The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1958
- February 5, 1958 – A hydrogen bomb known as the Tybee Bomb is lost by the US Air Force off the coast of Savannah, Georgia, never to be recovered.
- February 18, 1958 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Dog in Chinese astrology.
- May 27, 1958 – The F-4 Phantom II makes its first flight.
- August 3, 1958 – The nuclear submarine USS Nautilus travels beneath the Arctic ice cap.
- August 31, 1958 – A parcel bomb sent by Ngô Đình Nhu, younger brother and chief adviser of South Vietnamese President Ngô Đình Diệm, fails to kill King Norodom Sihanouk of Cambodia.
- September 15, 1958 – A Central Railroad of New Jersey commuter train runs through an open drawbridge at the Newark Bay, killing 48.
- October 14, 1958 – The District of Columbia’s Bar Association votes to accept African-Americans as member attorneys.
- October 23, 1958 – The Springhill Mine bump: An underground earthquake traps 174 miners in the No. 2 colliery at Springhill, Nova Scotia, the deepest coal mine in North America at the time. By November 1, rescuers from around the world had dug out 100 of the victims, marking the death toll at 74.
- October 26, 1958 – Pan American Airways makes the first commercial flight of the Boeing 707 from New York City to Paris, France.
- December 23, 1958 – Dedication of Tokyo Tower, the world’s highest self-supporting iron tower.
Who Were Born On 1958?
- January 5, 1958 – Marvin Lee Wilson, American murderer (d. 2012)
- January 16, 1958 – Lena Ek, Swedish politician, 9th Swedish Minister for the Environment
- February 1, 1958 – Eleanor Laing, Scottish lawyer and politician
- July 16, 1958 – Pierre Roland Renoir, Monacan-Canadian painter
- July 25, 1958 – Thurston Moore, American singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer (Sonic Youth, Ciccone Youth, The Coachmen, and Dim Stars)
- July 27, 1958 – Kimmo Hakola, Finnish composer
- July 29, 1958 – Simon Nye, English screenwriter and producer
- November 5, 1958 – Don Falcone, American keyboard player, songwriter, and producer (Spirits Burning)
- November 22, 1958 – Lee Guetterman, American baseball player
- December 20, 1958 – Doug Nordquist, American high jumper