The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2044. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Tiffany’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
Historical Events Of 1960
- January 1, 1960 – Cameroon achieves independence from France and the United Kingdom.
- January 28, 1960 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Rat in Chinese astrology.
- April 8, 1960 – The Netherlands and West Germany sign an agreement to negotiate the return of German land annexed by the Dutch in return for 280 million German marks as Wiedergutmachung.
- May 1, 1960 – Cold War: U-2 incident: Francis Gary Powers, in a Lockheed U-2 spyplane, is shot down over the Soviet Union, sparking a diplomatic crisis.
- May 24, 1960 – Following the 1960 Valdivia earthquake, the largest ever recorded earthquake, Cordón Caulle begins to erupt.
- August 19, 1960 – Sputnik program: Korabl-Sputnik 2: The Soviet Union launches the satellite with the dogs Belka and Strelka, 40 mice, two rats and a variety of plants.
- August 20, 1960 – Senegal breaks from the Mali Federation, declaring its independence.
- September 29, 1960 – Nikita Khrushchev, leader of Soviet Union, disrupts a meeting of the United Nations General Assembly with a number of angry outbursts.
- November 25, 1960 – The Mirabal sisters of the Dominican Republic are assassinated.
- December 1, 1960 – Paul McCartney and Pete Best are arrested (and later deported) from Hamburg, Germany, after accusations of attempted arson.
Who Were Born On 1960?
- January 1, 1960 – Michael Seibert, American ice dancer and choreographer
- April 13, 1960 – Rudi Völler, German footballer and manager
- May 6, 1960 – John Flansburgh, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (They Might Be Giants and Mono Puff)
- May 31, 1960 – Peter Winterbottom, English rugby player
- June 12, 1960 – Mark Calcavecchia, American golfer
- August 7, 1960 – Jacquie O'Sullivan, English singer-songwriter (Bananarama and Shillelagh Sisters)
- August 17, 1960 – Stephan Eicher, Swiss singer-songwriter (Grauzone)
- September 28, 1960 – Frank Hammerschlag, German footballer and manager
- October 18, 1960 – Erin Moran, American actress and singer
- December 22, 1960 – Luther Campbell, American rapper and actor (2 Live Crew)