The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2040. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Historical Events Of 1956
- February 12, 1956 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Monkey in Chinese astrology.
- March 1, 1956 – The International Air Transport Association finalizes a draft of the Radiotelephony spelling alphabet for the International Civil Aviation Organization.
- April 5, 1956 – In Sri Lanka, the Mahajana Eksath Peramuna win the general elections in a landslide and S. W. R. D. Bandaranaike is sworn in as the Prime Minister of Ceylon.
- May 24, 1956 – Conclusion of the Sixth Buddhist Council on Vesak Day, marking the 2,500 year anniversary after the Lord Buddha’s Parinibbāna.
- June 5, 1956 – Elvis Presley introduces his new single, “Hound Dog”, on The Milton Berle Show, scandalizing the audience with his suggestive hip movements.
- July 16, 1956 – Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus closes its very last “Big Tent” show in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, due to changing economics all subsequent circus shows will be held in arenas.
- July 25, 1956 – Forty-five miles south of Nantucket Island, the Italian ocean liner SS Andrea Doria collides with the MS Stockholm in heavy fog and sinks the next day, killing 51.
- December 4, 1956 – The Million Dollar Quartet (Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins, and Johnny Cash) get together at Sun Studio for the first and last time.
- December 9, 1956 – Trans-Canada Air Lines Flight 810, a Canadair North Star, crashes near Hope, British Columbia, Canada, killing all 62 people on board.
- December 19, 1956 – Irish-born physician John Bodkin Adams is arrested in connection with the suspicious deaths of more than 160 patients. Eventually he is convicted only of minor charges.
Who Were Born On 1956?
- January 11, 1956 – Big Bank Hank, American rapper (The Sugarhill Gang) (d. 2014)
- February 8, 1956 – Dave Meros, American bass player (Spock’s Beard)
- February 23, 1956 – Brother Tom, Japanese singer
- February 26, 1956 – Keisuke Kuwata, Japanese singer-songwriter and producer (Southern All Stars)
- March 26, 1956 – Park Won-soon, South Korean lawyer and politician, 35th Mayor of Seoul
- May 7, 1956 – Nicholas Hytner, English director and producer
- September 2, 1956 – Paul Goodwin, English oboe player and conductor
- September 12, 1956 – Leslie Cheung, Hong Kong singer-songwriter and actor (d. 2003)
- October 11, 1956 – Nicanor Duarte, Paraguayan lawyer and politician, President of Paraguay
- October 16, 1956 – Rudra Mohammad Shahidullah, Bangladeshi poet, author, and playwright (d. 1992)