The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2026. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1959
- February 8, 1959 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Pig in Chinese astrology.
- March 28, 1959 – The State Council of the People’s Republic of China dissolves the government of Tibet.
- June 8, 1959 – The USS Barbero and United States Postal Service attempt the delivery of mail via Missile Mail.
- July 1, 1959 – The Party of the African Federation holds its constitutive conference.
- July 21, 1959 – Elijah Jerry “Pumpsie” Green becomes the first African-American to play for the Boston Red Sox, the last team to integrate. He came in as a pinch runner for Vic Wertz and stayed in as shortstop in a 2–1 loss to the Chicago White Sox.
- August 11, 1959 – Sheremetyevo International Airport, the second-largest airport in Russia, opens.
- September 23, 1959 – Iowa farmer and corn breeder Roswell Garst hosts Soviet premier Nikita Khrushchev.
- October 21, 1959 – In New York City, the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, designed by Frank Lloyd Wright, opens to the public.
- November 1, 1959 – In Rwanda, Hutu politician Dominique Mbonyumutwa is beaten up by Tutsi forces, leading to a period of violence known as the wind of destruction.
Who Were Born On 1959?
- February 11, 1959 – Bradley Cole, American actor
- March 20, 1959 – Sting, American wrestler and actor
- May 14, 1959 – Patrick Bruel, French actor, singer, and poker player
- July 9, 1959 – Kevin Nash, American wrestler and actor
- July 29, 1959 – Ruud Janssen, Dutch blogger and illustrator
- September 1, 1959 – Kenny Mayne, American football player and journalist
- September 10, 1959 – Peter Nelson, American actor and producer
- September 23, 1959 – Jason Alexander, American actor, singer, director, and producer
- September 28, 1959 – Steve Hytner, American actor and producer
- December 10, 1959 – Wolf Hoffmann, German guitarist (Accept)