The following events took place on July 12. The list is arranged in chronological order.
Found 45 events. Showing 1 - 30.
- 927King Constantine II of Scotland, King Hywel Dda of Deheubarth, Ealdred of Bamburgh and King Owain of Strathclyde accepted the overlordship of King Æthelstan of England, leading to seven years of peace in the north.
- 1191Third Crusade: Saladin’s garrison surrenders to Philip Augustus, ending the two-year siege of Acre.
- 1470The Ottomans capture Euboea.
- 1493Hartmann Schedel’s Nuremberg Chronicle, one of the best-documented early printed books, is published.
- 1527Lê Cung Hoàng ceded the throne to Mạc Đăng Dung, ending the Lê dynasty and starting the Mạc dynasty.
- 1543King Henry VIII of England marries his sixth and last wife, Catherine Parr, at Hampton Court Palace.
- 1561Saint Basil’s Cathedral in Moscow is consecrated.
- 1562Fray Diego de Landa, acting Bishop of Yucatán, burns the sacred books of the Maya.
- 1580The Ostrog Bible, one of the early printed Bibles in a Slavic language, is published.
- 1690Battle of the Boyne (Gregorian calendar): The armies of William III defeat those of the former James II.
- 1691Battle of Aughrim (Julian calendar): The decisive victory of William III of England’s forces in Ireland.
- 1776Captain James Cook begins his third voyage.
- 1789French revolutionary and radical journalist Camille Desmoulins gave a speech in response to the dismissal of Jacques Necker France’s finance minister the day before. The speech calls the citizens to arms and leads to the Storming of the Bastille two days later.
- 1790The Civil Constitution of the Clergy is passed in France by the National Constituent Assembly.
- 1799Ranjit Singh conquers Lahore and becomes Maharaja of the Punjab (Sikh Empire).
- 1801French Revolutionary Wars: British Royal Navy ships inflict heavy damage against Spanish and French ships in the Second Battle of Algeciras.
- 1804Former United States Secretary of the Treasury Alexander Hamilton dies a day after being shot in a duel.
- 1806Sixteen German imperial states leave the Holy Roman Empire and form the Confederation of the Rhine.
- 1806Liechtenstein is given full sovereignty after its accession to the Confederation of the Rhine.
- 1812War of 1812: The United States invades Canada at Windsor, Ontario.
- 1862The Medal of Honor is authorized by the United States Congress.
- 1879The National Guards Unit of Bulgaria is founded.
- 1913Second Balkan War: Serbian forces begin their siege of the Bulgarian city of Vidin; the siege is later called off when the war ends.
- 1917The Bisbee Deportation occurs as vigilantes kidnap and deport nearly 1,300 striking miners and others from Bisbee, Arizona.
- 1918The Imperial Japanese Navy battleship Kawachi blows up at Shunan, western Honshu, Japan, killing at least 621.
- 1920The Soviet–Lithuanian Peace Treaty is signed. Soviet Russia recognizes independent Lithuania.
- 1932Hedley Verity takes a cricket world record ten wickets for ten runs in a county match for Yorkshire.
- 1943World War II: Battle of Prokhorovka: German and Soviet forces engage in one of the largest tank engagements of all time.
- 1948Arab–Israeli War: Israeli Prime Minister David Ben-Gurion orders the expulsion of Palestinians from the towns of Lod and Ramla.
- 1960Orlyonok, the main Young Pioneer camp of the Russian SFSR, is founded.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Jayden’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)