2002 Calendar Trivia
The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2030. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Historical Events Of 2002
- January 1, 2002 – The Open Skies mutual surveillance treaty, initially signed in 1992, officially comes into force.
- January 23, 2002 – “American Taliban” John Walker Lindh returns to the United States in FBI custody.
- February 12, 2002 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Horse in Chinese astrology.
- May 24, 2002 – Russia and the United States sign the Moscow Treaty.
- July 1, 2002 – Bashkirian Airlines Flight 2937 and a DHL (German cargo) Boeing 757 collide in mid-air over Überlingen, southern Germany, killing all 71 on board.
- July 27, 2002 – Ukraine airshow disaster: A Sukhoi Su-27 fighter crashes during an air show at Lviv, Ukraine killing 85 and injuring more than 100 others, the largest air show disaster in history.
- August 20, 2002 – A group of Iraqis opposed to the regime of Saddam Hussein take over the Iraqi Embassy in Berlin, Germany for five hours before releasing their hostages and surrendering.
- September 26, 2002 – The overcrowded Senegalese ferry MV Le Joola capsizes off the coast of the Gambia killing more than 1,000.
- October 24, 2002 – Police arrest spree killers John Allen Muhammad and Lee Boyd Malvo, ending the Beltway sniper attacks in the area around Washington, D.C.
- December 18, 2002 – 2003 California recall: Then Governor of California Gray Davis announces that the state would face a record budget deficit of $35 billion, roughly double the figure reported during his reelection campaign one month earlier.
Who Were Born On 2002?
- February 14, 2002 – Uggie, American acting dog (d. 2015)
- February 26, 2002 – Kendra and Maliyah Herrin, American conjoined twins
- May 4, 2002 – Anastasiya Petryk, Ukrainian singer
- June 10, 2002 – Belinda Mariano, Filipino actress
- August 30, 2002 – Raffey Cassidy, English actress
- September 3, 2002 – Bugoy Cariño, Filipino actor and dancer
- September 30, 2002 – Maddie Ziegler, American dancer and actress
- October 14, 2002 – Youssif, Iraqi burn victim
- November 14, 2002 – Ben Bowen, American brain cancer victim (d. 2005)
- November 19, 2002 – Gaia Cauchi, Maltese singer