The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2030. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Historical Events Of 1963
- January 25, 1963 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Rabbit in Chinese astrology.
- March 27, 1963 – Beeching Axe: Dr. Richard Beeching issues a report calling for huge cuts to the United Kingdom’s rail network.
- April 12, 1963 – The Soviet nuclear-powered submarine K-33 collides with the Finnish merchant vessel M/S Finnclipper in the Danish straits.
- May 3, 1963 – The police force in Birmingham, Alabama switches tactics and responds with violent force to stop the “Birmingham campaign” protesters. Images of the violent suppression are transmitted worldwide, bringing new-found attention to the African-American Civil Rights Movement.
- May 24, 1963 – Baldwin–Kennedy meeting on race relations in the US
- June 12, 1963 – Civil rights leader Medgar Evers is murdered in front of his home in Jackson, Mississippi by Ku Klux Klan member Byron De La Beckwith.
- September 6, 1963 – The Centre for International Industrial Property Studies (CEIPI) is founded.
- November 23, 1963 – The BBC broadcasts “An Unearthly Child” (starring William Hartnell), the first episode of the science-fiction television serial of the same name and the first episode of Doctor Who, which is now the world’s longest running science fiction drama.
- December 12, 1963 – Kenya gains its independence from the United Kingdom.
- December 21, 1963 – The episode of intercommunal violence called “Bloody Christmas” begins in Cyprus, ultimately resulting in the displacement of 25,000-30,000 Turkish Cypriots and destruction of more than 100 villages.
Who Were Born On 1963?
- January 12, 1963 – Nando Reis, Brazilian singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer
- March 26, 1963 – Natsuhiko Kyogoku, Japanese author
- April 22, 1963 – Sean Lock, English comedian and actor
- July 15, 1963 – Brigitte Nielsen, Danish-American model, actress, and singer
- July 18, 1963 – Al Snow, American wrestler, sportscaster, and actor
- July 21, 1963 – Kevin Poole, English footballer and manager
- August 23, 1963 – Park Chan-wook, South Korean director, producer, and screenwriter
- September 14, 1963 – Tony Becker, American actor
- October 12, 1963 – Raimond Aumann, German footballer
- December 23, 1963 – Ante Zelck, German businessman