The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2022. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Create unlimited collages for every occasion, big or small. Share online with animation and music, or print as heartfelt decor, keepsake cards, or frame-worthy gifts. Turn photos into art with Smilebox. It’s FREE - download now! (Sponsored link)
Historical Events Of 1966
- January 1, 1966 – A twelve-day New York City transit strike begins.
- January 4, 1966 – A military coup takes place in Upper Volta (later Burkina Faso), dissolving the National Parliament and leading to a new national constitution.
- January 21, 1966 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Horse in Chinese astrology.
- June 8, 1966 – An F-104 Starfighter collides with XB-70 Valkyrie prototype no. 2, destroying both planes during a photo shoot near Edwards Air Force Base. Joseph A. Walker, a NASA pilot, and Carl Cross, a United States Air Force test pilot, are both killed.
- July 15, 1966 – Vietnam War: The United States and South Vietnam begin Operation Hastings to push the North Vietnamese out of the Vietnamese Demilitarized Zone.
- September 8, 1966 – The first Star Trek series premieres on NBC.
- October 9, 1966 – Vietnam War: Binh Tai Massacre
- October 17, 1966 – A fire at a building in New York City kills 12 firefighters, the fire department’s deadliest day until the September 11, 2001 attacks.
- November 8, 1966 – U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson signs into law an antitrust exemption allowing the National Football League to merge with the upstart American Football League.
- November 15, 1966 – A Boeing 727 carrying Pan Am Flight 708 crashes near Berlin, Germany, killing all three people on board.
Who Were Born On 1966?
- January 18, 1966 – André Ribeiro, Brazilian race car driver
- January 31, 1966 – Dexter Fletcher, English actor and director
- February 23, 1966 – Mark Abrahamian, American guitarist (Starship) (d. 2012)
- April 24, 1966 – Pierre Brassard, Canadian comedian and actor
- May 28, 1966 – Ashley Laurence, American actress
- June 16, 1966 – Mark Occhilupo, Australian surfer
- June 30, 1966 – Wendy Davis, American actress and producer
- August 30, 1966 – Michael Michele, American actress
- October 24, 1966 – Roman Abramovich, Russian businessman and politician
- November 19, 1966 – Kakhaber Kacharava, Georgian footballer and manager