The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2022. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1966
- January 12, 1966 – Lyndon B. Johnson states that the United States should stay in South Vietnam until Communist aggression there is ended.
- January 21, 1966 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Horse in Chinese astrology.
- March 8, 1966 – A bomb planted by Irish Republican Army militants destroys Nelson’s Pillar in Dublin.
- March 19, 1966 – Texas Western becomes the first college basketball team to win the Final four with an all-black starting lineup.
- May 6, 1966 – Myra Hindley and Ian Brady are sentenced to life imprisonment for the Moors murders in England.
- May 8, 1966 – A plane crash at Connellsville, Pennsylvania kills Pennsylvania Attorney General, Walter E. Alessandroni, his wife, and other state officials.
- May 15, 1966 – After a policy dispute, Prime Minister Nguyễn Cao Kỳ of South Vietnam’s ruling junta launches a military attack on the forces of General Tôn Thất Đính, forcing him to abandon his command.
- May 16, 1966 – The Communist Party of China issues the “May 16 Notice”, marking the beginning of the Cultural Revolution.
- July 18, 1966 – Australian children’s television series Play School airs for the first time, going on to become the longest-running children’s show in Australia, and the second longest running children’s show in the world
- September 8, 1966 – The first Star Trek series premieres on NBC.
Who Were Born On 1966?
- January 31, 1966 – Dexter Fletcher, English actor and director
- March 12, 1966 – Akemi Okamura, Japanese voice actress
- April 27, 1966 – Vyacheslav Oliynyk, Ukrainian wrestler
- June 30, 1966 – Wendy Davis, American actress and producer
- September 26, 1966 – Craig Heyward, American football player (d. 2006)
- October 11, 1966 – Todd Snider, American singer-songwriter and guitarist
- November 25, 1966 – Tim Armstrong, American singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer (Rancid, The Transplants, Devils Brigade, Operation Ivy, Dance Hall Crashers)
- December 9, 1966 – Dave Harold, English snooker player
- December 12, 1966 – Kōichi Nagano, Japanese voice actor
- December 13, 1966 – Ross Burden, New Zealand-English chef and author