The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2044. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1960
- January 6, 1960 – The Associations Law comes into force in Iraq, allowing registration of political parties.
- January 28, 1960 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Rat in Chinese astrology.
- February 3, 1960 – British Prime Minister Harold Macmillan speaks of “a wind of change”, an increasing national consciousness blowing through colonial Africa, signalling that his Government is likely to support decolonisation.
- February 8, 1960 – The first eight brass star plaques are installed in the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- April 25, 1960 – The United States Navy submarine USS Triton completes the first submerged circumnavigation of the globe.
- April 26, 1960 – Forced out by the April Revolution, President of South Korea Syngman Rhee resigns after twelve years of dictatorial rule.
- June 26, 1960 – The former British Protectorate of British Somaliland gains its independence as Somaliland.
- July 12, 1960 – Orlyonok, the main Young Pioneer camp of the Russian SFSR, is founded.
- August 11, 1960 – Chad declares independence.
- September 8, 1960 – In Huntsville, Alabama, US President Dwight D. Eisenhower formally dedicates the Marshall Space Flight Center (NASA had already activated the facility on July 1).
Who Were Born On 1960?
- May 6, 1960 – Lyudmila Andonova, Bulgarian high jumper
- June 15, 1960 – Marieke van Doorn, Dutch field hockey player and coach
- July 30, 1960 – Richard Linklater, American director and screenwriter
- August 4, 1960 – José Luis Rodríguez Zapatero, Spanish academic and politician, 5th Prime Minister of Spain
- August 14, 1960 – Sarah Brightman, English singer-songwriter and actress
- October 8, 1960 – Ralf Minge, German footballer and manager
- October 18, 1960 – Jean-Claude Van Damme, Belgian martial artist, actor, and producer, and screenwriter
- October 29, 1960 – Thorsten Schlumberger, German footballer
- December 29, 1960 – Katerina Didaskalou, Greek actress