The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Peter’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
Historical Events Of 1958
- January 3, 1958 – The West Indies Federation is formed.
- February 5, 1958 – Gamal Abdel Nasser is nominated to be the first president of the United Arab Republic.
- February 18, 1958 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Dog in Chinese astrology.
- April 18, 1958 – A United States federal court rules that poet Ezra Pound be released from an insane asylum.
- May 9, 1958 – Film: Vertigo has world premiere in San Francisco.
- May 15, 1958 – The Soviet Union launches Sputnik 3.
- July 9, 1958 – Lituya Bay is hit by a megatsunami. The wave is recorded at 30 to 91 meters high, the largest in recorded history.
- August 5, 1958 – Herbert Hoover eclipses John Adams as having the longest retirement of any former U.S President until that time. Hoover would live another six years, his record 31 years 7 months 16 days retirement has since been eclipsed by Jimmy Carter.
- October 7, 1958 – The U.S. manned space-flight project is renamed Project Mercury.
- November 25, 1958 – French Sudan gains autonomy as a self-governing member of the French Community.
Who Were Born On 1958?
- January 4, 1958 – Andy Borowitz, American comedian and author
- February 6, 1958 – Barry Miller, American actor
- February 12, 1958 – Bobby Smith, Canadian ice hockey player and manager
- April 25, 1958 – Fish, Scottish singer-songwriter and actor (Marillion)
- May 4, 1958 – Keith Haring, American graffiti artist (d. 1990)
- June 26, 1958 – Riho Sibul, Estonian singer and guitarist (Ultima Thule and Propeller)
- July 3, 1958 – Siân Lloyd, Welsh meteorologist and journalist
- July 16, 1958 – Michael Flatley, American dancer, choreographer, and actor
- October 16, 1958 – Tim Robbins, American actor, director, and screenwriter
- October 21, 1958 – Andre Geim, Russian-English physicist and academic, Nobel Prize laureate