The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2040. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1956
- February 12, 1956 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Monkey in Chinese astrology.
- February 25, 1956 – In his speech On the Cult of Personality and Its Consequences, Nikita Khrushchev, leader of the Soviet Union denounces the cult of personality of Joseph Stalin.
- March 1, 1956 – The International Air Transport Association finalizes a draft of the Radiotelephony spelling alphabet for the International Civil Aviation Organization.
- March 15, 1956 – My Fair Lady debuts on Broadway at the Mark Hellinger Theatre.
- July 25, 1956 – Forty-five miles south of Nantucket Island, the Italian ocean liner SS Andrea Doria collides with the MS Stockholm in heavy fog and sinks the next day, killing 51.
- October 14, 1956 – Dr. B. R. Ambedkar, the Indian Untouchable caste leader, converts to Buddhism along with 385,000 of his followers (see Neo-Buddhism).
- December 9, 1956 – Trans-Canada Air Lines Flight 810, a Canadair North Star, crashes near Hope, British Columbia, Canada, killing all 62 people on board.
- December 12, 1956 – Beginning of the Irish Republican Army’s “Border Campaign”.
- December 19, 1956 – Irish-born physician John Bodkin Adams is arrested in connection with the suspicious deaths of more than 160 patients. Eventually he is convicted only of minor charges.
- December 28, 1956 – Chin Peng, David Marshall and Tunku Abdul Rahman meet in Baling, Malaya to try and resolve the Malayan Emergency situation.
Who Were Born On 1956?
- January 21, 1956 – Geena Davis, American actress and producer
- March 18, 1956 – Ingemar Stenmark, Swedish skier
- March 26, 1956 – Park Won-soon, South Korean lawyer and politician, 35th Mayor of Seoul
- April 19, 1956 – Anne Glover, Scottish biologist and academic
- April 29, 1956 – Ketil Stokkan, Norwegian singer-songwriter (Zoo)
- June 25, 1956 – Frank Paschek, German long jumper
- August 5, 1956 – Christopher Chessun, English bishop
- August 18, 1956 – John Debney, American composer and conductor
- September 8, 1956 – Stefan Johansson, Swedish race car driver
- December 29, 1956 – Fred MacAulay, Scottish comedian and radio host