The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2030. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Scarlett’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
Historical Events Of 1957
- January 31, 1957 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Rooster in Chinese astrology.
- March 8, 1957 – The 1957 Georgia Memorial to Congress, which petitions the U.S. Congress to declare the ratification of the 14th and 15th Amendments to the U.S. Constitution null and void, is adopted by the U.S. state of Georgia.
- March 9, 1957 – A magnitude 8.3 earthquake in the Andreanof Islands, Alaska triggers a Pacific-wide tsunami causing extensive damage to Hawaii and Oahu.
- March 25, 1957 – United States Customs seizes copies of Allen Ginsberg’s poem “Howl” on obscenity grounds.
- June 22, 1957 – The Soviet Union launches an R-12 missile for the first time (in the Kapustin Yar).
- July 26, 1957 – Carlos Castillo Armas, dictator of Guatemala, is assassinated.
- August 1, 1957 – The United States and Canada form the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD).
- October 1, 1957 – First appearance of In God we trust on U.S. paper currency.
- October 29, 1957 – Israel’s prime minister David Ben-Gurion and five of his ministers are injured when a hand grenade is tossed into Israel’s parliament, the Knesset.
- November 3, 1957 – Sputnik program: The Soviet Union launches Sputnik 2. On board is the first animal to enter orbit, a dog named Laika.
Who Were Born On 1957?
- January 21, 1957 – Greg Ryan, German-American soccer player and coach
- February 9, 1957 – Terry McAuliffe, American businessman and politician, 72nd Governor of Virginia
- March 12, 1957 – Jerry Levine, American actor and director
- March 18, 1957 – Christer Fuglesang, Swedish physicist and astronaut
- April 14, 1957 – Lothaire Bluteau, Canadian actor
- May 15, 1957 – Kevin Von Erich, American football player and wrestler
- May 16, 1957 – Yuri Shevchuk, Russian singer-songwriter and guitarist (DDT)
- May 21, 1957 – Johann Carlo, American actress
- June 16, 1957 – Leeona Dorrian, Lady Dorrian, Scottish lawyer and judge
- December 4, 1957 – Eric S. Raymond, American computer programmer and author