The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2044. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1960
- January 1, 1960 – Cameroon achieves independence from France and the United Kingdom.
- January 6, 1960 – The Associations Law comes into force in Iraq, allowing registration of political parties.
- January 14, 1960 – The Reserve Bank of Australia, the country’s central bank and banknote issuing authority, is established.
- January 28, 1960 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Rat in Chinese astrology.
- April 19, 1960 – Students in South Korea hold a nationwide pro-democracy protest against president Syngman Rhee, eventually forcing him to resign.
- May 3, 1960 – The European Free Trade Association (EFTA) is established.
- May 13, 1960 – Hundreds of University of California, Berkeley students congregate for the first day of protest against a visit by the House Committee on Un-American Activities. Thirty-one students are arrested, and the Free Speech Movement is born.
- August 5, 1960 – Burkina Faso, then known as Upper Volta, becomes independent from France.
- September 22, 1960 – The Sudanese Republic is renamed Mali after the withdrawal of Senegal from the Mali Federation.
Who Were Born On 1960?
- March 6, 1960 – Sleepy Floyd, American basketball player and coach
- April 22, 1960 – Tatiana Thumbtzen, American actress, model, and dancer
- May 3, 1960 – Kathy Smallwood-Cook, English sprinter and educator
- May 24, 1960 – Kristin Scott Thomas, English-French actress and singer
- June 5, 1960 – Boris Dugan, Estonian footballer and coach
- July 4, 1960 – Roland Ratzenberger, Austrian race car driver (d. 1994)
- October 2, 1960 – Johan Lammerts, Dutch cyclist
- November 15, 1960 – Susanne Lothar, German actress (d. 2012)
- November 17, 1960 – Michael Hertwig, German footballer and manager
- December 5, 1960 – Osvaldo Golijov, Argentinian-American composer and educator