The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2040. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1956
- January 28, 1956 – Elvis Presley makes his first US television appearance
- February 12, 1956 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Monkey in Chinese astrology.
- February 25, 1956 – In his speech On the Cult of Personality and Its Consequences, Nikita Khrushchev, leader of the Soviet Union denounces the cult of personality of Joseph Stalin.
- April 14, 1956 – In Chicago, videotape is first demonstrated.
- May 1, 1956 – A doctor in Japan reports an “epidemic of an unknown disease of the central nervous system”, marking the official discovery of Minamata disease.
- October 31, 1956 – Suez Crisis: The United Kingdom and France begin bombing Egypt to force the reopening of the Suez Canal.
- December 2, 1956 – The Granma reaches the shores of Cuba’s Oriente Province. Fidel Castro, Che Guevara and 80 other members of the 26th of July Movement disembark to initiate the Cuban Revolution.
- December 4, 1956 – The Million Dollar Quartet (Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins, and Johnny Cash) get together at Sun Studio for the first and last time.
- December 9, 1956 – Trans-Canada Air Lines Flight 810, a Canadair North Star, crashes near Hope, British Columbia, Canada, killing all 62 people on board.
Who Were Born On 1956?
- February 3, 1956 – Nathan Lane, American actor and singer
- April 15, 1956 – Michael Cooper, American basketball player and coach
- May 13, 1956 – Richard Madeley, English journalist and author
- May 15, 1956 – Peter Salmon, English television producer
- June 27, 1956 – Ted Haggard, American pastor, founded the Association of Life-Giving Churches
- July 11, 1956 – Robin Renucci, French actor and director
- August 12, 1956 – Sidath Wettimuny, Sri Lankan cricketer
- September 13, 1956 – Anne Geddes, Australian-New Zealand photographer and fashion designer
- September 17, 1956 – Thad Bosley, American baseball player and coach
- October 3, 1956 – Hart Bochner, Canadian actor, director, producer, and screenwriter