The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1958
- January 18, 1958 – Willie O'Ree, the first African Canadian National Hockey League player, makes his NHL debut with the Boston Bruins.
- February 5, 1958 – A hydrogen bomb known as the Tybee Bomb is lost by the US Air Force off the coast of Savannah, Georgia, never to be recovered.
- February 18, 1958 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Dog in Chinese astrology.
- February 28, 1958 – A school bus in Floyd County, Kentucky hits a wrecker truck and plunges down an embankment into the rain-swollen Levisa Fork river. The driver and 26 children die in what remains one of the worst school bus accidents in U.S. history.
- July 26, 1958 – Explorer program: Explorer 4 is launched.
- August 3, 1958 – The nuclear submarine USS Nautilus travels beneath the Arctic ice cap.
- August 5, 1958 – Herbert Hoover eclipses John Adams as having the longest retirement of any former U.S President until that time. Hoover would live another six years, his record 31 years 7 months 16 days retirement has since been eclipsed by Jimmy Carter.
- October 2, 1958 – Guinea declares its independence from France.
- October 11, 1958 – Pioneer program: NASA launches the lunar probe Pioneer 1 (the probe falls back to Earth and burns up).
- December 14, 1958 – The 3rd Soviet Antarctic Expedition becomes the first to reach the southern pole of inaccessibility.
Who Were Born On 1958?
- January 16, 1958 – Tony Pulis, Welsh footballer and manager
- April 7, 1958 – Brian Haner, American singer-songwriter and guitarist
- May 6, 1958 – Randall Stout, American architect, designed the Taubman Museum of Art (d. 2014)
- May 8, 1958 – Brooks Newmark, American-English businessman and politician, Lord of the Treasury
- June 16, 1958 – Darrell Griffith, American basketball player
- July 7, 1958 – Michala Petri, Danish recorder player
- July 18, 1958 – Chris Ruane, Welsh educator and politician
- August 7, 1958 – Bruce Dickinson, English singer-songwriter, guitarist, and actor (Iron Maiden and Samson)
- August 10, 1958 – Michael Dokes, American boxer (d. 2012)
- October 4, 1958 – Anneka Rice, Welsh radio and television host