The following events took place on June 30. The list is arranged in chronological order.
Found 47 events. Showing 1 - 30.
- 350Roman usurper Nepotianus, of the Constantinian dynasty, is defeated and killed in Rome by troops of the usurper Magnentius.
- 763The Byzantine army of emperor Constantine V defeats the Bulgarian forces in the Battle of Anchialus.
- 1422Battle of Arbedo between the duke of Milan and the Swiss cantons.
- 1520Spanish conquistadors led by Hernán Cortés fight their way out of Tenochtitlan.
- 1521Spanish forces defeat a combined French and Navarrese army at the Battle of Noáin during the Spanish conquest of Iberian Navarre.
- 1559King Henry II of France is mortally wounded in a jousting match against Gabriel, comte de Montgomery.
- 1651The Deluge: Khmelnytsky Uprising – the Battle of Berestechko ends with a Polish victory.
- 1688The Immortal Seven issue the Invitation to William (continuing the English rebellion from Rome), which would culminate in the Glorious Revolution.
- 1758Seven Years’ War: The Battle of Domstadtl takes place.
- 1794Native American forces under Blue Jacket attack Fort Recovery.
- 1805The U.S. Congress organizes the Michigan Territory.
- 1859French acrobat Charles Blondin crosses Niagara Falls on a tightrope.
- 1860The 1860 Oxford evolution debate at the Oxford University Museum of Natural History takes place.
- 1864U.S. President Abraham Lincoln grants Yosemite Valley to California for “public use, resort and recreation”.
- 1882Charles J. Guiteau is hanged in Washington, D.C. for the assassination of U.S. President James Garfield.
- 1886The first transcontinental train trip across Canada departs from Montreal. It arrives in Port Moody, British Columbia on July 4.
- 1892The Homestead Strike begins near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- 1905Albert Einstein sends the article On the Electrodynamics of Moving Bodies, in which he introduces special relativity, for publication in Annalen der Physik.
- 1906The United States Congress passes the Meat Inspection Act and Pure Food and Drug Act.
- 1908The Tunguska event occurs in remote Siberia.
- 1912The Regina Cyclone hits Regina, Saskatchewan, killing 28. It remains Canada’s deadliest tornado event.
- 1917World War I: Greece declares war on the Central Powers.
- 1921U.S. President Warren G. Harding appoints former President William Howard Taft Chief Justice of the United States.
- 1922In Washington D.C., U.S. Secretary of State Charles Evans Hughes and Dominican Ambassador Francisco J. Peynado sign the Hughes–Peynado agreement, which ends the United States occupation of the Dominican Republic.
- 1934The Night of the Long Knives, Adolf Hitler’s violent purge of his political rivals in Germany, takes place.
- 1936Emperor Haile Selassie of Abyssinia appeals for aid to the League of Nations against Italy’s invasion of his country.
- 1937The world’s first emergency telephone number, 999, is introduced in London
- 1944World War II: The Battle of Cherbourg ends with the fall of the strategically valuable port to American forces.
- 1953The first Chevrolet Corvette rolls off the assembly line in Flint, Michigan.
- 1956A TWA Super Constellation and a United Airlines DC-7 collide above the Grand Canyon in Arizona and crash, killing all 128 on board both airliners.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)