The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2021. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
Historical Events Of 1965
- February 2, 1965 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Snake in Chinese astrology.
- April 6, 1965 – The British Government announces the cancellation of the TSR-2 aircraft project.
- May 27, 1965 – Vietnam War: American warships begin the first bombardment of National Liberation Front targets within South Vietnam.
- July 26, 1965 – Full independence is granted to the Maldives.
- August 15, 1965 – The Beatles play to nearly 60,000 fans at Shea Stadium in New York City, an event later regarded as the birth of stadium rock.
- October 28, 1965 – Nostra aetate, the “Declaration on the Relation of the Church with Non-Christian Religions” of the Second Vatican Council, is promulgated by Pope Paul VI; it absolves the Jews of responsibility for the death of Jesus, reversing Innocent III’s 760-year-old declaration.
- October 30, 1965 – Vietnam War: Near Da Nang, United States Marines repel an intense attack by Viet Cong forces, killing 56 guerrillas.
- November 26, 1965 – In the Hammaguir launch facility in the Sahara Desert, France launches a Diamant-A rocket with its first satellite, Asterix-1, on board.
- December 25, 1965 – The Yemeni Nasserist Unionist People’s Organisation is founded in Ta'izz
- December 30, 1965 – Ferdinand Marcos becomes President of the Philippines.
Who Were Born On 1965?
- February 22, 1965 – Kieren Fallon, Irish jockey
- April 23, 1965 – Tommy DeCarlo, American singer-songwriter (Boston)
- May 18, 1965 – Ingo Schwichtenberg, German drummer (Helloween) (d. 1995)
- June 30, 1965 – Anna Levandi, Russian figure skater and coach
- July 11, 1965 – Ernesto Hoost, Dutch kick-boxer and sportscaster
- August 22, 1965 – Wendy Botha, South African-Australian surfer
- October 31, 1965 – Blue Edwards, American basketball player
- November 14, 1965 – Greg Hands, American-English politician, Treasurer of the Household
- December 5, 1965 – Wayne Smith, Jamaican rapper (d. 2014)
- December 27, 1965 – Salman Khan, Indian actor and singer