The following events took place on April 11. The list is arranged in chronological order.
Found 47 events. Showing 1 - 20.
- 491Flavius Anastasius becomes Byzantine emperor, with the name of Anastasius I.
- 1079Bishop Stanislaus of Kraków is executed by order of Bolesław II of Poland.
- 1241Batu Khan defeats Béla IV of Hungary at the Battle of Mohi.
- 1512War of the League of Cambrai: French forces led by Gaston de Foix win the Battle of Ravenna.
- 1544French forces defeat a Spanish army at the Battle of Ceresole.
- 1689William III and Mary II are crowned as joint sovereigns of Great Britain.
- 1713War of the Spanish Succession (Queen Anne’s War): Treaty of Utrecht.
- 1727Premiere of Johann Sebastian Bach’s St Matthew Passion BWV 244b at the St. Thomas Church, Leipzig
- 1809Battle of the Basque Roads Naval battle fought between France and the United Kingdom
- 1814The Treaty of Fontainebleau ends the War of the Sixth Coalition against Napoleon Bonaparte, and forces him to abdicate unconditionally for the first time.
- 1856Battle of Rivas: Juan Santamaría burns down the hostel where William Walker’s filibusters are holed up.
- 1868Former Shogun Tokugawa Yoshinobu surrenders Edo Castle to Imperial forces, marking the end of the Tokugawa shogunate.
- 1876The Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks is organized.
- 1881Spelman College is founded in Atlanta, Georgia as the Atlanta Baptist Female Seminary, an institute of higher education for African-American women.
- 1888The Concertgebouw in Amsterdam is inaugurated.
- 1908SMS Blücher, the last armored cruiser to be built by the Imperial German Navy, launches.
- 1909The city of Tel Aviv is founded.
- 1913The Nevill Ground’s pavilion is destroyed in a suffragette arson attack becoming the only cricket ground to be attacked by suffragettes.
- 1919The International Labour Organization is founded.
- 1921Emir Abdullah establishes the first centralised government in the newly created British protectorate of Transjordan.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)