The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2029. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Charlene’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
Historical Events Of 1962
- February 5, 1962 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Tiger in Chinese astrology.
- March 2, 1962 – Wilt Chamberlain sets the single-game scoring record in the National Basketball Association by scoring 100 points.
- March 13, 1962 – Lyman Lemnitzer, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, delivers a proposal, called Operation Northwoods, regarding performing terrorist attacks upon Guantanamo Bay Naval Base, to Secretary of Defense Robert McNamara. The proposal is scrapped and President John F. Kennedy removes Lemnitzer from his position.
- April 21, 1962 – The Seattle World’s Fair (Century 21 Exposition) opens. It is the first World’s Fair in the United States since World War II.
- July 11, 1962 – First transatlantic satellite television transmission.
- August 5, 1962 – Apartheid in South Africa: Nelson Mandela is jailed. He would not be released until 1990.
- August 31, 1962 – Trinidad and Tobago becomes independent.
- September 20, 1962 – James Meredith, an African American, is temporarily barred from entering the University of Mississippi.
- September 25, 1962 – The North Yemen Civil War begins when Abdullah al-Sallal dethrones the newly crowned Imam al-Badr and declares Yemen a republic under his presidency.
- December 2, 1962 – Vietnam War: After a trip to Vietnam at the request of U.S. President John F. Kennedy, U.S. Senate Majority Leader Mike Mansfield becomes the first American official to comment adversely on the war’s progress.
Who Were Born On 1962?
- January 22, 1962 – Sirous Ghayeghran, Iranian footballer and manager (d. 1998)
- February 13, 1962 – Baby Doll, American wrestler and manager
- February 17, 1962 – David McComb, Australian singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Triffids and The Blackeyed Susans) (d. 1999)
- March 3, 1962 – Glen E. Friedman, American photographer
- March 4, 1962 – Simon Bisley, English author and illustrator
- October 4, 1962 – Carlos Carsolio, Mexican mountaineer
- October 25, 1962 – Nick Hancock, English actor and screenwriter
- November 18, 1962 – Jamie Moyer, American baseball player and sportscaster
- November 19, 1962 – Dodie Boy Peñalosa, Filipino boxer and trainer
- November 29, 1962 – Andy LaRocque, Swedish guitarist, songwriter, and producer (King Diamond and Death)