The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2026. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1959
- February 3, 1959 – Deaths of rock and roll musicians Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, and J. P. “The Big Bopper” Richardson, in a plane crash near Clear Lake, Iowa.
- February 8, 1959 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Pig in Chinese astrology.
- March 18, 1959 – President Dwight D. Eisenhower signs a bill into law allowing for Hawaiian statehood, which would become official on August 21.
- March 28, 1959 – The State Council of the People’s Republic of China dissolves the government of Tibet.
- May 4, 1959 – The 1st Annual Grammy Awards are held.
- June 14, 1959 – Disneyland Monorail System, the first daily operating monorail system in the Western Hemisphere, opens to the public in Anaheim, California.
- October 7, 1959 – U.S.S.R. probe Luna 3 transmits the first ever photographs of the far side of the Moon.
- October 12, 1959 – At the national congress of APRA in Peru a group of leftist radicals are expelled from the party. They will later form APRA Rebelde.
- November 1, 1959 – Montreal Canadiens goaltender Jacques Plante wears a protective mask for the first time in an NHL game.
- November 23, 1959 – French President Charles de Gaulle declares in a speech in Strasbourg his vision for “Europe, from the Atlantic to the Urals”.
Who Were Born On 1959?
- February 22, 1959 – Jiří Čunek, Czech politician
- March 23, 1959 – Philippe Volter, Belgian actor and director (d. 2005)
- May 8, 1959 – Ikue Sakakibara, Japanese actress and singer
- July 16, 1959 – Gary Anderson, South African-American football player
- August 10, 1959 – Albert Owen, Welsh sailor and politician
- August 22, 1959 – Mark Williams, English actor and screenwriter
- September 20, 1959 – Meral Okay, Turkish actress, producer, and screenwriter (d. 2012)
- October 9, 1959 – Andy Atkins, English environmentalist
- October 10, 1959 – Julia Sweeney, American actress, producer, and screenwriter
- October 26, 1959 – Evo Morales, Bolivian soldier and politician, 80th President of Bolivia