The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2022. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1966
- January 21, 1966 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Horse in Chinese astrology.
- February 4, 1966 – All Nippon Airways Flight 60 plunges into Tokyo Bay, killing 133.
- March 10, 1966 – Military Prime Minister of South Vietnam Nguyễn Cao Kỳ sacked rival General Nguyễn Chánh Thi, precipitating large-scale civil and military dissension in parts of the nation.
- May 6, 1966 – Myra Hindley and Ian Brady are sentenced to life imprisonment for the Moors murders in England.
- May 21, 1966 – The Ulster Volunteer Force declares war on the Irish Republican Army in Northern Ireland.
- June 2, 1966 – Surveyor program: Surveyor 1 lands in Oceanus Procellarum on the Moon, becoming the first U.S. spacecraft to soft-land on another world.
- September 15, 1966 – U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson, responding to a sniper attack at the University of Texas at Austin, writes a letter to Congress urging the enactment of gun control legislation.
- September 29, 1966 – The Chevrolet Camaro, originally named Panther, is introduced.
- October 1, 1966 – West Coast Airlines Flight 956 crashes with eighteen fatalities and no survivors 5.5 miles south of Wemme, Oregon. This accident marks the first loss of a DC-9.
- December 26, 1966 – The first Kwanzaa is celebrated by Maulana Karenga, the chair of Black Studies at California State University, Long Beach.
Who Were Born On 1966?
- January 19, 1966 – Floris Jan Bovelander, Dutch field hockey player
- February 26, 1966 – Garry Conille, Haitian physician and politician, 14th Prime Minister of Haiti
- March 27, 1966 – Arthur H, French singer-songwriter and pianist
- April 29, 1966 – Marie Plourde, Canadian journalist
- July 5, 1966 – Susannah Doyle, English actress, director, and playwright
- September 2, 1966 – Olivier Panis, French race car driver
- September 28, 1966 – Puri Jagannadh, Indian director, producer, and screenwriter
- October 16, 1966 – Mary Elizabeth McGlynn, American voice actress, singer, and director
- November 25, 1966 – Tim Armstrong, American singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer (Rancid, The Transplants, Devils Brigade, Operation Ivy, Dance Hall Crashers)
- December 17, 1966 – Yuko Arimori, Japanese runner