The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2018. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1934
- February 14, 1934 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Dog in Chinese astrology.
- April 12, 1934 – The strongest surface wind gust in the world at the time of 231 mph, is measured on the summit of Mount Washington, New Hampshire. It has since been surpassed.
- April 21, 1934 – The “Surgeon’s Photograph”, the most famous photo allegedly showing the Loch Ness Monster, is published in the Daily Mail (in 1999, it is revealed to be a hoax).
- May 19, 1934 – Zveno and the Bulgarian Army engineer a coup d'état and install Kimon Georgiev as the new Prime Minister of Bulgaria.
- June 26, 1934 – United States President Franklin D. Roosevelt signs the Federal Credit Union Act, which establishes credit unions.
- September 8, 1934 – Off the New Jersey coast, a fire aboard the passenger liner SS Morro Castle kills 135 people.
- September 21, 1934 – A large typhoon hits western Honshū, Japan, killing 3,036 people.
- December 1, 1934 – In the Soviet Union, Politburo member Sergey Kirov is shot dead by Leonid Nikolaev at the Communist Party headquarters in Leningrad.
- December 5, 1934 – Abyssinia Crisis: Italian troops attack Wal Wal in Abyssinia, taking four days to capture the city.
- December 29, 1934 – Japan renounces the Washington Naval Treaty of 1922 and the London Naval Treaty of 1930.
Who Were Born On 1934?
- January 6, 1934 – Sylvia Syms, English actress
- February 12, 1934 – Bill Russell, American basketball player and coach
- March 22, 1934 – Orrin Hatch, American lawyer and politician
- April 15, 1934 – Soichiro Tahara, Japanese journalist
- May 29, 1934 – Nanette Newman, English actress and author
- June 18, 1934 – Brian Kenny, English general
- July 13, 1934 – Peter Gzowski, Canadian journalist and academic (d. 2002)
- August 20, 1934 – Tom Mangold, German-English journalist and author
- October 12, 1934 – James “Sugar Boy” Crawford, American singer-songwriter and pianist (d. 2012)
- December 30, 1934 – Barry Briggs, New Zealand motorcycle racer and sportscaster