The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2030. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Curious about this Raspberry Jelly Fruit? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Historical Events Of 1957
- January 31, 1957 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Rooster in Chinese astrology.
- March 13, 1957 – Cuban student revolutionaries storm the presidential palace in Havana in a failed attempt on the life of President Fulgencio Batista.
- April 24, 1957 – Suez Crisis: The Suez Canal is reopened following the introduction of UNEF peacekeepers to the region.
- June 9, 1957 – First ascent of Broad Peak by Fritz Wintersteller, Marcus Schmuck, Kurt Diemberger, and Hermann Buhl.
- June 21, 1957 – Ellen Fairclough is sworn in as Canada’s first female Cabinet Minister.
- June 27, 1957 – Hurricane Audrey makes landfall near the Texas–Louisiana border, killing over 400 people, mainly in and around Cameron, Louisiana.
- October 4, 1957 – Avro Arrow roll-out ceremony at Avro Canada plant in Malton, Ontario.
- October 10, 1957 – The Windscale fire in Cumbria, U.K. is the world’s first major nuclear accident.
- November 14, 1957 – The Apalachin Meeting outside Binghamton, New York is raided by law enforcement, and many high level Mafia figures are arrested.
- December 5, 1957 – Sukarno expels all Dutch people from Indonesia.
Who Were Born On 1957?
- January 15, 1957 – Andrew Tyrie, English journalist and politician
- January 30, 1957 – Polly Horvath, American-Canadian author
- March 3, 1957 – Stephen Budiansky, American historian, journalist, and author
- March 22, 1957 – Stephanie Mills, American actress and singer
- April 10, 1957 – Rosemary Hill, English historian and author
- April 11, 1957 – Michael Card, American singer-songwriter, guitarist, and radio host
- April 27, 1957 – Willie Upshaw, American baseball player and manager
- June 22, 1957 – Kevin Bond, English footballer and manager
- July 12, 1957 – Rick Husband, American colonel, pilot, and astronaut (d. 2003)
- December 8, 1957 – Phil Collen, English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Def Leppard, Girl, Man Raze, Tush, and Dumb Blondes)