The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2026. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1959
- February 8, 1959 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Pig in Chinese astrology.
- February 9, 1959 – The R-7 Semyorka, the first intercontinental ballistic missile, becomes operational at Plesetsk, USSR.
- March 24, 1959 – The Party of the African Federation is launched by Léopold Sédar Senghor and Modibo Keïta.
- June 14, 1959 – A group of Dominican exiles depart from Cuba and land in the Dominican Republic with the intent of overthrowing the totalitarian government of Rafael Trujillo. All but four are killed or executed.
- June 20, 1959 – A rare June hurricane strikes Canada’s Gulf of St. Lawrence killing 35.
- August 17, 1959 – Kind of Blue by Miles Davis, the much acclaimed and highly influential best selling jazz recording of all time, is released.
- September 12, 1959 – The Soviet Union launches a large rocket, Lunik II, at the moon.
- September 23, 1959 – Iowa farmer and corn breeder Roswell Garst hosts Soviet premier Nikita Khrushchev.
- November 1, 1959 – Montreal Canadiens goaltender Jacques Plante wears a protective mask for the first time in an NHL game.
- December 20, 1959 – Unknown attackers murder the Walker family in Osprey, Florida.
Who Were Born On 1959?
- January 1, 1959 – Andy Andrews, American tennis player
- April 19, 1959 – Teofisto Guingona III, Filipino lawyer and politician
- April 24, 1959 – Paula Yates, Welsh television host and author (d. 2000)
- May 24, 1959 – Pelle Lindbergh, Swedish-American ice hockey player (d. 1985)
- June 6, 1959 – Jimmy Jam, American keyboard player, songwriter, and producer (The Time)
- June 8, 1959 – Mohsen Kadivar, Iranian philosopher
- June 21, 1959 – Kathy Mattea, American singer-songwriter and guitarist
- August 11, 1959 – Gustavo Cerati, Argentinian singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer (Soda Stereo) (d. 2014)
- November 4, 1959 – Ken Kirzinger, Canadian actor and stuntman
- December 31, 1959 – Ron Bennington, American comedian and radio host