The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2023. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1961
- January 17, 1961 – U.S. President Dwight D. Eisenhower delivers a televised farewell address to the nation three days before leaving office, in which he warns against the accumulation of power by the “military–industrial complex” as well as the dangers of massive spending, especially deficit spending.
- February 15, 1961 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Ox in Chinese astrology.
- April 3, 1961 – The Leadbeater’s possum is rediscovered in Australia after 72 years.
- April 16, 1961 – In a nationally broadcast speech, Cuban leader Fidel Castro declares that he is a Marxist–Leninist and that Cuba is going to adopt Communism.
- May 16, 1961 – Park Chung-hee leads a coup d'état to overthrow the Second Republic of South Korea.
- May 24, 1961 – American civil rights movement: Freedom Riders are arrested in Jackson, Mississippi, for “disturbing the peace” after disembarking from their bus.
- May 25, 1961 – The Bukit Ho Swee Fire, the biggest fire in Singapore history.
- August 3, 1961 – The New Democratic Party of Canada is founded by the merger of the Co-operative Commonwealth Federation and the Canadian Labour Congress.
- September 1, 1961 – The first conference of the Non Aligned Countries is held in Belgrade.
- December 19, 1961 – India annexes Daman and Diu, part of Portuguese India.
Who Were Born On 1961?
- March 4, 1961 – Mahito Ōba, Japanese voice actor
- April 14, 1961 – Daniel Clowes, American cartoonist and screenwriter
- April 17, 1961 – Frank J. Christensen, American union leader
- July 23, 1961 – Martin Gore, English singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer (Depeche Mode and VCMG)
- August 20, 1961 – Alberto Zerain, Spanish mountaineer
- October 11, 1961 – Neil Buchanan, English guitarist and actor (Marseille)
- November 20, 1961 – Tim Harvey, English race car driver