The following events took place on June 30. The list is arranged in chronological order.
Found 47 events. Showing 1 - 20.
- 350Roman usurper Nepotianus, of the Constantinian dynasty, is defeated and killed in Rome by troops of the usurper Magnentius.
- 763The Byzantine army of emperor Constantine V defeats the Bulgarian forces in the Battle of Anchialus.
- 1422Battle of Arbedo between the duke of Milan and the Swiss cantons.
- 1520Spanish conquistadors led by Hernán Cortés fight their way out of Tenochtitlan.
- 1521Spanish forces defeat a combined French and Navarrese army at the Battle of Noáin during the Spanish conquest of Iberian Navarre.
- 1559King Henry II of France is mortally wounded in a jousting match against Gabriel, comte de Montgomery.
- 1651The Deluge: Khmelnytsky Uprising – the Battle of Berestechko ends with a Polish victory.
- 1688The Immortal Seven issue the Invitation to William (continuing the English rebellion from Rome), which would culminate in the Glorious Revolution.
- 1758Seven Years’ War: The Battle of Domstadtl takes place.
- 1794Native American forces under Blue Jacket attack Fort Recovery.
- 1805The U.S. Congress organizes the Michigan Territory.
- 1859French acrobat Charles Blondin crosses Niagara Falls on a tightrope.
- 1860The 1860 Oxford evolution debate at the Oxford University Museum of Natural History takes place.
- 1864U.S. President Abraham Lincoln grants Yosemite Valley to California for “public use, resort and recreation”.
- 1882Charles J. Guiteau is hanged in Washington, D.C. for the assassination of U.S. President James Garfield.
- 1886The first transcontinental train trip across Canada departs from Montreal. It arrives in Port Moody, British Columbia on July 4.
- 1892The Homestead Strike begins near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- 1905Albert Einstein sends the article On the Electrodynamics of Moving Bodies, in which he introduces special relativity, for publication in Annalen der Physik.
- 1906The United States Congress passes the Meat Inspection Act and Pure Food and Drug Act.
- 1908The Tunguska event occurs in remote Siberia.
Create unlimited collages for every occasion, big or small. Share online with animation and music, or print as heartfelt decor, keepsake cards, or frame-worthy gifts. Turn photos into art with Smilebox. It’s FREE - download now! (Sponsored link)