The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2019. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1957
- January 22, 1957 – The New York City “Mad Bomber”, George P. Metesky, is arrested in Waterbury, Connecticut and is charged with planting more than 30 bombs.
- January 31, 1957 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Rooster in Chinese astrology.
- February 1, 1957 – Felix Wankel’s first working prototype (DKM 54) of the Wankel engine runs at the NSU research and development department Versuchsabteilung TX in Germany
- February 3, 1957 – Senegalese political party Democratic Rally merges into the Senegalese Party of Socialist Action (PSAS).
- March 31, 1957 – Elections to the Territorial Assembly of the French colony Upper Volta are held. After the elections PDU and MDV form a government.
- May 12, 1957 – Alfonso de Portago crashes during the Mille Miglia, killing himself, his co-driver, Ed Nelson and ten spectators – five of whom were children.
- June 22, 1957 – The Soviet Union launches an R-12 missile for the first time (in the Kapustin Yar).
- October 4, 1957 – Space Race: Launch of Sputnik 1, the first artificial satellite to orbit the Earth.
- October 11, 1957 – Space Race: M.I.T. scientists calculate Sputnik 1's booster rocket’s orbit.
- November 17, 1957 – Vickers Viscount G-AOHP of British European Airways crashes at Ballerup after the failure of three engines on approach to Copenhagen Airport. The cause is a malfunction of the anti-icing system on the aircraft.
Who Were Born On 1957?
- January 24, 1957 – Mark Eaton, American basketball player and sportscaster
- February 6, 1957 – Kathy Najimy, American actress
- February 13, 1957 – Denise Austin, American fitness trainer and author
- February 28, 1957 – Ainsley Harriott, English chef and author
- March 15, 1957 – Víctor Muñoz, Spanish footballer and manager
- May 18, 1957 – Jane Root, English broadcaster and academic
- May 26, 1957 – Kristina Olsen, American singer-songwriter
- June 21, 1957 – Vladimir Romanovsky, Russian canoe racer (d. 2013)
- August 28, 1957 – Ai Weiwei, Chinese sculptor and activist
- November 5, 1957 – Mike Score, English singer-songwriter and keyboard player (A Flock of Seagulls)