The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2021. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Curious about this Amethyst? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Historical Events Of 1993
- January 23, 1993 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Rooster in Chinese astrology.
- April 11, 1993 – Four hundred fifty prisoners rioted at the Southern Ohio Correctional Facility in Lucasville, Ohio, and continued to do so for ten days, citing grievances related to prison conditions, as well as the forced vaccination of Nation of Islam prisoners (for tuberculosis) against their religious beliefs.
- May 29, 1993 – The Miss Sarajevo beauty pageant is held in war torn Sarajevo drawing global attention to the plight of its citizens.
- August 9, 1993 – The Liberal Democratic Party of Japan loses a 38-year hold on national leadership.
- September 22, 1993 – A Transair Georgian Airlines Tu-154 is shot down by a missile in Sukhumi, Georgia.
- November 1, 1993 – The Maastricht Treaty takes effect, formally establishing the European Union.
- November 4, 1993 – The China Airlines Flight 605, a Boeing 747, overruns Runway 13 at Hong Kong’s Kai Tak International Airport while landing during a typhoon, injuring 22 people.
- November 9, 1993 – Stari Most, the “old bridge” in Bosnian Mostar built in 1566, collapses after several days of bombing.
- November 30, 1993 – U.S. President Bill Clinton signs the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act (the Brady Bill) into law.
- December 15, 1993 – The Troubles: The Downing Street Declaration is issued by British Prime Minister John Major and Irish Taoiseach Albert Reynolds.
Who Were Born On 1993?
- January 26, 1993 – Cameron Bright, Canadian actor
- March 2, 1993 – Mariya Yaremchuk, Ukrainian singer
- March 6, 1993 – Kristo Mangelsoo, Estonian basketball player
- March 15, 1993 – Paul Pogba, French footballer
- April 1, 1993 – Blair Fowler, American blogger
- June 21, 1993 – Caroline Brasch Nielsen, Danish model
- June 22, 1993 – Caydee Denney, American figure skater
- August 7, 1993 – Martti Nõmme, Estonian ski jumper
- September 29, 1993 – Viktor Romanenkov, Estonian figure skater
- October 31, 1993 – Nadine Lustre, Filipino actress and singer