The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2044. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Historical Events Of 1960
- January 28, 1960 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Rat in Chinese astrology.
- March 17, 1960 – U.S. President Dwight D. Eisenhower signs the National Security Council directive on the anti-Cuban covert action program that will ultimately lead to the Bay of Pigs Invasion.
- May 1, 1960 – Formation of the western Indian states of Gujarat and Maharashtra. Also known as “Maharashtra Day”.
- July 11, 1960 – To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee is first published, in the United States.
- August 12, 1960 – Echo 1A, NASA’s first successful communications satellite, is launched.
- August 19, 1960 – Cold War: In Moscow, Russia, Soviet Union, downed American U-2 pilot Francis Gary Powers is sentenced to ten years imprisonment by the Soviet Union for espionage.
- September 8, 1960 – In Huntsville, Alabama, US President Dwight D. Eisenhower formally dedicates the Marshall Space Flight Center (NASA had already activated the facility on July 1).
- September 18, 1960 – Fidel Castro arrives in New York City as the head of the Cuban delegation to the United Nations.
- November 8, 1960 – John F. Kennedy defeats Richard Nixon in one of the closest presidential elections of the twentieth century to become the 35th president of the United States.
- November 25, 1960 – The Mirabal sisters of the Dominican Republic are assassinated.
Who Were Born On 1960?
- January 5, 1960 – Otar Korghalidze, Georgian footballer and manager
- March 14, 1960 – Kirby Puckett, American baseball player (d. 2006)
- April 6, 1960 – Colin Reitz, English runner
- April 10, 1960 – Katrina Leskanich, American-English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Katrina and the Waves)
- May 14, 1960 – “Dr. Death” Steve Williams, American football player and wrestler (d. 2009)
- June 2, 1960 – Shaun Wallace, British television personality and barrister
- August 1, 1960 – Professor Griff, American rapper (Public Enemy and Confrontation Camp)
- September 16, 1960 – Graham Haynes, American trumpet player and composer
- October 2, 1960 – Tom Schweich, American lawyer and politician, 36th State Auditor of Missouri (d. 2015)
- October 20, 1960 – Lepa Brena, Bosnian singer and actress