The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2044. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Curious about this Fifth Avenue Cake? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Historical Events Of 1960
- January 20, 1960 – Hendrik Verwoerd announces a plebiscite on whether South Africa should become a Republic.
- January 28, 1960 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Rat in Chinese astrology.
- April 1, 1960 – The TIROS-1 satellite transmits the first television picture from space.
- May 9, 1960 – The Food and Drug Administration announces it will approve birth control as an additional indication for Searle’s Enovid, making Enovid the world’s first approved oral contraceptive pill.
- May 11, 1960 – In Buenos Aires, Argentina, four Israeli Mossad agents capture fugitive Nazi Adolf Eichmann who is living under the alias of Ricardo Klement.
- June 23, 1960 – The United States Food and Drug Administration declares Enovid to be the first officially approved combined oral contraceptive pill in the world.
- July 11, 1960 – France legislates for the independence of Dahomey (later Benin), Upper Volta (later Burkina) and Niger.
- August 19, 1960 – Sputnik program: Korabl-Sputnik 2: The Soviet Union launches the satellite with the dogs Belka and Strelka, 40 mice, two rats and a variety of plants.
- September 29, 1960 – Nikita Khrushchev, leader of Soviet Union, disrupts a meeting of the United Nations General Assembly with a number of angry outbursts.
- November 3, 1960 – The land that would become the Great Swamp National Wildlife Refuge was established by an Act of Congress after a year-long legal battle that pitted local residents against Port Authority of New York and New Jersey officials wishing to turn the Great Swamp into a major regional airport for jet aircraft.
Who Were Born On 1960?
- January 29, 1960 – Greg Louganis, American diver and author
- March 11, 1960 – Robert Glenister, English actor and director
- March 23, 1960 – Haris Romas, Greek actor, composer, and screenwriter
- March 28, 1960 – Éric-Emmanuel Schmitt, French-Belgian author and playwright
- April 1, 1960 – Jennifer Runyon, American actress
- May 14, 1960 – “Dr. Death” Steve Williams, American football player and wrestler (d. 2009)
- August 8, 1960 – Mustafa Balbay, Turkish journalist and politician
- October 7, 1960 – Viktor Lazlo, French-Belgian singer
- November 15, 1960 – Dawn Airey, English broadcaster
- November 30, 1960 – Bob Tewksbury, American baseball player and coach