The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2019. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
What is in store for you this year? Let these forecasts and predictions help you succeed in life. Benefit from life changing events and know when they occur. Make everyday activities easier to handle. Get your Forecast Reports here!
Historical Events Of 1957
- January 5, 1957 – In a speech given to the United States Congress, United States President Dwight D. Eisenhower announces the establishment of what will later be called the Eisenhower Doctrine.
- January 31, 1957 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Rooster in Chinese astrology.
- April 10, 1957 – The Suez Canal is reopened for all shipping after being closed for three months.
- June 24, 1957 – In Roth v. United States, the U.S. Supreme Court rules that obscenity is not protected by the First Amendment.
- July 25, 1957 – The Republic of Tunisia is proclaimed.
- August 27, 1957 – Malaysia’s constitution comes into force.
- September 5, 1957 – Cuban Revolution: Fulgencio Batista bombs the revolt in Cienfuegos.
- November 2, 1957 – The Levelland UFO Case in Levelland, Texas, generates national publicity.
- November 17, 1957 – Vickers Viscount G-AOHP of British European Airways crashes at Ballerup after the failure of three engines on approach to Copenhagen Airport. The cause is a malfunction of the anti-icing system on the aircraft.
- December 17, 1957 – The United States successfully launches the first Atlas intercontinental ballistic missile at Cape Canaveral, Florida.
Who Were Born On 1957?
- January 1, 1957 – Mark Hurd, American businessman
- February 14, 1957 – Alan Smith, English bishop
- March 4, 1957 – Edouard Vermeulen, Belgian fashion designer
- March 11, 1957 – The Lady Chablis, American drag queen performer
- May 21, 1957 – Nadine Dorries, English nurse and politician
- May 22, 1957 – Gary Sweet, Australian actor
- July 30, 1957 – Antonio Adamo, Italian director and cinematographer
- November 14, 1957 – Michael J. Fitzgerald, American author
- November 15, 1957 – Ray McKinnon, American actor and director
- November 27, 1957 – Ken Henry, Australian public servant