The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2022. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
Historical Events Of 1966
- January 21, 1966 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Horse in Chinese astrology.
- February 2, 1966 – Pakistan suggests a six-point agenda with Kashmir after the Indo-Pakistani War of 1965.
- July 1, 1966 – The first color television transmission in Canada takes place from Toronto.
- July 2, 1966 – The French military explodes a nuclear test bomb codenamed Aldébaran in Moruroa, their first nuclear test in the Pacific.
- July 8, 1966 – King Mwambutsa IV Bangiriceng of Burundi is deposed by his son Prince Charles Ndizi.
- August 1, 1966 – Charles Whitman kills 16 people at the University of Texas at Austin before being killed by the police.
- August 22, 1966 – Labor movements NFWA and AWOC merge to become the United Farm Workers Organizing Committee (UFWOC), predecessor of the United Farm Workers.
- September 8, 1966 – The Severn Bridge is officially opened by Queen Elizabeth II.
- September 15, 1966 – U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson, responding to a sniper attack at the University of Texas at Austin, writes a letter to Congress urging the enactment of gun control legislation.
- October 5, 1966 – Near Detroit, Michigan, there is a partial core meltdown at the Enrico Fermi demonstration nuclear breeder reactor.
Who Were Born On 1966?
- January 10, 1966 – Naomi Zaizen, Japanese actress
- April 24, 1966 – Pierre Brassard, Canadian comedian and actor
- July 9, 1966 – Pamela Adlon, American actress, producer, and screenwriter
- August 13, 1966 – Shayne Corson, Canadian ice hockey player
- September 27, 1966 – Stephanie Wilson, American engineer and astronaut
- October 13, 1966 – John Regis, English sprinter
- October 19, 1966 – Roger Cross, Jamaican-Canadian actor
- December 16, 1966 – Clifford Robinson, American basketball player
- December 21, 1966 – Karri Turner, American actress
- December 22, 1966 – Marcel Schirmer, German singer-songwriter and bass player (Destruction)