The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1958
- January 13, 1958 – The Moroccan Army of Liberation ambushes a Spanish patrol in the Battle of Edchera.
- January 21, 1958 – The last Fokker C.X in military service, the Finnish Air Force FK-111 target tower, crashes, killing the pilot and winch-operator.
- January 31, 1958 – Explorer program: Explorer 1: The first successful launch of an American satellite into orbit.
- February 18, 1958 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Dog in Chinese astrology.
- April 4, 1958 – The CND peace symbol is displayed in public for the first time in London.
- July 1, 1958 – The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation links television broadcasting across Canada via microwave.
- July 9, 1958 – Lituya Bay is hit by a megatsunami. The wave is recorded at 30 to 91 meters high, the largest in recorded history.
- August 17, 1958 – Pioneer 0, America’s first attempt at lunar orbit, is launched using the first Thor-Able rocket and fails. Notable as one of the first attempted launches beyond Earth orbit by any country.
- September 2, 1958 – United States Air Force C-130A-II is shot down by fighters over Yerevan in Armenia when it strays into Soviet airspace while conducting a sigint mission. All crew members are killed.
- September 15, 1958 – A Central Railroad of New Jersey commuter train runs through an open drawbridge at the Newark Bay, killing 48.
Who Were Born On 1958?
- January 2, 1958 – Vladimir Ovchinnikov, Russian pianist and educator
- January 17, 1958 – Tony Kouzarides, English biologist, cancer researcher
- February 21, 1958 – Jake Burns, Irish singer-songwriter and guitarist (Stiff Little Fingers)
- April 15, 1958 – Memos Ioannou, Greek basketball player and coach
- June 8, 1958 – Cyril O'Reilly, American actor and producer
- July 30, 1958 – Daley Thompson, English decathlete and trainer
- September 10, 1958 – Chris Columbus, American director, producer, and screenwriter
- December 1, 1958 – Gary Peters, American lieutenant and politician
- December 4, 1958 – Tim Hutchings, English runner
- December 8, 1958 – Rob Curling, Malayan-English journalist