The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2020. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1964
- February 13, 1964 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Dragon in Chinese astrology.
- April 8, 1964 – Gemini 1 (unmanned test flight) launched.
- April 26, 1964 – Tanganyika and Zanzibar merge to form Tanzania.
- June 12, 1964 – Anti-apartheid activist and ANC leader Nelson Mandela is sentenced to life in prison for sabotage in South Africa.
- August 13, 1964 – Peter Allen and Gwynne Evans are hanged for the Murder of John Alan West becoming the last people executed in the United Kingdom.
- October 12, 1964 – The Soviet Union launches the Voskhod 1 into Earth orbit as the first spacecraft with a multi-person crew and the first flight without space suits
- October 14, 1964 – Leonid Brezhnev becomes the General Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, and thereby, along with his allies, such as Alexei Kosygin, the leader of the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics (USSR), ousting the former monolithic leader Nikita Khrushchev, and sending him into retirement as a nonperson in the USSR.
- October 24, 1964 – Northern Rhodesia gains independence from the United Kingdom and becomes the Republic of Zambia (Southern Rhodesia remained a colony until the next year, with the Unilateral Declaration of Independence).
- November 3, 1964 – Washington D.C. residents are able to vote in a presidential election for the first time.
- December 3, 1964 – Free Speech Movement: Police arrest over 800 students at the University of California, Berkeley, following their takeover and sit-in at the administration building in protest of the UC Regents’ decision to forbid protests on UC property.
Who Were Born On 1964?
- February 27, 1964 – Todd Bodine, American race car driver
- February 29, 1964 – Lyndon Byers, Canadian ice hockey player and radio host
- June 22, 1964 – Dicky Barrett, American singer and actor (The Mighty Mighty Bosstones)
- July 13, 1964 – Paul Thorn, American singer-songwriter and guitarist
- July 29, 1964 – Jaanus Veensalu, Estonian footballer
- August 31, 1964 – Ramón Arellano Félix, Mexican drug trafficker (d. 2002)
- September 28, 1964 – Claudio Borghi, Argentinian footballer and manager
- October 31, 1964 – Darryl Worley, American singer-songwriter and guitarist
- November 4, 1964 – Kurt Krakowian, American actor
- December 11, 1964 – Michel Courtemanche, Canadian comedian and actor