Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 24th of August 1988 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 11 minutes. Enjoy!
August 24, 1988 was a Wednesday and it was the 237th day of the year 1988. It was the 34th Wednesday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1988 calendar will be in 2044. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Tuesday. Next year it will be Wednesday and two years from now it will be Thursday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 339 days left before your next birthday. You will be 34 years old when that day comes. There have been 12,079 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 4,026 days or 11.02 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 409 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on September 20 at 23:56:00 GMT – Monday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on May 2, 2020.
If a dog named Slurpee - a Sloughi breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 193 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Slurpee will be 45 dog years old. From that point forward a large-sized dog like Slurpee will age 5-6 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1904Alice White
- 1924Alyn Ainsworth
- 1945Vince McMahon
- 1949Joe Regalbuto
- 1958Steve Guttenberg
- 1963Hideo Kojima
- 1978Darren Robinson
- 1979Elva Hsiao
- 1980Sonja Bennett
- 1981Jiro Wang
View the complete list of August 24 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 24.
- 1787James Weddell, Belgian-English sailor, hunter, and explorer (d. 1834)
- 1948Kim Sung-il, South Korean commander and pilot
- 1952John Cowan, American singer and bass player (New Grass Revival, The Sky Kings, and The Doobie Brothers)
- 1952Marion Bloem, Dutch author, director, and painter
- 1954Alain Daigle, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1962Craig Kilborn, American actor and talk show host
- 1975Mark de Vries, Surinamese-Dutch footballer
- 1978Beth Riesgraf, American actress
- 1994King Krule, English singer-songwriter and guitarist
- 1994Rafid Topan Sucipto, Indonesian motorcycle racer
View the complete list of August 24 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Camila’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1682William Penn receives the area that is now the state of Delaware, and adds it to his colony of Pennsylvania.
- 1690Job Charnock of the East India Company establishes a factory in Calcutta, an event formerly considered the founding of the city (in 2003 the Calcutta High Court ruled that the city has no birthday).
- 1814British troops invade Washington, D.C. and during the Burning of Washington the White House, the Capitol and many other buildings are set ablaze.
- 1891Thomas Edison patents the motion picture camera.
- 1933The Crescent Limited train derails in Washington, D.C., after the bridge it is crossing is washed out by the 1933 Chesapeake–Potomac hurricane.
- 1989Cincinnati Reds manager Pete Rose is banned from baseball for gambling by Commissioner A. Bartlett Giamatti.
- 1989Tadeusz Mazowiecki is chosen as the first non-communist Prime Minister in Central and Eastern Europe.
- 1991Mikhail Gorbachev resigns as head of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union.
- 1991Ukraine declares itself independent from the Soviet Union.
- 1998First radio-frequency identification (RFID) human implantation tested in the United Kingdom.
View the complete list of August 24 historical events.
Curious about this Heavenly Delight? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 24, and 1988 reveal that your Life Path number is 22. It is a master number that represents practical idealism and material mastery. You were born under the most powerful and potentially the most successful of all Life Path numbers.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Angus McLaren, Rod McKuen, Lance Percival, Chris Hemsworth, Elva Hsiao, Chris Rainbow, Megan Ward, B. J. Thomas, Joseph Fiennes, Tanay Chheda.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on August 24 is Virgo ♍ (The Maiden) – a mutable sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Mercury – the planet of communication. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Dragon is the mythical animal and Earth is the Eastern element of a person born on August 24, 1988.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Virgo is carnelian. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Wednesday’ is amethyst.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 24th August 1988 is Poppy for preparedness.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on August 13, 1999. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +162. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on June 15, 1973. Your score is -168. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 5,114,557,167. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Monkey by George Michael as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 27, 1988). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Wales approximately on 800. Your profession was warrior, hunter, fisherman, executor of sacrifices.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You always liked to travel, to investigate, could have been detective or spy.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your lesson – to conquer jealousy and anger in yourself and then in those, who will select you as their guide. You should understand that these weaknesses are caused by fear and self-regret.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 139,142,510 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1988. The estimated number of babies born on 24th August 1988 is 380,171. That’s equivalent to 264 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jessica. This name was given to 51,538 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 64,133 times in the year 1988. Any chance you are Jessica or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man August 24” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about August 24, 1988. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 237th day of 1988
- Day of week: Wednesday
- Day of week birthstone: Amethyst
- Week index: 34th Wednesday of 1988
- Next same calendar year: 2044
- Day of week this year: Tuesday
- Day of week next year: Wednesday
- Day of week in 2023: Thursday
- Days until next birthday: 339 days
- Age on next birthday: 34 years old
- Days since birth: 12,079 days
- Days spent sleeping: 4,026 days
- Years spent sleeping: 11.02 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 409
- Next full moon: September 20 at 23:56:00 GMT – Monday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on May 2, 2020
- Age in dog years: 193 dog years old using a Sloughi breed
- Life path number and meaning: 22 – It is a master number that represents practical idealism and material mastery. You were born under the most powerful and potentially the most successful of all Life Path numbers.
- Western zodiac sign: Virgo ♍ (The Maiden)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Mutable
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Mercury – the planet of communication
- Western zodiac gemstone: Carnelian
- Eastern zodiac animal: Dragon
- Eastern zodiac element: Earth
- Modern birthstone: Peridot
- Mystical birthstone: Diamond (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Poppy for preparedness
- Best compatible birthday: August 13, 1999 (+162)
- Worst compatible birthday: June 15, 1973 (-168)
- 1988 world population: 5,114,557,167
- Number one song: Monkey by George Michael (August 27, 1988)
- Babies born in 1988: 139,142,510
- Babies born in 1988 every day: 380,171
- Babies born in 1988 every minute: 264
- Popular girl’s name: Jessica – 51,538 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 64,133 babies
- Roman numerals: XXIV.VIII.MCMLXXXVIII
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: April 9, 1939 – Michael Learned, American actress and singer; April 27, 1956 – Douglas P., English-Australian singer, producer, and actor (Death in June and Crisis); April 1, 1983 – Sergey Lazarev, Russian singer, actor, and dancer (Smash!!).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,100