The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2023. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
Historical Events Of 1961
- January 24, 1961 – Goldsboro B-52 crash: A bomber carrying two H-bombs breaks up in mid-air over North Carolina. The uranium core of one weapon remains lost.
- February 14, 1961 – Discovery of the chemical elements: Element 103, Lawrencium, is first synthesized at the University of California.
- February 15, 1961 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Ox in Chinese astrology.
- March 30, 1961 – The Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs is signed in New York City.
- May 14, 1961 – American civil rights movement: The Freedom Riders bus is fire-bombed near Anniston, Alabama, and the civil rights protesters are beaten by an angry mob.
- June 19, 1961 – Kuwait declares independence from the United Kingdom.
- July 12, 1961 – Pune floods due to failure of the Khadakwasla and Panshet dams. Half of Pune is submerged, more than 100,000 families need to be relocated and the death toll exceeds 2,000.
- August 22, 1961 – Ida Siekmann dies attempting to cross the Berlin Wall.
- September 18, 1961 – U.N. Secretary-General Dag Hammarskjöld dies in a plane crash while attempting to negotiate peace in the war-torn Katanga region of the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- October 18, 1961 – the initial European Social Charter is adopted.
Who Were Born On 1961?
- January 9, 1961 – Sandra Myers, American-Spanish sprinter
- January 10, 1961 – Nadja Salerno-Sonnenberg, Italian-American violinist, author, and educator
- January 18, 1961 – Mark Rylance, English actor, director, and playwright
- April 19, 1961 – Albert Martinez, Filipino actor, director, and producer
- May 14, 1961 – Alain Vigneault, Canadian ice hockey player and coach
- August 8, 1961 – Bruce Matthews, American football player and coach
- August 15, 1961 – Gary Kubiak, American football player and coach
- October 30, 1961 – Scott Garrelts, American baseball player
- November 4, 1961 – Steve Rotheram, English politician, Lord Mayor of Liverpool
- December 20, 1961 – Mike Keneally, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Dethklok)