The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2023. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1961
- February 15, 1961 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Ox in Chinese astrology.
- April 11, 1961 – The trial of Adolf Eichmann begins in Jerusalem.
- April 12, 1961 – The Soviet cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin becomes the first human to travel into outer space and perform the first manned orbital flight, Vostok 1.
- May 25, 1961 – The Bukit Ho Swee Fire, the biggest fire in Singapore history.
- July 12, 1961 – Pune floods due to failure of the Khadakwasla and Panshet dams. Half of Pune is submerged, more than 100,000 families need to be relocated and the death toll exceeds 2,000.
- August 1, 1961 – U.S. Defense Secretary Robert McNamara orders the creation of the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), the nation’s first centralized military espionage organization.
- September 1, 1961 – The first conference of the Non Aligned Countries is held in Belgrade.
- October 30, 1961 – Nuclear testing: The Soviet Union detonates the hydrogen bomb Tsar Bomba over Novaya Zemlya; at 50 megatons of yield, it remains the largest explosive device ever detonated, nuclear or otherwise.
- November 29, 1961 – Project Mercury: Mercury-Atlas 5 Mission – Enos, a chimpanzee, is launched into space. The spacecraft orbits the Earth twice and splashes down off the coast of Puerto Rico.
- December 17, 1961 – Niterói circus fire: Fire breaks out during a performance by the Gran Circus Norte-Americano in the city of Niterói, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, killing more than 500.
Who Were Born On 1961?
- January 26, 1961 – Wayne Gretzky, Canadian ice hockey player and coach
- February 21, 1961 – Martha Hackett, American actress
- March 25, 1961 – Reggie Fils-Aimé, American president of Nintendo of America
- June 12, 1961 – Kira Roessler, American singer and bass player (Black Flag and Dos)
- August 18, 1961 – Bob Woodruff, American journalist and author
- August 26, 1961 – Jeff Parrett, American baseball player
- October 8, 1961 – Simon Burke, Australian actor and producer
- October 11, 1961 – Steve Young, American football player and sportscaster
- October 18, 1961 – Gladstone Small, Barbadian-English cricketer
- December 3, 1961 – Adal Ramones, Mexican comedian, actor, and producer