The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2023. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Historical Events Of 1961
- January 3, 1961 – A protest by agricultural workers in Baixa de Cassanje, Portuguese Angola, turns into a revolt, opening the Angolan War of Independence, the first of the Portuguese Colonial Wars.
- February 15, 1961 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Ox in Chinese astrology.
- March 9, 1961 – Sputnik 9 successfully launches, carrying a human dummy nicknamed Ivan Ivanovich, and demonstrating that Soviet Union was ready to begin human spaceflight.
- March 12, 1961 – First winter ascent of the North Face of the Eiger.
- March 30, 1961 – The Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs is signed in New York City.
- April 20, 1961 – Failure of the Bay of Pigs Invasion of US-backed Cuban exiles against Cuba.
- May 28, 1961 – Peter Benenson’s article The Forgotten Prisoners is published in several internationally read newspapers. This will later be thought of as the founding of the human rights organization Amnesty International.
- August 10, 1961 – First use in Vietnam War of the Agent Orange by the U.S. Army.
- September 11, 1961 – Hurricane Carla strikes the Texas coast as a Category 4 hurricane, the second strongest storm ever to hit the state.
- December 31, 1961 – RTÉ, Ireland’s state broadcaster, launches its first national television service.
Who Were Born On 1961?
- February 14, 1961 – Anthony J. Bryant, American historian and author (d. 2013)
- May 4, 1961 – Jay Aston, English singer-songwriter and dancer (Bucks Fizz)
- May 20, 1961 – Clive Allen, English footballer and manager
- June 16, 1961 – Steve Larmer, Canadian ice hockey player
- August 23, 1961 – Hitomi Takahashi, Japanese actress
- September 2, 1961 – Ron Wasserman, American singer-songwriter and producer (Fisher)
- October 12, 1961 – Chendo, Spanish footballer
- October 15, 1961 – Vyacheslav Butusov, Russian singer-songwriter and guitarist (Nautilus Pompilius)
- November 1, 1961 – Nicky Grist, Welsh race car driver
- December 13, 1961 – Irene Sáez, Venezuelan model and politician, Governor of Nueva Esparta