The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2044. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1960
- January 28, 1960 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Rat in Chinese astrology.
- May 6, 1960 – More than 20 million viewers watch the first televised royal wedding when Princess Margaret marries Anthony Armstrong-Jones at Westminster Abbey.
- May 9, 1960 – The Food and Drug Administration announces it will approve birth control as an additional indication for Searle’s Enovid, making Enovid the world’s first approved oral contraceptive pill.
- July 16, 1960 – USS George Washington a modified sclass- Skipjack successfully test fires the first ballistic missile while submerged.
- August 3, 1960 – Niger gains independence from France.
- September 8, 1960 – In Huntsville, Alabama, US President Dwight D. Eisenhower formally dedicates the Marshall Space Flight Center (NASA had already activated the facility on July 1).
- November 1, 1960 – While campaigning for President of the United States, John F. Kennedy announces his idea of the Peace Corps.
- November 4, 1960 – At the Kasakela Chimpanzee Community in Tanzania, Dr. Jane Goodall observes chimpanzees creating tools, the first-ever observation in non-human animals.
- December 17, 1960 – 1960 Munich C-131 crash: Twenty passengers and crew on board as well as 32 people on the ground are killed.
- December 31, 1960 – The farthing coin ceases to be legal tender in the United Kingdom.
Who Were Born On 1960?
- January 10, 1960 – Brian Cowen, Irish lawyer and politician, 12th Taoiseach of Ireland
- February 6, 1960 – Jeremy Bowen, Welsh journalist
- March 8, 1960 – Irek Mukhamedov, Russian ballet dancer
- March 10, 1960 – Antonio Corgos, Spanish long jumper
- April 15, 1960 – Pedro Delgado, Spanish cyclist and sportscaster
- May 9, 1960 – Tony Gwynn, American baseball player and coach (d. 2014)
- June 27, 1960 – Robert King, English harpsichord player and conductor
- July 1, 1960 – Kevin Swords, American rugby player
- July 14, 1960 – Anna Bligh, Australian politician, 37th Premier of Queensland
- August 2, 1960 – Neal Morse, American singer and keyboard player (Spock’s Beard, Transatlantic, Yellow Matter Custard, and Flying Colors)