The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1958
- February 18, 1958 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Dog in Chinese astrology.
- February 22, 1958 – Egypt and Syria join to form the United Arab Republic.
- March 16, 1958 – The Ford Motor Company produces its 50 millionth automobile, the Thunderbird, averaging almost a million cars a year since the company’s founding.
- March 19, 1958 – The Monarch Underwear Company fire leaves 24 dead and 15 injured.
- May 12, 1958 – A formal North American Aerospace Defense Command agreement is signed between the United States and Canada.
- May 15, 1958 – The Soviet Union launches Sputnik 3.
- June 9, 1958 – Queen Elizabeth II officially opens London’s Gatwick Airport in Crawley, West Sussex, United Kingdom.
- July 14, 1958 – Iraqi Revolution: In Iraq the monarchy is overthrown by popular forces led by Abd al-Karim Qasim, who becomes the nation’s new leader.
- December 5, 1958 – The Preston By-pass, the UK’s first stretch of motorway, opens to traffic for the first time. (It is now part of the M6 and M55 motorways.)
- December 9, 1958 – The John Birch Society is founded in the United States.
Who Were Born On 1958?
- March 26, 1958 – Elio de Angelis, Italian race car driver (d. 1986)
- March 27, 1958 – Didier de Radiguès, Belgian race car driver and motorcycle racer
- May 12, 1958 – Andreas Petroulakis, Greek cartoonist
- July 10, 1958 – Béla Fleck, American banjo player and songwriter (Sparrow Quartet, New Grass Revival, Strength in Numbers, and Trio!)
- July 26, 1958 – Monti Davis, American basketball player (d. 2013)
- August 30, 1958 – Anna Politkovskaya, Russian journalist and activist (d. 2006)
- September 6, 1958 – Jeff Foxworthy, American comedian, actor, producer, and screenwriter
- September 19, 1958 – Richard Ridings, English actor
- October 9, 1958 – Alan Nunnelee, American lawyer and politician (d. 2015)
- December 25, 1958 – Rickey Henderson, American baseball player and coach