The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2023. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1961
- January 3, 1961 – The United States severs diplomatic relations with Cuba over the latter’s nationalization of American assets.
- February 15, 1961 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Ox in Chinese astrology.
- March 1, 1961 – Uganda becomes self-governing and holds its first elections.
- April 25, 1961 – Robert Noyce is granted a patent for an integrated circuit.
- May 1, 1961 – The Prime Minister of Cuba, Fidel Castro, proclaims Cuba a socialist nation and abolishes elections.
- May 16, 1961 – Park Chung-hee leads a coup d'état to overthrow the Second Republic of South Korea.
- May 24, 1961 – Cyprus joins the Council of Europe.
- August 3, 1961 – The New Democratic Party of Canada is founded by the merger of the Co-operative Commonwealth Federation and the Canadian Labour Congress.
- December 2, 1961 – In a nationally broadcast speech, Cuban leader Fidel Castro declares that he is a Marxist–Leninist and that Cuba is going to adopt Communism.
- December 31, 1961 – RTÉ, Ireland’s state broadcaster, launches its first national television service.
Who Were Born On 1961?
- March 28, 1961 – Orla Brady, Irish actress
- April 16, 1961 – Linda Ruth Williams, British film studies academic
- April 27, 1961 – Andrew Schlafly, American lawyer and activist, founded Conservapedia
- April 28, 1961 – Anna Oxa, Italian singer and actress
- May 6, 1961 – Gina Riley, Australian actress, singer, producer, and screenwriter
- May 7, 1961 – Phil Campbell, Welsh guitarist and songwriter (Motörhead and Persian Risk)
- August 5, 1961 – Tawny Kitaen, American actress
- August 16, 1961 – Angela C. Smith, English academic and politician
- August 21, 1961 – Peter Slaghuis, Dutch DJ and producer (d. 1991)
- October 18, 1961 – Wynton Marsalis, American trumpet player, composer, and educator