The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2022. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters ONUSIG? Check your answers here: Word scramble ONUSIG. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
Historical Events Of 1994
- January 30, 1994 – Péter Lékó becomes the youngest chess grandmaster.
- February 10, 1994 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Dog in Chinese astrology.
- April 2, 1994 – The National Convention of New Sudan of the SPLA/M opens in Chukudum.
- April 6, 1994 – The Rwandan Genocide begins when the aircraft carrying Rwandan president Juvénal Habyarimana and Burundian president Cyprien Ntaryamira is shot down.
- July 8, 1994 – Kim Jong-il begins to assume supreme leadership of North Korea upon the death of his father, Kim Il-sung.
- August 23, 1994 – Eugene Bullard, the only black pilot in World War I, is posthumously commissioned as Second Lieutenant in the United States Air Force.
- September 3, 1994 – Sino-Soviet split: Russia and the People’s Republic of China agree to de-target their nuclear weapons against each other.
- October 14, 1994 – The Palestinian leader, Yasser Arafat, The Prime Minister of Israel, Yitzhak Rabin, and the Foreign Minister of Israel, Shimon Peres, receive the Nobel Peace Prize for their role in the establishment of the Oslo Accords and the framing of the future Palestinian Self Government.
- November 7, 1994 – WXYC, the student radio station of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, provides the world’s first internet radio broadcast.
- November 19, 1994 – In the United Kingdom, the first National Lottery draw is held. A £1 ticket gave a one-in-14-million chance of correctly guessing the winning six out of 49 numbers.
Who Were Born On 1994?
- January 6, 1994 – Jameis Winston, American football player
- February 13, 1994 – Patryk Dobek, Polish sprinter
- February 21, 1994 – Tang Haochen, Chinese tennis player
- March 14, 1994 – Ansel Elgort, American actor
- May 24, 1994 – Cayden Boyd, American actor
- August 24, 1994 – King Krule, English singer-songwriter and guitarist
- August 30, 1994 – Heo Young-ji, South Korean singer and dancer (Kara)
- October 20, 1994 – Corey Oates, Australian rugby player
- December 20, 1994 – Nazriya Nazim, Indian actress
- December 22, 1994 – Hà Ngọc Diễm, Vietnamese volleyball player