The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2019. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
What is in store for you this year? Let these forecasts and predictions help you succeed in life. Benefit from life changing events and know when they occur. Make everyday activities easier to handle. Get your Forecast Reports or download free samples!
Historical Events Of 1957
- January 1, 1957 – George Town, Penang becomes a city by a royal charter granted by Elizabeth II.
- January 31, 1957 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Rooster in Chinese astrology.
- March 6, 1957 – Ghana becomes the first Sub-Saharan country to gain independence from the British
- March 9, 1957 – A magnitude 8.3 earthquake in the Andreanof Islands, Alaska triggers a Pacific-wide tsunami causing extensive damage to Hawaii and Oahu.
- May 3, 1957 – Walter O'Malley, the owner of the Brooklyn Dodgers, agrees to move the team from Brooklyn, to Los Angeles.
- July 6, 1957 – Althea Gibson wins the Wimbledon championships, becoming the first black athlete to do so.
- July 26, 1957 – Carlos Castillo Armas, dictator of Guatemala, is assassinated.
- September 29, 1957 – Twenty MCi (740 petabecquerels) of radioactive material is released in an explosion at the Soviet Mayak nuclear plant at Chelyabinsk.
- October 14, 1957 – At least 81 people are killed in the most devastating flood in the Spanish city of Valencia’s history.
- October 29, 1957 – Israel’s prime minister David Ben-Gurion and five of his ministers are injured when a hand grenade is tossed into Israel’s parliament, the Knesset.
Who Were Born On 1957?
- April 26, 1957 – Diane Hébert, Canadian medical patient (d. 2008)
- May 20, 1957 – Yoshihiko Noda, Japanese lawyer and politician, 62nd Prime Minister of Japan
- June 12, 1957 – Javed Miandad, Pakistani cricketer and coach
- June 13, 1957 – Mossie Carroll, Irish hurler and manager
- June 27, 1957 – John Bolaris, American meteorologist
- July 21, 1957 – Stefan Löfven, Swedish union leader and politician, 33rd Prime Minister of Sweden
- September 1, 1957 – Gloria Estefan, Cuban-American singer-songwriter and actress
- October 31, 1957 – Robert Pollard, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Guided by Voices)
- November 20, 1957 – Mike Craven, English footballer
- December 25, 1957 – Shane MacGowan, English-Irish singer-songwriter (The Pogues, The Nips, and Shane MacGowan and The Popes)