The following events took place on June 25. The list is arranged in chronological order.
Found 42 events. Showing 1 - 20.
- 524The Franks are defeated by the Burgundians in the Battle of Vézeronce.
- 841In the Battle of Fontenay-en-Puisaye, forces led by Charles the Bald and Louis the German defeat the armies of Lothair I of Italy and Pepin II of Aquitaine.
- 1530At the Diet of Augsburg the Augsburg Confession is presented to the Holy Roman Emperor by the Lutheran princes and Electors of Germany.
- 1658Spanish forces fail to retake Jamaica at the Battle of Rio Nuevo during the Anglo-Spanish War.
- 1678Venetian Elena Cornaro Piscopia is the first woman awarded a doctorate of philosophy when she graduates from the University of Padua.
- 1741Maria Theresa of Austria is crowned Queen of Hungary.
- 1786Gavriil Pribylov discovers St. George Island of the Pribilof Islands in the Bering Sea.
- 1788Virginia becomes the tenth state to ratify the United States Constitution.
- 1876Battle of the Little Bighorn and the death of Lieutenant Colonel George Armstrong Custer.
- 1900The Taoist monk Wang Yuanlu discovers the Dunhuang manuscripts, a cache of ancient texts that are of great historical and religious significance, in the Mogao Caves of Dunhuang, China.
- 1906Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania millionaire Harry Thaw shoots and kills prominent architect Stanford White.
- 1910The United States Congress passes the Mann Act, which prohibits interstate transport of females for “immoral purposes”; the ambiguous language would be used to selectively prosecute people for years to come.
- 1910Igor Stravinsky’s ballet The Firebird is premiered in Paris, bringing him to prominence as a composer.
- 1913American Civil War veterans begin arriving at the Great Reunion of 1913.
- 1923Capt. Lowell H. Smith and Lt. John P. Richter perform the first ever aerial refueling in a DH.4B biplane
- 1935Diplomatic relations between the Soviet Union and Colombia are established.
- 1938Dr. Douglas Hyde is inaugurated as the first President of Ireland.
- 1940World War II: France officially surrenders to Germany at 01:35.
- 1943The Holocaust: Jews in the Częstochowa Ghetto in Poland stage an uprising against the Nazis.
- 1944World War II: The Battle of Tali-Ihantala, the largest battle ever fought in the Nordic countries, begins.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)