The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2026. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1959
- January 20, 1959 – The first flight of the Vickers Vanguard.
- February 8, 1959 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Pig in Chinese astrology.
- March 18, 1959 – President Dwight D. Eisenhower signs a bill into law allowing for Hawaiian statehood, which would become official on August 21.
- March 28, 1959 – The State Council of the People’s Republic of China dissolves the government of Tibet.
- June 14, 1959 – A group of Dominican exiles depart from Cuba and land in the Dominican Republic with the intent of overthrowing the totalitarian government of Rafael Trujillo. All but four are killed or executed.
- June 20, 1959 – A rare June hurricane strikes Canada’s Gulf of St. Lawrence killing 35.
- June 23, 1959 – Convicted Manhattan Project spy Klaus Fuchs is released after only nine years in prison and allowed to emigrate to Dresden, East Germany where he resumes a scientific career.
- August 21, 1959 – United States President Dwight D. Eisenhower signs an executive order proclaiming Hawaii the 50th state of the union. Hawaii’s admission is currently commemorated by Hawaii Admission Day
- September 12, 1959 – Premiere of Bonanza, the first regularly scheduled TV program presented in color.
- December 3, 1959 – The current flag of Singapore is adopted, six months after Singapore became self-governing within the British Empire.
Who Were Born On 1959?
- February 18, 1959 – Jayne Atkinson, English actress
- April 26, 1959 – Thanasis Papakonstantinou, Greek singer-songwriter and bouzouki player
- May 1, 1959 – Yasmina Reza, French actress and playwright
- May 4, 1959 – Randy Travis, American singer-songwriter, guitarist, and actor
- May 14, 1959 – Heather Wheeler, English politician
- July 12, 1959 – Nagisa Katahira, Japanese actress
- July 16, 1959 – Doug Herzog, American businessman
- July 21, 1959 – Reha Muhtar, Turkish journalist
- September 12, 1959 – Scott Brown, American colonel and politician
- November 17, 1959 – William R. Moses, American actor and producer