The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2019. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1957
- January 23, 1957 – American inventor Walter Frederick Morrison sells the rights to his flying disc to the Wham-O toy company, which later renames it the “Frisbee”.
- January 31, 1957 – Eight people on the ground in Pacoima, California are killed following the mid-air collision between a Douglas DC-7 airliner and a Northrop F-89 Scorpion fighter jet.
- March 8, 1957 – The 1957 Georgia Memorial to Congress, which petitions the U.S. Congress to declare the ratification of the 14th and 15th Amendments to the U.S. Constitution null and void, is adopted by the U.S. state of Georgia.
- April 6, 1957 – Greek shipping tycoon Aristotle Onassis buys the Hellenic National Airlines (TAE) and founds Olympic Airlines.
- May 1, 1957 – Thirty-four people are killed when a Vickers Viking airliner crashes in Hampshire England.
- May 3, 1957 – Walter O'Malley, the owner of the Brooklyn Dodgers, agrees to move the team from Brooklyn, to Los Angeles.
- August 5, 1957 – American Bandstand, a show dedicated to the teenage “baby-boomers” by playing the songs and showing popular dances of the time, debuts on the ABC television network.
- September 17, 1957 – Malaysia joins the United Nations.
- December 16, 1957 – Sir Feroz Khan Noon replaces Ibrahim Ismail Chundrigar as Prime Minister of Pakistan.
Who Were Born On 1957?
- January 7, 1957 – Julian Solís, Puerto Rican boxer
- February 23, 1957 – Ria Brieffies, Dutch singer (Dolly Dots) (d. 2009)
- April 16, 1957 – Patricia De Martelaere, Belgian philosopher, author, and academic (d. 2009)
- May 29, 1957 – Mohsen Makhmalbaf, Iranian film director
- August 20, 1957 – Sorin Antohi, Romanian journalist and historian
- September 16, 1957 – Clara Furse, Canadian-English businesswoman
- October 4, 1957 – Russell Simmons, American businessman, founded Def Jam Recordings and Phat Farm
- November 15, 1957 – Harold Marcuse, American historian and educator
- November 27, 1957 – Michael A. Stackpole, American game designer and author
- November 28, 1957 – Peeter Järvelaid, Estonian historian and scholar