The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2018. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1934
- February 14, 1934 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Dog in Chinese astrology.
- April 12, 1934 – The U.S. Auto-Lite strike begins, culminating in a five-day melee between Ohio National Guard troops and 6,000 strikers and picketers.
- May 5, 1934 – The first Three Stooges short, Woman Haters, is released.
- May 23, 1934 – The American bank robbers Bonnie and Clyde are ambushed by police and killed in Bienville Parish, Louisiana.
- June 6, 1934 – New Deal: The U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt signs the Securities Act of 1933 into law, establishing the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- July 20, 1934 – West Coast waterfront strike: In Seattle, police fire tear gas on and club 2,000 striking longshoremen. The governor of Oregon calls out the National Guard to break a strike on the Portland docks.
- October 9, 1934 – Regicide at Marseille: The assassination of King Alexander I of Yugoslavia and Louis Barthou, Foreign Minister of France.
- October 16, 1934 – Chinese Communists begin the Long March; it ended a year and four days later, by which time Mao Zedong had regained his title as party chairman.
- December 1, 1934 – In the Soviet Union, Politburo member Sergey Kirov is shot dead by Leonid Nikolaev at the Communist Party headquarters in Leningrad.
- December 11, 1934 – Bill Wilson, co-founder of Alcoholics Anonymous, takes his last drink and enters treatment for the last time.
Who Were Born On 1934?
- January 8, 1934 – Alexandra Ripley, American author (d. 2004)
- March 27, 1934 – Ioannis Paleokrassas, Greek politician, 17th Greek Minister of Finance
- May 1, 1934 – Cuauhtémoc Cárdenas, Mexican politician
- June 26, 1934 – Dave Grusin, American pianist and composer
- July 18, 1934 – Roger Reynolds, American composer and educator
- August 5, 1934 – Wendell Berry, American author, poet, and farmer
- September 20, 1934 – David Marquand, English academic and politician
- October 12, 1934 – Richard Meier, American architect, designed the Getty Center and City Tower
- December 3, 1934 – Nicolas Coster, American actor and producer
- December 5, 1934 – Joan Didion, American author and screenwriter