The following events took place on April 13. The list is arranged in chronological order.
Found 41 events. Showing 1 - 20.
- 1111Henry V is crowned Holy Roman Emperor.
- 1204Constantinople falls to the Crusaders of the Fourth Crusade, temporarily ending the Byzantine Empire.
- 1598Henry IV of France issues the Edict of Nantes, allowing freedom of religion to the Huguenots.
- 1612Miyamoto Musashi defeats Sasaki Kojirō at Funajima island.
- 1613Samuel Argall captures Native American princess Pocahontas in Passapatanzy, Virginia to ransom her for some English prisoners held by her father. She is brought to Henricus as hostage.
- 1699Guru Gobind Singh, the Tenth Sikh Guru, Created Khalsa on this day at Anandpur Sahib, Punjab.
- 1742George Frideric Handel’s oratorio Messiah makes its world-premiere in Dublin, Ireland.
- 1777American Revolutionary War: American forces are ambushed and defeated in the Battle of Bound Brook, New Jersey.
- 1829The Roman Catholic Relief Act 1829 gives Roman Catholics in the United Kingdom the right to vote and to sit in Parliament.
- 1849Hungary becomes a republic.
- 1861American Civil War: Fort Sumter surrenders to Confederate forces.
- 1865American Civil War: Raleigh, North Carolina is occupied by Union Forces.
- 1870The New York City Metropolitan Museum of Art is founded.
- 1873The Colfax massacre, in which more than 60 African Americans are murdered, takes place.
- 1902James C. Penney opens his first store in Kemmerer, Wyoming.
- 1909The Turkish military reverses the Ottoman countercoup of 1909 to force the overthrow of Sultan Abdul Hamid II.
- 1919The establishment of the Provisional Government of the Republic of Korea.
- 1919Jallianwala Bagh massacre: British troops gun down at least 379 unarmed demonstrators in Amritsar, India; at least 1200 are wounded.
- 1919Eugene V. Debs is imprisoned at the Atlanta Federal Penitentiary in Atlanta, Georgia, for speaking out against the draft during World War I.
- 1941A Pact of neutrality between the USSR and Japan is signed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)