Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 24th of August 1988 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
August 24, 1988 was a Wednesday and it was the 237th day of the year 1988. It was the 34th Wednesday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1988 calendar will be in 2044. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Thursday. Next year it will be Saturday and two years from now it will be Sunday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 198 days left before your next birthday. You will be 35 years old when that day comes. There have been 12,585 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 4,195 days or 11.49 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 427 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on March 7 at 12:42:00 GMT – Tuesday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on May 2, 2020.
If a dog named Chido` - a Briard breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 198 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Chido` will be 45 dog years old. From that point forward a large-sized dog like Chido` will age 5-6 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1905Arthur Crudup
- 1916Léo Ferré
- 1949Charles Rocket
- 1956Dick Lee
- 1957Marcel Vanthilt
- 1973Grey DeLisle
- 1974Jennifer Lien
- 1980Sonja Bennett
- 1983Christopher Parker
View the complete list of August 24 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 24.
- 1578John Taylor, English poet and author (d. 1653)
- 1591Robert Herrick, English poet and cleric (d. 1674)
- 1942Max Cleland, American captain and politician, 23rd Secretary of State of Georgia
- 1948Kim Sung-il, South Korean commander and pilot
- 1951Orson Scott Card, American author and critic
- 1954Alain Daigle, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1961Ingrid Berghmans, Belgian martial artist
- 1975Mark de Vries, Surinamese-Dutch footballer
- 1977Jürgen Macho, Austrian footballer
- 1981Jiro Wang, Taiwanese singer and actor (Fahrenheit and Dong Cheng Wei)
View the complete list of August 24 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Theodore’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1561Willem of Orange marries duchess Anna of Saxony.
- 1662The Act of Uniformity requires England to accept the Book of Common Prayer.
- 1857The Panic of 1857 begins, setting off one of the most severe economic crises in United States history.
- 1870The Wolseley expedition reaches Manitoba to end the Red River Rebellion.
- 1937Spanish Civil War: Sovereign Council of Asturias and León is proclaimed in Gijón.
- 1944World War II: Allied troops begin the attack on Paris.
- 1989Colombian drug barons declare “total war” on the Colombian government.
- 1991Ukraine declares itself independent from the Soviet Union.
- 1992Hurricane Andrew makes landfall just south of Miami as a Category 5 hurricane.
- 2004Eighty-nine passengers die after two airliners explode after flying out of Domodedovo International Airport, near Moscow. The explosions are caused by suicide bombers (reportedly female) from the Russian Republic of Chechnya.
View the complete list of August 24 historical events.
Curious about this Earthly Delight? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 24, and 1988 reveal that your Life Path number is 22. It is a master number that represents practical idealism and material mastery. You were born under the most powerful and potentially the most successful of all Life Path numbers.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Diane Medina, Boris Karloff, Dina Spybey, Geraldine Fitzgerald, Jesse Winchester, Brad Davis, Sasha Sokol, Rider Strong, Chaiwat Thongsaeng, Billy Burnette.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on August 24 is Virgo ♍ (The Maiden) – a mutable sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Mercury – the planet of communication. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Dragon is the mythical animal and Earth is the Eastern element of a person born on August 24, 1988.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Virgo is carnelian. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Wednesday’ is amethyst.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 24th August 1988 is Poppy for preparedness.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on August 13, 1999. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +162. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on June 15, 1973. Your score is -168. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 5,114,557,167. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Monkey by George Michael as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 27, 1988). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Wales approximately on 800. Your profession was warrior, hunter, fisherman, executor of sacrifices.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You always liked to travel, to investigate, could have been detective or spy.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your lesson – to conquer jealousy and anger in yourself and then in those, who will select you as their guide. You should understand that these weaknesses are caused by fear and self-regret.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 139,142,510 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1988. The estimated number of babies born on 24th August 1988 is 380,171. That’s equivalent to 264 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jessica. This name was given to 51,538 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 64,133 times in the year 1988. Any chance you are Jessica or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man August 24” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about August 24, 1988. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 237th day of 1988
- Day of week: Wednesday
- Day of week birthstone: Amethyst
- Week index: 34th Wednesday of 1988
- Next same calendar year: 2044
- Day of week this year: Thursday
- Day of week next year: Saturday
- Day of week in 2025: Sunday
- Days until next birthday: 198 days
- Age on next birthday: 35 years old
- Days since birth: 12,585 days
- Days spent sleeping: 4,195 days
- Years spent sleeping: 11.49 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 427
- Next full moon: March 7 at 12:42:00 GMT – Tuesday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on May 2, 2020
- Age in dog years: 198 dog years old using a Briard breed
- Life path number and meaning: 22 – It is a master number that represents practical idealism and material mastery. You were born under the most powerful and potentially the most successful of all Life Path numbers.
- Western zodiac sign: Virgo ♍ (The Maiden)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Mutable
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Mercury – the planet of communication
- Western zodiac gemstone: Carnelian
- Eastern zodiac animal: Dragon
- Eastern zodiac element: Earth
- Modern birthstone: Peridot
- Mystical birthstone: Diamond (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Poppy for preparedness
- Best compatible birthday: August 13, 1999 (+162)
- Worst compatible birthday: June 15, 1973 (-168)
- 1988 world population: 5,114,557,167
- Number one song: Monkey by George Michael (August 27, 1988)
- Babies born in 1988: 139,142,510
- Babies born in 1988 every day: 380,171
- Babies born in 1988 every minute: 264
- Popular girl’s name: Jessica – 51,538 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 64,133 babies
- Roman numerals: XXIV.VIII.MCMLXXXVIII
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: February 8, 1981 – Myriam Montemayor Cruz, Mexican singer; January 30, 1990 – Eiza González, Mexican singer-songwriter and actress; April 16, 1927 – Rolf Schult, German actor (d. 2013).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,060