The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2026. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
What is in store for you this year? Let these forecasts and predictions help you succeed in life. Benefit from life changing events and know when they occur. Make everyday activities easier to handle. Get your Forecast Reports or download free samples!
Historical Events Of 1959
- January 1, 1959 – Fulgencio Batista, dictator of Cuba, is overthrown by Fidel Castro’s forces during the Cuban Revolution.
- February 8, 1959 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Pig in Chinese astrology.
- March 10, 1959 – Tibetan uprising: Fearing an abduction attempt by China, 300,000 Tibetans surround the Dalai Lama’s palace to prevent his removal.
- July 21, 1959 – NS Savannah, the first nuclear-powered cargo-passenger ship, is launched as a showcase for Dwight D. Eisenhower’s “Atoms for Peace” initiative.
- September 12, 1959 – The Soviet Union launches a large rocket, Lunik II, at the moon.
- September 23, 1959 – The MS Princess of Tasmania, Australia’s first passenger roll-on/roll-off diesel ferry, makes her maiden voyage across Bass Strait.
- October 2, 1959 – The anthology series The Twilight Zone premieres on CBS television.
- November 19, 1959 – The Ford Motor Company announces the discontinuation of the unpopular Edsel.
- December 3, 1959 – The current flag of Singapore is adopted, six months after Singapore became self-governing within the British Empire.
- December 20, 1959 – Unknown attackers murder the Walker family in Osprey, Florida.
Who Were Born On 1959?
- January 16, 1959 – Lisa Milroy, Canadian painter and educator
- January 19, 1959 – Danese Cooper, American computer scientist and programmer
- April 2, 1959 – Yves Lavandier, French director and producer
- April 17, 1959 – Sean Bean, English actor
- June 5, 1959 – Werner Schildhauer, German runner
- August 3, 1959 – Koichi Tanaka, Japanese chemist and engineer, Nobel Prize laureate
- October 11, 1959 – Allan Little, Scottish journalist and author
- November 24, 1959 – Todd Brooker, Canadian skier and sportscaster
- November 25, 1959 – Charles Kennedy, Scottish journalist and politician (d. 2015)