The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2026. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1959
- January 20, 1959 – The first flight of the Vickers Vanguard.
- February 8, 1959 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Pig in Chinese astrology.
- February 9, 1959 – The R-7 Semyorka, the first intercontinental ballistic missile, becomes operational at Plesetsk, USSR.
- April 8, 1959 – The Organization of American States drafts an agreement to create the Inter-American Development Bank.
- June 23, 1959 – Convicted Manhattan Project spy Klaus Fuchs is released after only nine years in prison and allowed to emigrate to Dresden, East Germany where he resumes a scientific career.
- July 1, 1959 – The Party of the African Federation holds its constitutive conference.
- August 3, 1959 – Portugal’s state police force PIDE fires upon striking workers in Bissau, Portuguese Guinea, killing over 50 people.
- August 21, 1959 – United States President Dwight D. Eisenhower signs an executive order proclaiming Hawaii the 50th state of the union. Hawaii’s admission is currently commemorated by Hawaii Admission Day
- December 29, 1959 – Physicist Richard Feynman gives a speech entitled “There’s Plenty of Room at the Bottom”, which is regarded as the birth of nanotechnology.
Who Were Born On 1959?
- January 29, 1959 – Michael Sloane, American actor, director, and screenwriter
- March 29, 1959 – Brad McCrimmon, Canadian ice hockey player and coach (d. 2011)
- April 17, 1959 – Li Meisu, Chinese shot putter
- May 5, 1959 – Brian Williams, American journalist
- May 14, 1959 – John Holt, American football player (d. 2013)
- June 1, 1959 – Martin Brundle, English race car driver and sportscaster
- June 4, 1959 – Georgios Voulgarakis, Greek politician, 21st Greek Minister for Culture
- August 9, 1959 – Michael Kors, American fashion designer
- November 14, 1959 – Chris Woods, English footballer, coach, and manager
- November 22, 1959 – Frank McAvennie, Scottish footballer