The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Jeff’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
Historical Events Of 1958
- January 18, 1958 – Willie O'Ree, the first African Canadian National Hockey League player, makes his NHL debut with the Boston Bruins.
- February 18, 1958 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Dog in Chinese astrology.
- March 27, 1958 – Nikita Khrushchev becomes Premier of the Soviet Union.
- March 31, 1958 – In the Canadian federal election, the Progressive Conservatives, led by John Diefenbaker, win the largest percentage of seats in Canadian history, with 208 seats of 265.
- April 18, 1958 – A United States federal court rules that poet Ezra Pound be released from an insane asylum.
- May 22, 1958 – Sri Lankan riots of 1958: This riot is a watershed event in the race relationship of the various ethnic communities of Sri Lanka. The total number of deaths is estimated to be 300, mostly Sri Lankan Tamils.
- June 16, 1958 – Imre Nagy, Pál Maléter and other leaders of the 1956 Hungarian Uprising are executed.
- October 4, 1958 – Fifth Republic of France is established.
- November 25, 1958 – French Sudan gains autonomy as a self-governing member of the French Community.
- December 11, 1958 – French Upper Volta and French Dahomey gain self-government from France, becoming the Republic of Upper Volta and the Republic of Dahomey (now Benin), respectively, and joining the French Community.
Who Were Born On 1958?
- February 21, 1958 – Jake Burns, Irish singer-songwriter and guitarist (Stiff Little Fingers)
- March 11, 1958 – Flemming Rose, Danish journalist and author
- March 27, 1958 – Parker Johnstone, American race car driver and sportscaster
- May 20, 1958 – Jane Wiedlin, American singer-songwriter, guitarist, and actress (The Go-Go’s and Frosted)
- June 11, 1958 – Barry Adamson, English singer and bass player (Visage, Magazine, and Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds)
- June 29, 1958 – Mark Radcliffe, English singer and radio host (Shirehorses and The Family Mahone)
- July 3, 1958 – Charlie Higson, English actor, singer, and author (The Higsons)
- September 19, 1958 – Kevin Hooks, American actor, director, and producer
- October 25, 1958 – Phil Daniels, English actor and singer
- November 19, 1958 – Terrence C. Carson, American actor and singer