The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2023. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1961
- January 17, 1961 – Former Congolese Prime Minister Patrice Lumumba is murdered in circumstances suggesting the support and complicity of the governments of Belgium and the United States.
- January 23, 1961 – The Portuguese luxury cruise ship Santa Maria is hijacked by opponents of the Estado Novo regime with the intention of waging war until dictator António de Oliveira Salazar is overthrown.
- January 26, 1961 – John F. Kennedy appoints Janet G. Travell to be his physician. This is the first time a woman holds the appointment of Physician to the President.
- February 12, 1961 – Soviet Union launches Venera 1 towards Venus.
- February 15, 1961 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Ox in Chinese astrology.
- April 3, 1961 – The Leadbeater’s possum is rediscovered in Australia after 72 years.
- May 5, 1961 – The Mercury program: Mercury-Redstone 3: Alan Shepard becomes the first American to travel into outer space, on a sub-orbital flight.
- September 11, 1961 – Hurricane Carla strikes the Texas coast as a Category 4 hurricane, the second strongest storm ever to hit the state.
- September 17, 1961 – The world’s first retractable-dome stadium, the Civic Arena, opens in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- November 11, 1961 – Thirteen Italian Air Force servicemen, deployed to the Congo as a part of the UN peacekeeping force are massacred by a mob in the course of the Kindu atrocity.
Who Were Born On 1961?
- January 23, 1961 – Mas Selamat bin Kastari, Indonesian-Singaporean criminal
- February 25, 1961 – Davey Allison, American race car driver (d. 1993)
- May 11, 1961 – Luis Felipe, Cuban gang leader, founded the Latin Kings
- May 15, 1961 – Katrin Cartlidge, English actress (d. 2002)
- June 4, 1961 – El DeBarge, American singer-songwriter and producer (DeBarge)
- July 3, 1961 – Pedro Romeiras, Portuguese dancer and choreographer
- August 29, 1961 – Rodney McCray, American basketball player
- September 12, 1961 – Mylène Farmer, Canadian-French singer-songwriter, producer, and actress
- November 7, 1961 – Orlando Mercado, American baseball player and coach
- December 1, 1961 – Armin Meiwes, German cannibal and murderer