The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2018. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
What is in store for you this year? Let these forecasts and predictions help you succeed in life. Benefit from life changing events and know when they occur. Make everyday activities easier to handle. Get your Forecast Reports or download free samples!
Historical Events Of 1934
- January 26, 1934 – The Apollo Theater reopens in Harlem, New York City.
- January 28, 1934 – The first ski tow in the United States begins operation in Vermont.
- February 2, 1934 – The Export-Import Bank of the United States is incorporated.
- February 12, 1934 – The Austrian Civil War begins.
- February 14, 1934 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Dog in Chinese astrology.
- April 12, 1934 – The U.S. Auto-Lite strike begins, culminating in a five-day melee between Ohio National Guard troops and 6,000 strikers and picketers.
- June 30, 1934 – The Night of the Long Knives, Adolf Hitler’s violent purge of his political rivals in Germany, takes place.
- July 20, 1934 – West Coast waterfront strike: In Seattle, police fire tear gas on and club 2,000 striking longshoremen. The governor of Oregon calls out the National Guard to break a strike on the Portland docks.
- October 22, 1934 – In East Liverpool, Ohio, Federal Bureau of Investigation agents shoot and kill notorious bank robber Pretty Boy Floyd.
- December 11, 1934 – Bill Wilson, co-founder of Alcoholics Anonymous, takes his last drink and enters treatment for the last time.
Who Were Born On 1934?
- January 29, 1934 – Branko Miljković, Serbian poet (d. 1961)
- February 15, 1934 – Graham Kennedy, Australian actor (d. 2005)
- March 28, 1934 – Lester R. Brown, American environmentalist, founded the Earth Policy Institute and Worldwatch Institute
- March 30, 1934 – Paul Crouch, American broadcaster, co-founded the Trinity Broadcasting Network (d. 2013)
- May 3, 1934 – Georges Moustaki, Egyptian-French singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 2013)
- July 13, 1934 – Wole Soyinka, Nigerian author, poet, and playwright, Nobel Prize laureate
- October 11, 1934 – Peter Hujar, American photographer (d. 1987)
- October 12, 1934 – Richard Meier, American architect, designed the Getty Center and City Tower
- October 17, 1934 – Rico Rodriguez, American trombonist (The Specials and Jools Holland’s Rhythm and Blues Orchestra)
- November 15, 1934 – Peter Dickinson, English pianist and composer