The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1958
- January 18, 1958 – Willie O'Ree, the first African Canadian National Hockey League player, makes his NHL debut with the Boston Bruins.
- January 31, 1958 – Explorer program: Explorer 1: The first successful launch of an American satellite into orbit.
- February 18, 1958 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Dog in Chinese astrology.
- March 17, 1958 – The United States launches the Vanguard 1 satellite.
- April 4, 1958 – The CND peace symbol is displayed in public for the first time in London.
- May 22, 1958 – Sri Lankan riots of 1958: This riot is a watershed event in the race relationship of the various ethnic communities of Sri Lanka. The total number of deaths is estimated to be 300, mostly Sri Lankan Tamils.
- May 24, 1958 – United Press International is formed through a merger of the United Press and the International News Service.
- December 1, 1958 – The Our Lady of the Angels School fire in Chicago kills 92 children and three nuns.
- December 5, 1958 – The Preston By-pass, the UK’s first stretch of motorway, opens to traffic for the first time. (It is now part of the M6 and M55 motorways.)
- December 9, 1958 – The John Birch Society is founded in the United States.
Who Were Born On 1958?
- January 13, 1958 – Francisco Buyo, Spanish footballer and manager
- January 16, 1958 – Lena Ek, Swedish politician, 9th Swedish Minister for the Environment
- January 26, 1958 – Ellen DeGeneres, American comedian, actress, and talk show host
- March 23, 1958 – Eldon Hoke, American drummer and singer (The Mentors and The Screamers) (d. 1997)
- May 30, 1958 – Michael López-Alegría, Spanish-American captain, pilot, and astronaut
- August 28, 1958 – Scott Hamilton, American figure skater and actor
- September 6, 1958 – Michael Winslow, American comedian, actor, producer, and screenwriter
- October 19, 1958 – Tiriel Mora, Australian actor
- October 20, 1958 – Dave Finlay, Irish-American wrestler and agent
- December 9, 1958 – Nick Seymour, Australian bass player, songwriter, and producer (Crowded House, Deadstar, and Tarmac Adam)