The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2021. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1993
- January 1, 1993 – Dissolution of Czechoslovakia: Czechoslovakia is divided into Slovakia and the Czech Republic.
- January 23, 1993 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Rooster in Chinese astrology.
- February 28, 1993 – Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms agents raid the Branch Davidian church in Waco, Texas with a warrant to arrest the group’s leader David Koresh. Four BATF agents and five Davidians die in the initial raid, starting a 51-day standoff.
- March 12, 1993 – North Korea nuclear weapons program: North Korea says that it plans to withdraw from the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty and refuses to allow inspectors access to its nuclear sites.
- April 11, 1993 – Four hundred fifty prisoners rioted at the Southern Ohio Correctional Facility in Lucasville, Ohio, and continued to do so for ten days, citing grievances related to prison conditions, as well as the forced vaccination of Nation of Islam prisoners (for tuberculosis) against their religious beliefs.
- April 23, 1993 – Sri Lankan politician Lalith Athulathmudali is assassinated while addressing a gathering, approximately four weeks ahead of the Provincial Council elections for the Western Province.
- June 5, 1993 – Portions of the Holbeck Hall Hotel in Scarborough, in North Yorkshire, England, fall into the sea following a landslide.
- August 23, 1993 – The Galileo spacecraft discovers a moon, later named Dactyl, around 243 Ida, the first known asteroid moon.
- September 22, 1993 – A Transair Georgian Airlines Tu-154 is shot down by a missile in Sukhumi, Georgia.
- September 30, 1993 – An earthquake hits India’s Latur and Osmanabad district of Marathwada (Aurangabad division) in Maharashtra state leaving tens of thousands of people dead and many more homeless.
Who Were Born On 1993?
- January 11, 1993 – Will Keane, English footballer
- January 12, 1993 – Yu Inaba, Japanese actor
- March 5, 1993 – Alexa Dectis, American singer and actress
- March 7, 1993 – Robbie Thomson, Scottish footballer
- March 31, 1993 – Mikael Ishak, Swedish footballer
- April 25, 1993 – Alex Bowman, American race car driver
- August 20, 1993 – MK Nobilette, American singer
- September 2, 1993 – Montana Cox, Australian model
- September 21, 1993 – Kwon Mina, South Korean singer and actress (AOA)
- November 6, 1993 – Josh Wakefield, English footballer