The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2029. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Curious about this Christmas Favorite? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Historical Events Of 1962
- January 26, 1962 – Ranger program: Ranger 3 is launched to study the Moon. The space probe later misses the moon by 22,000 miles (35,400 km).
- February 5, 1962 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Tiger in Chinese astrology.
- February 27, 1962 – Two dissident Vietnam Air Force pilots bomb the Independence Palace in Saigon in a failed attempt to assassinate South Vietnam President Ngô Đình Diệm.
- March 2, 1962 – In Burma, the army led by General Ne Win seizes power in a coup d'état.
- March 13, 1962 – Lyman Lemnitzer, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, delivers a proposal, called Operation Northwoods, regarding performing terrorist attacks upon Guantanamo Bay Naval Base, to Secretary of Defense Robert McNamara. The proposal is scrapped and President John F. Kennedy removes Lemnitzer from his position.
- May 19, 1962 – A birthday salute to U.S. President John F. Kennedy takes place at Madison Square Garden, New York City. The highlight is Marilyn Monroe’s rendition of “Happy Birthday”.
- June 2, 1962 – During the 1962 FIFA World Cup, police had to intervene multiple times in fights between Chilean and Italian players in one of the most violent games in football history.
- July 6, 1962 – As a part of Operation Plowshare, the Sedan nuclear test takes place.
- September 6, 1962 – Archaeologist Peter Marsden discovers the first of the Blackfriars Ships dating back to the 2nd century AD in the Blackfriars area of the banks of the River Thames in London.
- October 22, 1962 – Cuban Missile Crisis: US President John F. Kennedy, after internal counsel from Dwight D. Eisenhower, announces that American reconnaissance planes have discovered Soviet nuclear weapons in Cuba, and that he has ordered a naval “quarantine” of the Communist nation.
Who Were Born On 1962?
- February 7, 1962 – Eddie Izzard, English comedian, actor, and producer
- March 27, 1962 – Jann Arden, Canadian singer-songwriter
- June 15, 1962 – Andrea Rost, Hungarian soprano
- August 11, 1962 – Rob Minkoff, American director and producer
- November 7, 1962 – Dirk Shafer, American model, actor, and director (d. 2015)
- November 12, 1962 – Mark Hunter, Canadian ice hockey player, coach, and manager
- November 24, 1962 – Tracey Wickham, Australian swimmer
- November 25, 1962 – Scott Cam, Australian TV personality