The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2026. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Brittany’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
Historical Events Of 1959
- January 3, 1959 – Alaska is admitted as the 49th U.S. state.
- January 12, 1959 – The Caves of Nerja are rediscovered in Spain.
- January 22, 1959 – Knox Mine disaster: Water breaches the River Slope Mine near Pittston, Pennsylvania in Port Griffith; 12 miners are killed.
- February 8, 1959 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Pig in Chinese astrology.
- February 28, 1959 – Discoverer 1, an American spy satellite that is the first object intended to achieve a polar orbit, is launched. It failed to achieve orbit.
- June 3, 1959 – Singapore is declared a self-governing state even though it is still a part of the British Empire.
- July 24, 1959 – At the opening of the American National Exhibition in Moscow, U.S. Vice President Richard Nixon and Soviet Premier Nikita Khrushchev have a “Kitchen Debate”.
- September 16, 1959 – The first successful photocopier, the Xerox 914, is introduced in a demonstration on live television from New York City.
- September 18, 1959 – Vanguard 3 is launched into Earth orbit.
- October 2, 1959 – The anthology series The Twilight Zone premieres on CBS television.
Who Were Born On 1959?
- January 19, 1959 – Danese Cooper, American computer scientist and programmer
- February 18, 1959 – Bryan Brandenburg, French-American game designer and author
- February 28, 1959 – Megan McDonald, American librarian and author
- March 1, 1959 – Nick Griffin, English politician
- March 16, 1959 – Flavor Flav, American rapper and actor (Public Enemy)
- April 2, 1959 – Badou Ezzaki, Moroccan footballer and manager
- May 24, 1959 – Pelle Lindbergh, Swedish-American ice hockey player (d. 1985)
- July 16, 1959 – Gary Anderson, South African-American football player
- October 26, 1959 – Evo Morales, Bolivian soldier and politician, 80th President of Bolivia
- December 30, 1959 – Antonio Pappano, English pianist and conductor