The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2018. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
What is in store for you this year? Let these forecasts and predictions help you succeed in life. Benefit from life changing events and know when they occur. Make everyday activities easier to handle. Get your Forecast Reports or download free samples!
Historical Events Of 1934
- February 14, 1934 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Dog in Chinese astrology.
- July 2, 1934 – The Night of the Long Knives ends with the death of Ernst Röhm.
- July 25, 1934 – The Nazis assassinate Austrian Chancellor Engelbert Dollfuss in a failed coup attempt.
- August 19, 1934 – The creation of the position Führer is approved by the German electorate with 89.9% of the popular vote.
- September 18, 1934 – The USSR is admitted to the League of Nations.
- September 21, 1934 – A large typhoon hits western Honshū, Japan, killing 3,036 people.
- September 22, 1934 – An explosion takes place at Gresford Colliery in Wales, leading to the deaths of 266 miners and rescuers.
- November 23, 1934 – An Anglo-Ethiopian boundary commission in the Ogaden discovers an Italian garrison at Walwal, well within Ethiopian territory. This leads to the Abyssinia Crisis.
- December 29, 1934 – Japan renounces the Washington Naval Treaty of 1922 and the London Naval Treaty of 1930.
Who Were Born On 1934?
- February 12, 1934 – Anne Osborn Krueger, American economist and academic
- February 27, 1934 – N. Scott Momaday, American author and academic
- March 25, 1934 – Gloria Steinem, American journalist and activist, co-founded the Women’s Media Center
- April 5, 1934 – John Carey, English author and critic
- April 28, 1934 – Lois Duncan, American journalist and author
- June 28, 1934 – Bette Greene, American journalist and author
- August 19, 1934 – Renée Richards, American tennis player and ophthalmologist
- September 20, 1934 – Jeff Morris, American actor (d. 2004)
- October 15, 1934 – Alan Elsdon, English trumpet player
- December 28, 1934 – Yujiro Ishihara, Japanese actor, singer, and producer (d. 1987)