The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2044. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Create unlimited collages for every occasion, big or small. Share online with animation and music, or print as heartfelt decor, keepsake cards, or frame-worthy gifts. Turn photos into art with Smilebox. It’s FREE - download now! (Sponsored link)
Historical Events Of 1960
- January 28, 1960 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Rat in Chinese astrology.
- February 13, 1960 – With the success of a nuclear test codenamed “Gerboise Bleue”, France becomes the fourth country to possess nuclear weapons.
- March 21, 1960 – Apartheid: Sharpeville massacre, South Africa: Police open fire on a group of unarmed black South African demonstrators, killing 69 and wounding 180.
- April 8, 1960 – The Netherlands and West Germany sign an agreement to negotiate the return of German land annexed by the Dutch in return for 280 million German marks as Wiedergutmachung.
- June 17, 1960 – The Nez Perce tribe is awarded $4 million for 7 e6acre of land undervalued at four cents/acre in the 1863 treaty.
- June 23, 1960 – The United States Food and Drug Administration declares Enovid to be the first officially approved combined oral contraceptive pill in the world.
- June 26, 1960 – The former British Protectorate of British Somaliland gains its independence as Somaliland.
- June 30, 1960 – Congo gains independence from Belgium.
- August 5, 1960 – Burkina Faso, then known as Upper Volta, becomes independent from France.
- November 3, 1960 – The land that would become the Great Swamp National Wildlife Refuge was established by an Act of Congress after a year-long legal battle that pitted local residents against Port Authority of New York and New Jersey officials wishing to turn the Great Swamp into a major regional airport for jet aircraft.
Who Were Born On 1960?
- March 25, 1960 – Haywood Nelson, American actor
- April 8, 1960 – Daniël Dekker, Dutch radio host
- May 29, 1960 – Neil Crone, Canadian actor
- June 1, 1960 – Sergey Kuznetsov, Russian footballer and manager
- August 25, 1960 – Ashley Crow, American actress
- August 30, 1960 – Ben Bradshaw, English journalist and politician, Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport
- September 11, 1960 – Hiroshi Amano, Japanese physicist and academic, Nobel Prize laureate
- September 21, 1960 – Sikandar Sanam, Pakistani actor and singer (d. 2012)
- October 2, 1960 – Joe Sacco, American journalist and cartoonist
- November 10, 1960 – Naomi Kawashima, Japanese actress and singer (d. 2015)