The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Mitchell’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
Historical Events Of 1958
- January 23, 1958 – After a general uprising and rioting in the streets, President Marcos Pérez Jiménez leaves Venezuela.
- February 18, 1958 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Dog in Chinese astrology.
- February 23, 1958 – Cuban rebels kidnap 5-time world F1 champion Juan Manuel Fangio.
- March 19, 1958 – The Monarch Underwear Company fire leaves 24 dead and 15 injured.
- April 5, 1958 – Ripple Rock, an underwater threat to navigation in the Seymour Narrows in Canada is destroyed in one of the largest non-nuclear controlled explosions of the time.
- April 13, 1958 – Cold War: American Van Cliburn wins the inaugural International Tchaikovsky Competition in Moscow.
- May 15, 1958 – The Soviet Union launches Sputnik 3.
- July 1, 1958 – The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation links television broadcasting across Canada via microwave.
- October 4, 1958 – Fifth Republic of France is established.
- October 11, 1958 – Pioneer program: NASA launches the lunar probe Pioneer 1 (the probe falls back to Earth and burns up).
Who Were Born On 1958?
- January 30, 1958 – Brett Butler, American actress and producer
- March 24, 1958 – Mike Woodson, American basketball player and coach
- April 18, 1958 – Thomas Simaku, Albanian-English composer
- May 17, 1958 – Paul Whitehouse, Welsh-English actor, producer, and screenwriter
- July 26, 1958 – Monti Davis, American basketball player (d. 2013)
- August 9, 1958 – James Lileks, American journalist and blogger
- September 30, 1958 – Marty Stuart, American singer-songwriter and guitarist
- October 28, 1958 – Ashok Chavan, Indian businessman and politician, 16th Chief Minister of Maharashtra
- November 24, 1958 – Margaret Curran, Scottish academic and politician, Shadow Secretary of State for Scotland
- December 1, 1958 – Alberto Cova, Italian runner