The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2040. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1956
- January 8, 1956 – Operation Auca: Five U.S. missionaries are killed by the Huaorani of Ecuador shortly after making contact with them.
- February 12, 1956 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Monkey in Chinese astrology.
- April 2, 1956 – As the World Turns and The Edge of Night premiere on CBS-TV. The two soaps become the first daytime dramas to debut in the 30-minute format.
- May 1, 1956 – A doctor in Japan reports an “epidemic of an unknown disease of the central nervous system”, marking the official discovery of Minamata disease.
- June 28, 1956 – in Poznań, workers from HCP factory go to the streets, sparking one of the first major protests against communist government both in Poland and Europe.
- October 19, 1956 – The Soviet Union and Japan sign a Joint Declaration, officially ending the state of war between the two countries that had existed since August 1945.
- October 29, 1956 – Suez Crisis begins: Israeli forces invade the Sinai Peninsula and push Egyptian forces back toward the Suez Canal.
- November 1, 1956 – The Springhill mining disaster in Springhill, Nova Scotia kills 39 miners; 88 are rescued.
- November 7, 1956 – Suez Crisis: The United Nations General Assembly adopts a resolution calling for the United Kingdom, France and Israel to immediately withdraw their troops from Egypt.
- December 12, 1956 – Beginning of the Irish Republican Army’s “Border Campaign”.
Who Were Born On 1956?
- January 1, 1956 – Mike Mitchell, American basketball player (d. 2011)
- January 11, 1956 – Big Bank Hank, American rapper (The Sugarhill Gang) (d. 2014)
- February 20, 1956 – Annu Kapoor, Indian actor
- February 28, 1956 – Jimmy Nicholl, Canadian-born Northern Ireland international footballer and manager
- March 21, 1956 – Ingrid Kristiansen, Norwegian runner
- May 4, 1956 – Charlotte Green, English radio and television host
- May 8, 1956 – Jeff Wincott, Canadian actor and martial artist
- July 1, 1956 – Takayuki Godai, Japanese actor
- September 12, 1956 – Leslie Cheung, Hong Kong singer-songwriter and actor (d. 2003)
- September 18, 1956 – Chris Hedges, American journalist and author