The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2019. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Did you know? It takes as little as 8 hours of one-on-one tutoring to improve a full letter grade, according to a nationwide poll of private tutors. Click here to search for a tutor today! More than 80,000 tutors in 300+ subjects. (Sponsored link; US only)
Historical Events Of 1957
- January 9, 1957 – British Prime Minister Sir Anthony Eden resigns from office following his failure to retake the Suez Canal from Egyptian sovereignty.
- January 22, 1957 – Israel withdraws from the Sinai Peninsula.
- January 31, 1957 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Rooster in Chinese astrology.
- March 8, 1957 – Egypt re-opens the Suez Canal after the Suez Crisis.
- April 5, 1957 – In India, Communists win the first elections in united Kerala and E. M. S. Namboodiripad is sworn in as the first Chief Minister.
- April 24, 1957 – Suez Crisis: The Suez Canal is reopened following the introduction of UNEF peacekeepers to the region.
- April 30, 1957 – Supplementary Convention on the Abolition of Slavery entered into force.
- August 27, 1957 – Malaysia’s constitution comes into force.
- October 22, 1957 – Vietnam War: First United States casualties in Vietnam.
Who Were Born On 1957?
- January 17, 1957 – Ann Nocenti, American journalist and author
- April 4, 1957 – Nobuyoshi Kuwano, Japanese singer and trumpet player (Rats & Star)
- April 6, 1957 – Giorgio Damilano, Italian race walker and coach
- April 7, 1957 – Kim Kap-soo, South Korean actor
- May 17, 1957 – Pascual Pérez, Dominican baseball player (d. 2012)
- May 26, 1957 – François Legault, Canadian businessman and politician
- June 29, 1957 – María Conchita Alonso, Cuban-Venezuelan singer and actress
- August 14, 1957 – Peter Costello, Australian lawyer and politician, 35th Treasurer of Australia
- December 28, 1957 – Anne Sargeant, Australian netball player and sportscaster
- December 30, 1957 – Nick Skelton, English horse rider