The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2044. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1960
- January 14, 1960 – The Reserve Bank of Australia, the country’s central bank and banknote issuing authority, is established.
- January 28, 1960 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Rat in Chinese astrology.
- February 8, 1960 – The first eight brass star plaques are installed in the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- February 26, 1960 – A New York-bound Alitalia airliner crashes into a cemetery in Shannon, Ireland, shortly after takeoff, killing 34 of the 52 persons on board.
- September 14, 1960 – Congo Crisis: With CIA help, Mobutu Sese Seko seizes power in a military coup, suspending parliament and the constitution.
- September 18, 1960 – Fidel Castro arrives in New York City as the head of the Cuban delegation to the United Nations.
- September 29, 1960 – Nikita Khrushchev, leader of Soviet Union, disrupts a meeting of the United Nations General Assembly with a number of angry outbursts.
- October 19, 1960 – Cold War: The United States government imposes a near-total trade embargo against Cuba, which remains in effect today.
- October 29, 1960 – In Louisville, Kentucky, Cassius Clay (who later takes the name Muhammad Ali) wins his first professional fight.
- November 28, 1960 – Mauritania becomes independent of France.
Who Were Born On 1960?
- March 25, 1960 – Brenda Strong, American actress and yoga instructor
- April 15, 1960 – Pedro Delgado, Spanish cyclist and sportscaster
- April 23, 1960 – Steve Clark, English guitarist and songwriter (Def Leppard) (d. 1991)
- June 26, 1960 – Mark Durkan, Irish politician, Deputy First Minister of Northern Ireland
- July 27, 1960 – Jo Durie, English tennis player and sportscaster
- August 16, 1960 – Timothy Hutton, American actor, producer and director
- September 17, 1960 – John Bottomley, Canadian singer-songwriter (d. 2011)
- October 11, 1960 – Randy Breuer, American basketball player
- December 2, 1960 – Justus von Dohnányi, German actor, director, and screenwriter