The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2029. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Curious about this Blueberry Spiral? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Historical Events Of 1962
- February 5, 1962 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Tiger in Chinese astrology.
- March 1, 1962 – American Airlines Flight 1 crashes on take off in New York.
- May 27, 1962 – The Centralia mine fire is ignited in the town’s landfill above a coal mine.
- August 6, 1962 – Jamaica becomes independent from the United Kingdom.
- August 22, 1962 – An attempt to assassinate French president Charles de Gaulle fails.
- September 18, 1962 – Burundi, Jamaica, Rwanda and Trinidad and Tobago are admitted to the United Nations.
- October 5, 1962 – Dr. No, the first in the James Bond film series, is released.
- October 9, 1962 – Uganda becomes an independent Commonwealth realm.
- October 22, 1962 – Cuban Missile Crisis: US President John F. Kennedy, after internal counsel from Dwight D. Eisenhower, announces that American reconnaissance planes have discovered Soviet nuclear weapons in Cuba, and that he has ordered a naval “quarantine” of the Communist nation.
- December 14, 1962 – NASA’s Mariner 2 becomes the first spacecraft to fly by Venus.
Who Were Born On 1962?
- January 5, 1962 – Danny Jackson, American baseball player and manager
- January 23, 1962 – Richard Roxburgh, Australian actor and producer
- February 8, 1962 – Dennis Padilla, Filipino actor
- February 24, 1962 – Outi Mäenpää, Finnish actress and screenwriter
- June 9, 1962 – Yuval Banay, Israeli singer-songwriter and guitarist (Mashina)
- September 5, 1962 – John McGrath, Welsh businessman
- November 6, 1962 – Aznil Nawawi, Malaysian actor and singer
- November 22, 1962 – Sumi Jo, South Korean soprano
- November 24, 1962 – John Squire, English singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Stone Roses and The Seahorses)
- December 7, 1962 – Alain Blondel, French decathlete