The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1958
- February 18, 1958 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Dog in Chinese astrology.
- March 17, 1958 – The United States launches the Vanguard 1 satellite.
- March 26, 1958 – The United States Army launches Explorer 3.
- May 12, 1958 – A formal North American Aerospace Defense Command agreement is signed between the United States and Canada.
- July 25, 1958 – The African Regroupment Party (PRA) holds its first congress in Cotonou.
- August 17, 1958 – Pioneer 0, America’s first attempt at lunar orbit, is launched using the first Thor-Able rocket and fails. Notable as one of the first attempted launches beyond Earth orbit by any country.
- August 23, 1958 – Chinese Civil War: The Second Taiwan Strait Crisis begins with the People’s Liberation Army’s bombardment of Quemoy.
- November 12, 1958 – A team of rock climbers led by Warren Harding completes the first ascent of The Nose on El Capitan in Yosemite Valley.
- December 5, 1958 – Subscriber Trunk Dialling (STD) is inaugurated in the United Kingdom by Queen Elizabeth II when she speaks to the Lord Provost in a call from Bristol to Edinburgh.
- December 23, 1958 – Dedication of Tokyo Tower, the world’s highest self-supporting iron tower.
Who Were Born On 1958?
- January 12, 1958 – Christiane Amanpour, Iranian-British journalist
- January 25, 1958 – Dinah Manoff, American actress and director
- January 26, 1958 – Ellen DeGeneres, American comedian, actress, and talk show host
- January 29, 1958 – Linda Smith, English comedian and actress (d. 2006)
- April 6, 1958 – Graeme Base, Australian author and illustrator
- May 29, 1958 – Willem Holleeder, Dutch criminal
- August 2, 1958 – Shō Hayami, Japanese voice actor and singer
- September 4, 1958 – George Hurley, American drummer (Minutemen, Firehose, The Reactionaries, and Unknown Instructors)
- October 12, 1958 – Maria de Fátima Silva de Sequeira Dias, Portuguese historian, author, and academic (d. 2013)
- December 1, 1958 – Candace Bushnell, American journalist and author