The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2019. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1957
- January 31, 1957 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Rooster in Chinese astrology.
- March 25, 1957 – The European Economic Community is established with West Germany, France, Italy, Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg as the first members.
- May 15, 1957 – At Malden Island in the Pacific Ocean, Britain tests its first hydrogen bomb in Operation Grapple.
- June 9, 1957 – First ascent of Broad Peak by Fritz Wintersteller, Marcus Schmuck, Kurt Diemberger, and Hermann Buhl.
- June 10, 1957 – John Diefenbaker leads the Progressive Conservative Party of Canada to a stunning upset in the Canadian federal election, 1957, ending 22 years of Liberal Party government.
- June 24, 1957 – In Roth v. United States, the U.S. Supreme Court rules that obscenity is not protected by the First Amendment.
- July 29, 1957 – The International Atomic Energy Agency is established.
- September 22, 1957 – In Haiti, François Duvalier is elected president.
- September 24, 1957 – President Dwight D. Eisenhower sends 101st Airborne Division troops to Little Rock, Arkansas, to enforce desegregation.
- October 10, 1957 – The Windscale fire in Cumbria, U.K. is the world’s first major nuclear accident.
Who Were Born On 1957?
- January 28, 1957 – Nick Price, South African-Zimbabwean golfer
- February 3, 1957 – Chico Serra, Brazilian race car driver
- March 10, 1957 – Osama bin Laden, Saudi Arabian terrorist, founded al-Qaeda (d. 2011)
- June 16, 1957 – Ian Buchanan, Scottish-American actor
- July 29, 1957 – Viktor Gavrikov, Lithuanian-Swiss chess player
- August 11, 1957 – Ian Stuart Donaldson, English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Skrewdriver) (d. 1993)
- September 25, 1957 – Vladimir Popovkin, Russian general (d. 2014)
- October 4, 1957 – Yngve Moe, Norwegian bass player and songwriter (Dance with a Stranger) (d. 2013)
- November 3, 1957 – Dolph Lundgren, Swedish actor, director, producer, screenwriter, and martial artist
- November 10, 1957 – Nigel Evans, Welsh politician, Shadow Secretary of State for Wales