The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2022. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Lawrence’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
Historical Events Of 1966
- January 13, 1966 – Robert C. Weaver becomes the first African American Cabinet member when he is appointed United States Secretary of Housing and Urban Development.
- January 21, 1966 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Horse in Chinese astrology.
- February 26, 1966 – Apollo program: Launch of AS-201, the first flight of the Saturn IB rocket
- June 30, 1966 – The National Organization for Women, the United States’ largest feminist organization, is founded.
- July 18, 1966 – Human spaceflight: Gemini 10 is launched from Cape Kennedy on a 70-hour mission that includes docking with an orbiting Agena target vehicle.
- August 1, 1966 – Charles Whitman kills 16 people at the University of Texas at Austin before being killed by the police.
- August 16, 1966 – Vietnam War: The House Un-American Activities Committee begins investigations of Americans who have aided the Viet Cong. The committee intends to introduce legislation making these activities illegal. Anti-war demonstrators disrupt the meeting and 50 people are arrested.
- September 15, 1966 – U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson, responding to a sniper attack at the University of Texas at Austin, writes a letter to Congress urging the enactment of gun control legislation.
- November 4, 1966 – The Arno River floods Florence, Italy, to a maximum depth of 6.7 m, leaving thousands homeless and destroying millions of masterpieces of art and rare books. Also Venice was submerged on the same day at its record all-time acqua alta of 194 cm.
- December 24, 1966 – A Canadair CL-44 chartered by the United States military crashes into a small village in South Vietnam, killing 129.
Who Were Born On 1966?
- January 13, 1966 – Leo Visser, Dutch speed skater
- February 11, 1966 – Dieudonné M'bala M'bala, French comedian, actor, and activist
- April 18, 1966 – Trine Hattestad, Norwegian javelin thrower
- April 28, 1966 – Too Short, American rapper, producer, and actor
- May 16, 1966 – Janet Jackson, American singer-songwriter, producer, dancer, and actress
- May 28, 1966 – Roger Kumble, American director, screenwriter, and playwright
- August 22, 1966 – Brooke Dillman, American actress
- October 5, 1966 – Jan Verhaas, Dutch snooker player and referee
- October 24, 1966 – Simon Danczuk, English academic and politician
- December 12, 1966 – Último Dragón, Japanese wrestler and actor