water polo match between Hungary and the USSR takes place during the 1956 Summer Olympics in Melbourne, against the backdrop of the 1956 Hungarian Revolution.
- December 18, 1956 – Japan joins the United Nations.
Who Were Born On 1956?
- January 2, 1956 – Jishu Dasgupta, Indian actor and director (d. 2012)
- January 9, 1956 – Waltraud Meier, German soprano and mezzo-soprano
- February 19, 1956 – Dave Wakeling, English singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Beat and General Public)
- March 29, 1956 – Patty Donahue, American singer (The Waitresses) (d. 1996)
- April 4, 1956 – David E. Kelley, American screenwriter and producer
- April 25, 1956 – Dominique Blanc, French actress, director, and screenwriter
- May 17, 1956 – Dave Sim, Canadian cartoonist and author
- May 20, 1956 – William Michaelian, American author and poet
- July 19, 1956 – Yoshiaki Yatsu, Japanese wrestler and mixed martial artist
- September 13, 1956 – Alain Ducasse, French-Moroccan chef