The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2029. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Curious about this Golden Creme Sandwich? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Historical Events Of 1962
- January 10, 1962 – Apollo program: NASA announces plans to build the C-5 rocket launch vehicle. It became better known as the Saturn V Moon rocket, which launched every Apollo Moon mission.
- February 5, 1962 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Tiger in Chinese astrology.
- March 1, 1962 – American Airlines Flight 1 crashes on take off in New York.
- May 31, 1962 – The West Indies Federation dissolves.
- July 23, 1962 – The International Agreement on the Neutrality of Laos is signed.
- August 14, 1962 – Two gunmen hijacked a mail truck in Plymouth, Massachusetts, and made off with $1.5 million.
- August 30, 1962 – Japan conducts a test of the NAMC YS-11, its first aircraft since World War II and its only successful commercial aircraft from before or after the war.
- September 23, 1962 – The Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts opens in New York City.
- October 22, 1962 – Cuban Missile Crisis: US President John F. Kennedy, after internal counsel from Dwight D. Eisenhower, announces that American reconnaissance planes have discovered Soviet nuclear weapons in Cuba, and that he has ordered a naval “quarantine” of the Communist nation.
- December 9, 1962 – The Petrified Forest National Park is established in Arizona.
Who Were Born On 1962?
- February 24, 1962 – Outi Mäenpää, Finnish actress and screenwriter
- March 17, 1962 – Janet Gardner, American singer and guitarist (Vixen)
- June 8, 1962 – John Gibbons, American baseball player and manager
- June 23, 1962 – Kevin Yagher, American make-up artist
- July 13, 1962 – Rhonda Vincent, American singer-songwriter and mandolin player
- October 5, 1962 – Thomas Herbst, German footballer and manager
- October 6, 1962 – Rich Yett, American baseball player
- October 12, 1962 – Carlos Bernard, American actor and director
- November 28, 1962 – Paul Dinello, American actor, director, producer, and screenwriter
- December 13, 1962 – Rob Ryan, American football player and coach